Skip to content

Stand out Memorable BG1 Moments (Spoilers Obviously)

13»

Comments

• The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839

Nothing like meeting Koveras and not realising whom you've just meet...

He sure looks smaller without his armour.
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    I must admit I didnt realise who Koveras was (I was young, dammit)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Neither did I. In hindsight, it's such a 'durrrr' moment. Stupid Sarevok.
  • ThemightyTiaxThemightyTiax Member Posts: 6
    One of my favorite moments has to be when you go to the meeting in Baldurs Gate at the palace where they are voting for the position of high duke and you out sarevok... Felt so epic to FINALLY foil one of his schemes!
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    maybe its because you dont actually hear his name all that much till about half way trhough the game? not sure
  • RannRann Member Posts: 168
    Firewine Bridge -- the first place that forced me to consider tactics instead of just rushing in all the time (not a choice we had in the Gold Box) games. I still can't believe I didn't even equip my party with missile weapons until then. (And then years later, I watched my sons make the same mistake...)
  • Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    Firewine Bridge - before I realized that enemies re-spawn after every loading. I was happily tromping down a corridor I thought was wiped clean, and suddenly there were countless kobold commandos shooting me with their damn firearrows! Holy shit, cried I, the bastards are coming out of the walls! :D
    Of course I died and reloaded, which only made the problem worse.... On the positive notes, after I finely managed to bail out of that hellhole, I never wanted for firearrows again. ;)

The moment that actually torn me up emotionally was going through Candlekeep dungeons and happening upon that horrid room, where the Dopplegangers stashed the half-rotten, half-eaten bodies of people I knew all my life... And then realizing that of all people, that jerk Ulraunt made it out OK... then going back to Baldur's Gate only to discover that Scar is now dead too... Godsdamnit, I'm gonna get you for this, Sarevok!!!
    ;)

And then I played TotSC, and my poor naive PC was smashing his way through Durlag's Tower thinking, "what a horrible thing to happen to the poor dwarf... I at least never had to go through something like this." And I was thinking, 'you poor bastard, if only you knew what's in store for you...'

• JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292

Nothing like meeting Koveras and not realising whom you've just meet...

Especially since he gives you a +1 ring of protection. Or did I steal that from him?

• Syntia13Syntia13 Member Posts: 514
    About Koveras... It may seem like a lame and lazy alias, but let's be honest - how many of you go around wondering how people's name would sound spelled backwards? I know exactly one person who sometimes speaks backwards for fun. I know two women (family) who can anagram on the fly - they spend few hours every day doing crosswords and other word puzzles. (Practice makes perfect!) But most people out there, myself included, think that anagram is a weight unit, and ananym is medical condition. ;)
    In short, the poor Bhaalspawn who spent the last few months (years?) doing physical labor and fighting for their life has a valid excuse not to wonder how 'koveras' would sound if spoken backwards... and Sarevok knows this. :)
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I once tried pick pocketing Gorion at the start of a game. He got mad and threw a lightning bolt that not only killed me but took out Imoen as well. Talk about an over-reaction. That guy really needs to work on his parenting skills.
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    The first time you fired FIVE magic missiles!