Skip to content

Can YOU Brave the Sword Coast? - Real-Life Ability Scores! CHALLENGE MODE!

SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
So guys there was this thing I found a while back (I think this guy that I was friends with gave it to me?) that is like a quiz. Except it doesn't tell you who your Final Fantasy or The Lord of the Rings hubby is, it tells you what your ability scores would be in real life.

http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/terragf/back/xstattest.html

Because having a script quantify your attributes makes total sense! I'll admit, the Strength questions are ********, but it's fun. :3

HERE IS MINE
Strength 8, Intelligence 13, Wisdom 11, Dexterity 16, Constitution 15, Charisma 15

I'm a 78-Point Character!

All the alignment tests I've seen are pretty "eh", so I'll spare you all. I tend to vary between Chaotic Good and Neutral Good, though, so I'll go with Neutral Good, Chaotic tendencies.

THAT SAID. I guess take this test and make a character based on the results and run them through the Baldur's Gate computer vidya gehm series! I'm going to!

Comments

• nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    edited December 2013
    ooh this one has actual feats instead of asking you to use your judgment. nice!

edit: argh, pushups
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    according to that test I am

Str: 10
    Dex: 12
    Con: 8
    Int: 9/12
    Wis: 11
    Cha: 11

Sorry guys I'm just your average joe commoner
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    nano said:

ooh this one has actual feats instead of asking you to use your judgment. nice!

edit: argh, pushups

All of my years of nerve damage, poisoning, wearing too much in hot environments and too little in cold environments, and accidental burns and cuts paid off! Have YOURS?
    edited December 2013
    apparently not, they've just lowered my hitpoints...

str: 10
    dex: 6
    con: 7
    int: 16/11
    int: 14 (why is int there twice? maybe this is the average?)
    wis: 12
    cha: 9

my dex is low enough to get penalties, ouch

I like puzzles so I did well on the puzzle section, yay

I'm a 58-point character! I should just stay in Candlekeep. But I like that you get reasonable, normal person scores out of this test.
    nano said:

apparently not, they've just lowered my hitpoints...

str: 10
    dex: 6
    con: 7
    int: 16/11
    int: 14 (why is int there twice? maybe this is the average?)
    wis: 12
    cha: 9

my dex is low enough to get penalties, ouch

I like puzzles so I did well on the puzzle section, yay

I'm a 58-point character! I should just stay in Candlekeep. But I like that you get reasonable, normal person scores out of this test.

INT is averaged. I got 8/15 ~ 13.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Str: 9 xD
    Dex: 14
    Con: 11
    Int: 16 (15/16)
    Wis: 14
    Cha: 17
    Total: 81
    Looks like I'm rolling another Bard.
    damn I must be terrible IRL
    I must be even punier than I'd hoped.
    edited December 2013
    I went by what I remembered being able to do. I'm much too delicate to do too many~ :3
    You can't be that delicate with 15 con! As the person with the lowest con I demand to be placed in the back. Nominating @SCARY_WIZARD for tank
    unfortunately it capped out on situps for me >< Pushups I didn't bother doing, long forgotten but ya I always easily passed any test involving situps/crunches.
  • jean30jean30 Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2013
    uhm , i think i have a problem.

str: 7
    dex: 15
    con: 13
    int: (15/10) 13
    wis: 10
    cha: 21
    i mean 21 cha ???? bah

Edit: i just remembered i forgot to answer the str based questions
    nano said:

You can't be that delicate with 15 con! As the person with the lowest con I demand to be placed in the back. Nominating @SCARY_WIZARD for tank

An M-U/T tank? I get the gauntlets of ogre strength, then. :|
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    STR 10
    DEX 6
    CON 8
    INT (14/10) 12
    WIS 11
    CHA 13

Hmmm... I think my safest class is 'peasant', and hope no Chaotic Evil adventurers or rampaging monsters wander through my village.

damn I must be terrible IRL

@Dragonspear
    Nah... These tests are as much about your ego as your actual abilities. A lot depends on how highly you want to rate yourself, and how hard you try for all the intelligence based puzzles. If I couldn't solve something quickly, without resorting to hand calculations, I just gave up.

ps:
    Can somebody tell me the answers to 9, 10 and 11 of part 2 of the Int test? I have a sneaky feeling (I am hoping) it is 'cultural/contextual', and not something blatantly obvious that I missed. lol
    I assumed hand-written calculations were a no-no?
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    edited December 2013
    STR: 7
    DEX: 14
    CON: 12
    INT: 14 (16/11)
    WIS: 16
    CHA: 11

So basically I'm like a weaker, clumsier, dumber, uglier Aerie. That being said it's still not a terrible roll for a Cleric/Mage, I'll just have to hoard potions to scribe stuff.
    Actually I just realised that a lot depends on how you interpret these questions. Like I wondered why my Dex was so woeful. I mean it’s not good, but being a relatively small fellow, with woeful aerobic fitness, I’d have thought that my Dex should be better than my Con.

For example I left these unticked.

“Are you good at dodging incoming projectiles?”

Well… thankfully I don’t live in a war zone, so I don’t have to find out.

“Are you good at games that require dodging?”

Basically the same question no? And I haven’t played dodge since I was 10.

“Are you able to catch a fast moving ball flying in your general direction?”

Yes, I can, but I don’t play basketball/rugby regularly, so I am not a better catcher than average. I mean even somebody with terrible hand-eye coordination can catch a ball by luck.

