Skip to content

#6985 [CORE] - Can't Hear My Character's Voice

Byakko110Byakko110 Member Posts: 11
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I have seen this problem in other threads but I still can't seem to fix it so I thought I'd try again. The problem is that when I start a game I cannot hear my main character's voice. I can hear other sounds and other voices just fine. I'm not using a custom voice set and it only seems to show up when I use the "default" voice option.
Does anyone have any advice for how to fix this? Let me know if I need to give any more details.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2013
    @Byakko110

Let me guess, you imported a character?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25211/4126-core-import-save-bug-missing-character-voices

Moving this to Not an Issue as a duplicate. If you did NOT import a character or saved game please @ me and I'll get more info.

• Byakko110Byakko110 Member Posts: 11
    Illydth said:

@Byakko110

Let me guess, you imported a character?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25211/4126-core-import-save-bug-missing-character-voices

Moving this to Not an Issue as a duplicate. If you did NOT import a character or saved game please @ me and I'll get more info.

Good idea, but sadly no.
    Moved back, Happening with a freshly made character.
    @Troodon80, @Gate70: Can either of you try to re-produce this? I seem to be getting this issue with ANY character I create...regardless of importing or just creating my own character. Loading any of the default characters does, indeed, produce voices for the PC, but any character I try to create is getting no voice attached.

The important part seems to be to create the character with the "Default" voice. I've tried human and elf, and Ranger, Sorcerer and Fighter all of which had the same problem so it's not class or race related. If you select "default" for the voice (DO NOT change the voice in the "Appearance" tab) it seems to bring in the character with no voice. However if you select any other voice, including Male5 (which is the default voice) the character will get a voice upon creation.

Is this 4126? I'll re-test character import to see if it's just the use of the default voice that's the issue.
    @Byakkol10: I'm trying to get some advice on how to handle this off thread. Give me a day or two to figure out what we're going to do with this issue in final.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I have this happen to me in BGEE too, I don't have a single character so far with any character sounds despite them all working at character creation and all working if I go to customise the character to chose a new set.
  • EketEket Member Posts: 69
    Might be related. I have this problem om bg:ee on ios when i choose the default soundset for my male character. The other soundsets do work.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Hey man, this happened to me too! However, I used the voice "default". If you switch to the actual numbered voice (four for women and five for men I believe) it might work (it did for me)

hope this helps!
    edited December 2013

Hey man, this happened to me too! However, I used the voice "default". If you switch to the actual numbered voice (four for women and five for men I believe) it might work (it did for me)

hope this helps!

Gate70 said:

Possibly only affects default soundset so workaround is to use one of the others?

Male soundset 5 or female soundset 4 are the same as default and appear to be OK.

That's likely going to be what I do in the mean time.
    Still once Illydth finds the solution we'll be sure to post it here anyway.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    hey man, I don't think you understood that. the fourth female and fifth male are actually the EXACT same as the default, so if you just use them your problem should be solved :)

hey man, I don't think you understood that. the fourth female and fifth male are actually the EXACT same as the default, so if you just use them your problem should be solved :)

No no, I understood. I'm mainly curious as to why this is happening at all.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2013
    It affects the default sound set only. You can fix this by
    1. create a default soundset by copying all sounds to default (like male4a->default4a).
    2. use a save game editor and change the soundset from DEFAULT to MALE4
    3. just select Male4 as sound set in the customization window
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited December 2013
    Sooooo what would the workaround be for BG1:EE? It happens there too....

Edit: Found a workaround for BG1:EE. I extracted all the default sounds from my vBG1 and I added them as custom soundsets. Uhmmm not everyone can do that so I may have to make a thread somewhere people will find it and upload my work.
    Post edited by Tresset on