Skip to content

[Known, 7344] - Head statue in Spellhold not opening

darthwigglesdarthwiggles Member Posts: 7
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I've just played through the first "dungeon" Spellhold area—the one where you exit by providing the crystal and hand to the massive head statue, which should then allow you to pass. I've provided the items, received the confirmation dialog/journal entry, but it still will not allow me to pass.

I don't have a recent previous save to go to for this one, since I quicksaved after, not remembering the exit wasn't off somewhere else. I have attached the save.
Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• darthwigglesdarthwiggles Member Posts: 7
    Just kidding apparently, there was an auto save from when I left the other area. So this isn't urgent. Still weird though.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    This happened to me once while the game was still in beta. I reloaded and it worked the second time. Not sure why this is happening.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited December 2013
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Gate70, duplicate topic created with save game here.

Did this get reported?
    @Gate70,

I was able to reproduce using the save that Tresset made, as well as the save originally uploaded in the other topic.

I was also able to fix it, and attached the fix in the other thread. The fix works for all three saves, this one and the other topic.
    It is entirely possible it was after, but if I'm right (which would make a change), the issue is that the actions do not fire, so after is the same as before in this case.
    @darthwiggles, can you confirm that you got experience at least the first time you spoke to the head and it said the way was open?
  • CivolatatCivolatat Member Posts: 7
    I'm having this same issue... the statue says I can go through but my party can't get by him... can someone help?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Civolatat reloading several times should help.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Heh, didn't have this one in the consolidated list. Added.
  • zimbrazimbra Member Posts: 1
    I just hit this on the ios version of bg2:ee. Has anyone confirmed that reloading works for ios? I've tried about 10 times, no luck (and my last save is very, very old...)
  • gcrackergcracker Member Posts: 4
    I am also having a problem where I cannot get the head to let me past i am attaching my save file and it would also be very helpful if someone could let me know where the other thread on this topic is because i didnt see it
    Sorry it didnt upload the first time but here is the file
    edited March 2014
    @gcracker‌ download the file attached to this post and unzip/drop it in your override folder.
    The override folder is in the same directory as the CHITIN.KEY of BG2:EE (you'll have BG1:EE and BG2:EE's CHITIN.KEYs), if there isn't an override folder, create one and drop the file.
    @gcracker, did you get any experience from the dialogue even though the head didn't open?
    i dont remember if i got xp by talking to it the first time but the fix that CrevsDaak posted solved the issue
    @CrevsDaak thanks a ton that fix worked brilliantly
  • Fluid29Fluid29 Member Posts: 62
    CrevsDaak said:

@gcracker‌ download the file attached to this post and unzip/drop it in your override folder.
    The override folder is in the same directory as the CHITIN.KEY of BG2:EE (you'll have BG1:EE and BG2:EE's CHITIN.KEYs), if there isn't an override folder, create one and drop the file.

Thank you very much for your solution to my problem/bug :-)
  • MudskiMudski Member Posts: 2
    zimbra said:

I just hit this on the ios version of bg2:ee. Has anyone confirmed that reloading works for ios? I've tried about 10 times, no luck (and my last save is very, very old...)

I'm having the same issue, playing on iPad, took the items to the head then started looking around the dungeon for the door that must have opened..... Several saves later and everything else on the floor cleared out I check online and find it was a bug, can't go back to before I gave them to the head in the first place :-(

Any ideas for a fix on the iPad version? Enjoying the game and don't want this to be the end!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    When we release the next BGII patch you should be safe to continue; we've added a check so that the door will open even if your save has already been broken, as long as you've given the head the proper items.
  • MudskiMudski Member Posts: 2
    Dee said:

When we release the next BGII patch you should be safe to continue; we've added a check so that the door will open even if your save has already been broken, as long as you've given the head the proper items.

Great, thanks,
    hopefully it won't be too far off :-)
  • coldcold Member Posts: 2
    I had same problem but the solution from above didn't work for me (maybe because of steam game version)

But I found other way. You have to open console, by adding to baldur.ini (file should be in documents, where saves are). During the game, before talking to Head open console and write:

C:SetGlobal("openHead","AR1512",0)

That should do the trick :)
  • AtreyuAtreyu Member Posts: 2
    Mudski said:

zimbra said:

I'm having the same issue, playing on iPad, took the items to the head then started looking around the dungeon for the door that must have opened..... Several saves later and everything else on the floor cleared out I check online and find it was a bug, can't go back to before I gave them to the head in the first place :-(

Any ideas for a fix on the iPad version? Enjoying the game and don't want this to be the end!
    I have the exact same issue on iPad... I tried to use iFunBox to copy the fix file that @Troodon80‌ uploaded in a related forum, but for unknown reasons I am unable to copy a file to the "overdrive" folder. However, I am able to copy files to and from the save files folder. Attached is my save game example of this bug in action.

If anyone can help by tweaking this save game to open the head, it would be VERY much appreciated. I can wait for the 1.3 Patch, but that would be like telling a 5 year old that Santa isn't coming until February this year.
    @Atryu here I fixed your saved game ;) thanks to @cold for the CLUAConsole command suggestion!
  • AtreyuAtreyu Member Posts: 2
    Legit! Thank you and @cold a ton.
  • J271J271 Member Posts: 0
    V frustrating - have got hand and jewel, state says path is open, but can't get through to exit!! I am playing on iPad, have tried reloading etc, not working. Is a bug fix imminent? Thank you for any help!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited November 2014
    @J271‌ I've merged your forum post into here. If you wish to continue before the game is patched you can either zip and attach a save here or use the workaround mentioned by CrevsDaak.

In either case you would need something like iTools or iFunbox on pc/mac or something on the iPad where you could navigate to the save folder and upload (recommendations welcome as I've not had time to look).
    Thanks
  • hazinatorhazinator Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

Im experiencing the problems with the head. I have both the hand and the shard, and get the dialog that something opened. However nothing does, even with many restarts.

Can any kind soul fix my save file aswell?

I dont play on computer, but on a iPad.

Thanks in advance
    Im afraid i forgot to attach the file(i think...)
    sorry for the double post.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Gate70 said:

Here you go @hazinator‌

Thank you so much!

It worked flawelessly.