Skip to content

Anyone else not a fan of +1 stat tomes? Come give some cool roleplaying alternatives!

124»

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I like this idea. Sorcerer/Wild Mage fits well enough with the Planar Sphere - it's an oddity in itself, and not specific to a type of arcane caster.

But Barbarian is very different from the type of fighter you'd normally find in a keep - that doesn't fit at all. A barbarian should find something like a leaderless tribe, maybe they lost their elders after a war and are travelling around to find a new direction. Charname would help them with some stuff and then take over as new leader, and the stronghold would be a nomadic tent settlement in the wilderness.

Blackguard and D'Arnise Keep is equally mismatched. I'd actually prefer the evil cleric stronghold, if not a secret cult of demon worshippers.
    Same for monk, a temple or something would be much better. Though it is a stretch, monks could take the ruins after freeing them from the shadow lord and build a new order (dedicated to sun or moon). Stronghold quests would then be about new recruits and managing the order.
  • egonegon Member Posts: 94
    bob_veng said:

@egon
    You'd be a disasterous game designer or a dungeon master.
    If it were up to you we wouldn't need a computer game, we could just act it all out in our heads.

What, you mean actually *roleplaying*? Yeah, I hate it when a *roleplaying* game actually forces you to roleplay. I bet you complain about FPS games forcing you to aim and shoot the enemy as well...
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited January 2014

But Barbarian is very different from the type of fighter you'd normally find in a keep - that doesn't fit at all.

Nalia's Aunt: "My goodness, these filthy barbarians in my Keep!"
    Charname: "How dare you! I am not a fil... err"

@kidcarnival the reason I put wild mage in a different category was just because I thought it would be cool for their stronghold to be the camp that Neera made
    I haven't played Neera's quest, and only heard something about a Red Wizard enclave in it, so I wasn't sure how much sense it would make. I guess it could at least function as a stronghold for sorcerers though. Wild Mage is technically a mage kit like the schools and it would be a bit much to ask for a different stronghold for enchanters or diviners, too. Sorcerers are legitimately a seperate class, that entitles them more to a seperate stronghold in my opinion.

Sure, clerics with their no-downsides-at-all kits get the best deal with Strongholds, too; one per kit. Some kits would definitely be suited for own strongholds, too. Swashbucklers taking over the pirate business in Brynnlaw, beholder paladins taking the Cult of the Unseeing Eye... But I guess it would be asking too much to give each kit a Stronghold - classes, however, should have one. (And Blackguard, though a kit, it's notably different from the other paladin kits.)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, the thing with sorcerers is that I don't think they would be the best teachers for Cowled Wizard apprentices. The problem is I don't really see any alternative in the game.

For wild mages, Neera makes her own community for them (wont spoil anything)
    Could be the same stronghold - Planar Sphere - but with different quests. It's not so much the location that is a mismatch (like barbarian in a keep), it's just the quests.