Skip to content

Can YOU Brave the Sword Coast? - Real-Life Ability Scores! CHALLENGE MODE!

Comments

• forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    I was actually pretty happy with mine, although I'm not sure I have a good direction to a go for any one class:

Str: 16
    Dex: 15
    Con: 12
    Int: 16 (16/16)
    Wis: 16
    Cha: 14

I guess with the abundance of strength boosting items in the second game, I could have a shot at a melee class of some sort, but I would be kind of squishy... I would normally say a bard could be good, but I don't think my charisma would be high enough... Maybe a Cleric/Mage who uses slings (for the decent strength bonus on damage), or even just a fighter/mage (obviously with a lot of stat boosting items)... Not really good enough in any one stat to have a clear class, but an 89 role is nothing to sneeze at...
  • FatalApocalypseFatalApocalypse Member Posts: 66
    str 16 dex 16 con 16 int 11/16 int 14 wis 9 cha 11

Open the mead barrels and undress the maids, people.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    STR 7
    DEX 7
    CON 11
    INT 14
    WIS 12
    CHA 12

I can be a very sucky kitless mage. Whee! ^^
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Just an update for anyone interested:
    Jack-Jack Romani, the 81 point Jester, began his quest outside of Winthrop's Inn, as so many others have before him. I decided I would try this on Core Rules. Poor little bugger was on his way to get some book for his childhood crush Phlydia when he decided to snoop around the Priests' quarters. Inside, Shank proved true to his name, and Jack-Jack's journey was over before it ever really began.
    I've decided to press on, as this was never a no-reload run to begin with, but it was such a pathetic beginning to his quest, I felt compelled to share.
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    edited January 2014
    STR 17
    DEX 14
    CON 16
    INT 11
    WIS 10
    CHA 15

Hmm, I'm thinking a mediocre pure class fighter maybe lol. I have the charisma for a paladin, but not the wisdom :/
  • WolkWolk Member Posts: 279
    STR: 14
    DEX: 7
    CON: 16
    INT: 15 ( I think I lost points because I don't have interest in music or other form of arts except litterature.)
    WIS: 13
    CHA: 11
    76 point isn't enough, but i've got the stats to make a conjurer, which is really good, I summon minions, they do the work, no need to be a superman to make others fight for you.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    jackjack said:

Jack-Jack Romani

@jackjack I take it you are gypsy in heritage?

would make playing a bard even cooler!
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

STR 17
    DEX 14
    CON 16
    INT 11
    WIS 10
    CHA 15

Hmm, I'm thinking a mediocre pure class fighter maybe lol. I have the charisma for a paladin, but not the wisdom :/

Paladins require 17 CHA IIRC, yeah they are a one in a million bunch. Impressive stats, btw, are you a professional sportsperson or martial artist?

edited January 2014
    @lunar Oh really? i thought 15 was the minimum CHA requirement for Pally's. Oh well, there goes that lol. I'm not a professional athlete or anything, but I am in the military, and work out at least 5 days a week. That probably has something to do with the physical side of things lol
    edited January 2014
    I'd still get blasted by every trap and fried by every mage that came along without at least a Cleric/Druid as a healer and some kind of thief/rogue to round out the group lol
    My dad was a medic in the Greek army, so he'd be your cleric @stoneswords
    If I ever get drafted that's probably what I would be as well
    now if we can only find a rogue... (special forces? sniper sneak attack?)
    @booinyoureyes well let's put out the call then. since I'm too lazy to look back in the thread, who here had at least a 17 in DEX with a decent INT and CON? They can be our party thief lol
    @booinyoureyes - a gypsy I was born, a gypsy shall I forever remain.
    edited January 2014
    jackjack said:

@booinyoureyes - a gypsy I was born, a gypsy shall I forever remain.

@jackjack
    So you are a flamenco playing bard with a specialty in divination! (palm reading)
    Only because they won't let me lug around my piano on adventures, though.
    well, since I'm also a bard I'll do the guitar and singing and you can wear a dress and dance and play those little... hand... drum... clam-looking... thingies!
    Ach, it's my second grade play all over again.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Nope, I can't. From my atributes, there were only two that were different than 10. One below avarege, one, one above avarege. So I'm not cut to be an adventurer, it seems.

But then again, the results were from the one test made for fun, so it doesn't mean anything, after all.
  • TeeqTeeq Member Posts: 11
    STR: 10
    DEX: 15
    CON: 11
    INT: 14
    WIS: 15
    CHA: 14

Not abysmal, but I don't fit any class particularly well. With the appropriate tome, I could be a crappy theif, bard, or druid.
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    STR 13
    DEX 16
    CON 15
    INT 16 (17/14)
    WIS 14
    CHA 12

Looks like I'm a decent mage or a decent thief... or a decent mage/thief
    (Also I'm an 86 point character... I feel accomplished)
  • SharShar Member Posts: 158
    jackjack said:

Just an update for anyone interested:
    Jack-Jack Romani, the 81 point Jester, began his quest outside of Winthrop's Inn, as so many others have before him. I decided I would try this on Core Rules. Poor little bugger was on his way to get some book for his childhood crush Phlydia when he decided to snoop around the Priests' quarters. Inside, Shank proved true to his name, and Jack-Jack's journey was over before it ever really began.
    I've decided to press on, as this was never a no-reload run to begin with, but it was such a pathetic beginning to his quest, I felt compelled to share.

Interesting have you tried soloing black pits? I made my 87 point Blade do that on core and with luck and copious amount of re-loads he has braved his way to the druid with spiders.
    Haha, a solo Jester in the black pits…this sounds glorious.
    "It was a good death."
    I dunno if you get friends acquire potions of speed and sunray spell will help against mages (one shot necromancer with luck). Sleep spell or few sleep spells will take care of ogre problem and such with luck. Give it a shot see how it goes. Blade was kinda sucky but it went smoother after belt of hill giant str. And offensive spin obv...
    I will definitely need that belt - 9 Strength is not going to cut it.
    I've just looked at what you having to deal with. Your str worse than mine and i cant think of push up without breaking a sweat... Maybe sorcerer it instead?
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    STR: I entered some random info that sounded right and got a 6. Though I would rate myself a 9, or even a 10, as 3 years ago I carried 50 lbs. on my back during a two week long hike, and I've only gotten stronger since then. I'm basing this off of BG's carry weight system, of course.
    DEX: 13
    CON: 10
    INT: 12
    WIS: 10
    CHA: 11
    Overall? Meh. I'm not going to be winning the adventurer of the year award, but I have no negatives.
  • StrayedMonkeyStrayedMonkey Member Posts: 146
    edited April 2014
    o
    Post edited by StrayedMonkey on
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

hmmm..

STR: 17
    DEX: 17
    CON: 16
    INT: 11/12
    INT: 12
    WIS: 12
    CHA: 14

I've got some options. Not too bad to actually play...88 total

Any suggestions for a run?

Hrm! A Fighter/Thief? Fighter/kit? Thief/kit?
  • illusionillusion Member Posts: 17
    STR: 14
    DEX: 17
    CON:14
    INT:14/16
    WIS:12
    CHA:17

Looks like I've got some options. Guess all that PT does payoff for a nerd like me. I'd guess Thief or Bard...I could probably swing an Archer too.