Skip to content

Which D&D game do you want remastered next after the Baldur's Gate series?

Comments

• DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    Icewind Dale!
  • Raziel_HasturRaziel_Hastur Member Posts: 10
    I had difficulty picking between Planescape and Icewind Dale but Planescape is an RPG that every gamer must play at least once.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    I voted for Planescape: Torment. However I think the most financially sound decision for Beamdog would be to remaster Icewind Dale after it completes Baldur's Gate.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    IWD was already converted to aurora engine (NWN2 model), not that's a good thing, but i don't think an enhancement of IWD now would be a wise business choice.

Planescape: Torment has the best history made or that will ever be made for RPGs, while Baldur's Gate is an immortal legend too, PS:T in terms of history is a little better (and i truly love BG).

But most of the ppl here are not trying to compare PS:T with all those other awersome games, it's just that many feel cheated with the poor engine and configuration that PS:T received, the infinite engine model of PS:T sucks a lot, A LOT really. It's like baptize a wagon with "Ferrari".

The need for a enhancement to PS:T comes from a sense of empitness that anyone whom played the game had feel at some moment. We had to endure that shit version of infinite engine to enjoy the awersome plot.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Planescape: Torment failed financially, even though it's built a huge cult following and iconic status it still may not be a risk worth taking as a third venture for Overhaul.

IWD was converted to Aurora? That must've been a fan project.
  • Wonderboy2402Wonderboy2402 Member Posts: 121
    It seems to me alot of the work with BG would transfer fairly well into IWD. The hurdles solved in remastering things and whatnot... But I mean, Planescape. Wow, legendary and really would be great to see some enhancements and new work done for it.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    If BG-EE ,BG2-EE are good enough , we can spend copule of years in this two games.. (Including Mods) So , i don't think we need another remaster at this moment..
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    As for the Temple of Elemental Evil, a group of modders called The Circle of Eight (co8.org) have vastly improved the old TOEE game. They've squashed numerous bugs, re-enabled "cut" content, and have even added whole new areas to the original game.
  • GotNoUsernameGotNoUsername Member Posts: 49
    I would say BG3 , IWD 1 was OK 2 is not so fun , I like the old system better and PC well not bad but BG2 is greater so a new BG 3 would be king
  • yazgangyazgang Member Posts: 41
    IWD 1 & 2 EE would be legendary.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Difficult to answer, as PS:T is a close second.
  • limlitelimlite Member Posts: 12
    I vote for a re-vamp of Skyrim, it's so outdated and clunky... Apologies, I had my stupid brain on (powertool sounds) ... That's better. Hopefully, a BG3 would provide an impoved version of an Infinity like engine and that could be used for re-vamping all the above, pre-Infinity engine mentioned games.
  • KraytKnightKraytKnight Member Posts: 31
    Either Baldur's Gate 3 when they make it, but if not Planescape Torment, it was an amazing game back then.
  • GypsySocksGypsySocks Member Posts: 40
    My heart is begging for Ice Wind Dale Enhanced
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Dang it all, meant to click "Planescape"...
  • wariisopwariisop Member Posts: 163
    IWD enchanced would make my day.
  • If the enhancements to the multiplayer experience are everything I'm hoping for, then Icewind Dale will be all the better. Great storyline makes it a game worth coming back to again. Hopefully BG will be successful enough to warrant both IWD and BG3 development.
  • reddwarfreddwarf Member Posts: 22
    Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment! Planescape Torment!
  • MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106
    The path is clear. Pool of Radiance, then the rest of the Gold Box series!
  • jpierce55jpierce55 Member Posts: 86
    TOEE and NWN don't need remasterd. IWD would be nice.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    NWN need to be forget, NWN2 i can endure.

ToEE i never played and Pool of Radiance the same.

PS:T is my main desire for an EE version, followed of a BG III.

I don't like IWD, what ppl call freedom for roleplay i call weak story and laziness of the devs whom developed the plot, so if the game don't get an EE version i will not shed a tear for it. I didn't played IWD2 so i can't speak of it.
  • jpierce55jpierce55 Member Posts: 86
    IWD without the Heart of Winter expansion is not all that great imo, but you have to consider the era it was made in. Don't get me wrong, I like it enough to play, but it is the weaker of the IWD & BG series. IWD2 still had generic party members, but an incredible storyline.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Eller Sounds a lot like Car Wars to me.
  • EilerEiler Member Posts: 93
    edited August 2012
    @LadyRhian

Similar but you want to amass, manage and arm personnel on a greater scale similar to what you saw in the car gangs in Max Max: The Road Warrior.

You could have any mixed quantity of gang members that would fit in your vehicles (a bus or an 18 wheeler tractor trailor could hold a ton of people and supplies) and a limited number of specialized officers ('cronies'). Their dispersion accross the vehicles was up to you. How you armed them and placed them (firing arcs) was up to you.

I think the whole thing was based off or was a take-off from a Mad Max themed tabletop game.

It was a lot of fun at the time despite the interface.

Now that I think about it, it would probably be easy to turn into an APP as some of its design resembles certain resource oriented flash/web/phone games...even though this game is from the mid to late 80s.

However the part that would be complicated for such a simplistic design would be the vehicle combat which was orientation, speed and weapon arc sensitive -- not to mention tires, armor, vehicle mass and intertia all played a part in combat much the way all that plays out in a tabletop Mechwarrior game.
    Post edited by Eiler on
    edited August 2012
    I played through all of the IWD series offerings once but I played through the BG series 8 or 9 times.

There are other D&D games I would prefer over IWD (PS: Torment, yep) but I would not protest if it was enhanced.

There are a lot of D&D games I would like redone but that likely falls out of scope with enhancement.
    kamuizin said:

NWN need to be forget, NWN2 i can endure.

ToEE i never played and Pool of Radiance the same.

PS:T is my main desire for an EE version, followed of a BG III.

I don't like IWD, what ppl call freedom for roleplay i call weak story and laziness of the devs whom developed the plot, so if the game don't get an EE version i will not shed a tear for it. I didn't played IWD2 so i can't speak of it.

Post edited by Eiler on
    @Eller Car Wars *was* a Mad Max-Themed Tabletop game. I am not sure one would call it an RPG, although I think later on they did introduce characters and whatnot, because there was an article in Dragon Magazine about resurrecting your Car Wars character through clones... or something like that.
    edited August 2012
    @LadyRhian

Interesting then. Actually it looks like Car Wars was based off an Alan Dean Foster short story (which I've read): "Why Johnny Can't Speed" which is in a non-dystopic (just a otherwise normal world where society has given up trying to police the roads) environment vs Mad Max which is dystopic (and had the gang thing going that RoadWar plays with). However I can see why it would eventually morph into a Mad Maxesque model (though it could very easily have turned into something more like Twisted Metal) and I also see it predates RoadWar2000.

However I overlooked that this was about D&D games so it is off topic in anycase.
    @Eller True. I still want the gold box games done in the Infinity Engine. It certainly could be done, and honestly, it would be awesome! Especially the end of the original Gold Box Pool of Radiance, where you fight the Brass Dragon possessed by the spirit of Tyranthraxus.
    edited August 2012
    @LadyRhian
    Yeah I too would love to see the TSR/SSI Forgotten Realms Gold Box games professionally modernized.