Skip to content

Console doesn't seem to work

TheDeceiverTheDeceiver Member Posts: 12
Okay, so I've followed the steps to set up the console, it now opens with Ctrl + Space. However, I can't get a single command to work! For example, I'm trying to create another Solaufein, I enter CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("UDSOLA01") (with no spaces), and nothing happens.

For the record: iTunes version, operating under OS X Mavericks.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited January 2014
    It has been changed to work with C: instead of CLUAConsole: @Illydth @Troodon80 not an issue.
    This means C:CreateCreature("UDSOLA01") will spawn Solaufein.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @CrevsDaak That may be true, but the old form should still work as well (I use it all the time). There may be something else going on here...
    @Tresset well, I thought is was that, maybe a typo (oh god, me and my vanilla typos.... CKUAConsoleMoveToAera("AR05400")... *sigh* I've typoed my life today in vanilla with the console (I've entered that).
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Since you can copy and paste, try copying something like C:CreateItem("SCRL75").

Otherwise, you'll need to tell us if there is any sort of error message when you try to enter the command. Does the command appear to be correct in the text-log box but do nothing? Or does the text-log box give an error?
  • TheDeceiverTheDeceiver Member Posts: 12
    That's really bizarre. I've somehow succeeded in creating Solaufein, but can't get anything more out of the console. Usually the command just appears in the log and does nada, but sometimes (and I can't make out the pattern) it says something about a lua error.
    CrevsDaak
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    An lua error means that you typed something wrong.
    edited January 2014

That's really bizarre. I've somehow succeeded in creating Solaufein, but can't get anything more out of the console. Usually the command just appears in the log and does nada, but sometimes (and I can't make out the pattern) it says something about a lua error.

Tresset said:

An lua error means that you typed something wrong.

:D
    Console never gives detailed info about mistakes, I remember scratching my head for hours thinking WTF it is saying.
  • SmilgeSmilge Member Posts: 104
    edited January 2014
    I normally put a space after "CLUAConsole:" but it appears to work with or without a space for me.

If you're trying to create a creature, you may be creating them in an inaccessible area or in a space you can't currently see. If you get no error of any kind, the command should have fired.
    Smilge said:

If you're trying to create a creature, you may be creating them in an inaccessible area or in a space you can't currently see. If you get no error of any kind, the command should have fired.

Yeah, sometimes you have to enter the C:CreateCreature("XXXX") twice to make it work, both in vanilla and EE.
  • basduinebasduine Member Posts: 3
    So. Question. I enabled the console in the .ini, I can use crtl+space to bring up the console, but when I try to type/paste in a command and hit enter, nothing happens (no effect, no log, no text). Just nothing. It doesn't matter if I try C: or CLUAConsole. I've tried several different commands (explorearea, addgold, createitem) but all of them don't even register. Could someone help?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Moved to Not an Issue