“Can you move quickly in a very crowded area?”

I’m a small Chinese fellow, born in the teeming masses of the cities… you’d think it be genetic by now! However, how do u measure that?! Isn’t this more a measure of strength and intimidation as u just barge your way through a crowd? lol

Also for Intelligence, I did not select either Working Alone or Working in a Group, cos I have no preference for either and feel comfortable with both. Maybe I wudda got more brownie points if I selected both?

Incidentally… my primary attribute is Charisma?! Oh I am so screwed…

ps:
    Can somebody tell me the answers to 9, 10 and 11 of part 2 of the Int test? I have a sneaky feeling (I am hoping) it is 'cultural/contextual', and not something blatantly obvious that I missed. lol

the wisdom test?

54 cards in a deck, with jokers
    too old to change
    point blank
    nano said:

ps:

the wisdom test?

too old to change
    point blank
    Ah damnit... nvm I can't blame it on 'Americanisms' lol (Like where I had to convert kg into pounds to answer the benchpress question)... Looks like those failures were just due to mediocre Intelligence. :D

nano said:

I call the gauntlets of dexterity! c:

actually what I really want are the speed boots... and a lot of distance. I think my adventure as a sorcerer would be a lot like Rincewind's. Sarevok will be well acquainted with my rapidly retreating form.
    nano said:

nano said:

actually what I really want are the speed boots... and a lot of distance. I think my adventure as a sorcerer would be a lot like Rincewind's. Sarevok will be well acquainted with my rapidly retreating form.
    Sarevok will be well-acquainted with my Sauron-esque demoralization tactics. Not directed at him, but directed at his lackeys, until he is left without any help.

And then SCARY_WIZARD became Neutral Evil.

nano said:

ps:

the wisdom test?

too old to change
    point blank
    Ah damnit... nvm I can't blame it on 'Americanisms' lol (Like where I had to convert kg into pounds to answer the benchpress question)... Looks like those failures were just due to mediocre Intelligence. :D
    heh, I had to peek at the answers for #9.

If anyone's curious about the int quiz answers, here they are:

1. 28
    2. 58
    3. 9
    4. e
    5. p
    6. Eggplant
    7. Tevinsky
    8. 1
    9. E
    10. A
    11. B
    12. D
    13. A
    14. Saturday
    15. Tie
    16. 38000

note that 4 and 5 have to be entered in lowercase. I messed that up but I consider it fair game because it did say so in the instructions, I just didn't read carefully :(

nano said:

nano said:

Sarevok will be well-acquainted with my Sauron-esque demoralization tactics. Not directed at him, but directed at his lackeys, until he is left without any help.

And then SCARY_WIZARD became Neutral Evil.
    scary...

I'm not sure how I'd fight him but it'd probably be something along the lines of mailing him skull traps.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    Here's mine, I guess I would be some sort of thief/mage thing. Wish my CHA was higher so I could be a bard :(

10 STR
    17 DEX
    13 CON
    15 INT
    11 WIS
    11 CHA
    nano said:

I'm not sure how I'd fight him but it'd probably be something along the lines of mailing him skull traps.

There are other P&P methods, too. Once I'm at "Title" level (9) as a Magic-User or Thief I should be able to establish a guild or tower somewhere. Stock up on followers, and have them all rush him and his lackeys. Job's done!
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    edited December 2013
    Yeah I found some of the questions.. questionable.

A curl per second till you lose count? Is it even possible to curl up in one second? (not from what I've ever seen).

Anyway, I did my best to answer quickly without thinking too long about each question and got these results:

STR 7/10 (it was 7 when I first finished, I'm sure.. but without changing anything, it now it says 10. I think 9 - 10 is more accurate, since I know I can carry 20+ kg (50+ pounds, weight allowance for 9 STR) for a long time, if properly packed and balanced (camping/hiking). I used to do medieval re-enactment and used sword, shield, gambeson, chainmail, gauntlets, bracers, boots and full helmet while fighting as well.

DEX 14. I feel that's fair. I'm not a bad shot with a bow.

CON 12. Feels fair. I have good endurance, but average health (I catch colds more than once a year etc).

INT 13. I'd say probably right, given the description of the stat in D&D manuals.

WIS 14.

CHA 10. I don't have a lot of friends, but the friends I do have are good friends =D

I think those aren't too bad. The powergamer in me wants to see more 18s, especially int and dex (mage thief is me).. but these stats are closer to what I see on NPC companions etc and I think they'd fit into BG just fine.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    In general the test was quite interesting. I tested myself to some of these questions before answering them (dexterity for instance) and with the results I have gotten I think I will run with a character through BG1EE using these stats. Probably as a transmuter.

Str: 5
    Dex: 16
    Con: 11
    Int: 16: 17/15
    Wis: 15
    Cha: 14
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited December 2013
    Ooh, one with actual tests. :)

STR: 11
    DEX: 14
    CON: 13
    INT: 17 (17/17)
    WIS: 17
    CHA: 16

Total: 88

Well, I've got pleasingly high mental stats and nothing below average human, so that's nice. I have to say I was a little disappointed in myself with regards to the strength tests, but nothing to really complain about. That said, did anyone else think that the test was too generous with regards to intellect scores?

For a class, I guess a caster of some sort would be wise. Maybe a Mage/Cleric?