Skip to content

Is it possible to Solo Level 1 the BG Saga?

Comments

• vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    how are you gonna beat that super party that spawns on the final level before demogorgon?
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    The Cards I drew from the Deck of Many Things were: Donjon, Star and Moon. Donjon casts imprisonment, but save at -4 on the user. Star raises the primary stat by 1 (FMT's stat is strangely Intelligence). Moon raises HP by 10. I was anticipating Ruin and I spent my 60k gold in purchasing stuff.

Here are the second and third cards I drew:

This is the characters stats before and after both Deck of Many Things and Machine of the Lum:

As you can see, Charisma remains the same at 18 even though I raised it. Is this bug fixed in BG2EE?
    edited February 2014
    My PC completed the three challenges and unlocked all 3 keys. The following video (warning: flickering!) is the battle with the Green Dragon. Interesting random fact, I was down to 8 gold pieces.

http://youtu.be/l3zr0nL44FA

Man, this battle was vicious. There was absolutely no protection against its Green Dragon Breath. I tried Protection from Acid scrolls, Protection from poison scrolls, fire resistance potions, cold resistance potions, potions of absorption, potions of magic shielding, and his breath went through all of them. His breath attack did on average 50 damage, which instantly KO my PC.

My strategy:

Mirror Image!

Here is the screenshot of his demise.

In my test games, I managed to vanquish ALL final guardians to Demogorgon's lair. I'll post the videos later.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    bbear said:

Here is a question. At Level 5 of Watcher's Keep, at the upper left hand corner there are 4 pillars you have to put color globes in. You only need to put one color globe in each pillar and the rest can be used as quick items. What effects do they bestow?

Some are random I think, just quick save and try them. One of them gave you 22 STR IIRC (either Blue or Purple, can't remember which one nor what the other one did), the Green one could cast Melf's Acid Arrow and the Red one a Fireball IIRC.
    Watcher's Keep Fifth Level: Final Guardians to Demogorgon's Lair

This is it. This is the epic battle with the Final Guardians to Demogorgon's Lair. I always wonder why the game sets three separate challenges. Pursuing on the theme of craziness, I decided to activate ALL THREE groups and solo them at the SAME time. Let the slaughter begin!

Part1 (Preparation)
    http://youtu.be/V29ReeNdEFU

Part2:
    http://youtu.be/wV1fEOFdsiU

Part3
    http://youtu.be/xyNdHieTO_s

I could have done a lot better. I realized at the end of part 2 that I could easily melee Nalmissra. I was avoiding her for the most part because her physical attack life drains would set the max hp to a lower value. In one of my test game, my PC's max hp reduced from 47 to 13 when she was dead.
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288

Vitor said:

How in the hell do you plan to kill Sarevok?

Check out 2:30 and onward. He died in four hits. This could be done at level 1, and would take only a few extra attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2qbtCMuVfA&list=PL801EE3FC05FAA529
    Wow! That was incredible.

I fought Sarevok ahead, and it was the most epic battle I had until now. I tanked him with my LV8 Berserker/Elf (-18 CA for slashing), and this monster stripped my skin. Also, all that fireballs everywere... I had me, Kagain, Coran, Branwen, Viconia and Edwin. Everyone got killed, except me and Edwin.

It was an insane skirmish, and I'd never thought it would be possible to face that challange with a LV1 character. Really impressive.
    edited February 2014
    @bbear I thought you were going to make something like this, I know, it is an insane quantity of traps...
    To protect yourself from a Dragon's breath simply use Spell Shield, in vanilla it makes you immune to them and I think that it is undispellable, still it's duration isn't long at level 1.image
    @CrevsDaak: In my BG2 low level challenge, I did just that. I had Aerie, Edwin and Nalia spam like ten days of skull traps in the room. When the final guardians were summoned, most of them died outright and 2 of them were near-death.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    And you call that a challenge? ;)
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    You are crazy! But i like that! Go get yourself the ring of wizardry from friendly arm in and all important hidden items from secret stashes/locations. Stock up on wands, inventory items and go wreak havoc! Don't forget your potions, especially those that avoid loss of character control!

You are crazy! But i like that! Go get yourself the ring of wizardry from friendly arm in and all important hidden items from secret stashes/locations. Stock up on wands, inventory items and go wreak havoc! Don't forget your potions, especially those that avoid loss of character control!

BG1 is very easy to play without leveling up.
    I'll try to do this lvl1 no-level-up challenge in BG:EE.
    Demogorgon, Prince of Demons

http://youtu.be/Y-xpI-yiudU

@CrevsDaak: You mention that Spell Shield protects against Dragon Breath, does it also protect against Implosion? What other attacks does it protect?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @CrevsDaak Interesting fact.
  • illusionillusion Member Posts: 17
    Coming from an old-time BGer who has dozens of solo runs in both games...kudos. Highly impressive.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    How were you able to get past the no magic zone? I'm learning alot from this!
    edited February 2014
    Illustair said:

How were you able to get past the no magic zone? I'm learning alot from this!

I ran pass all encounters in WK third level except Tahazzar (group with the first scepter gem), the thiefling group and Aesgareth (final demon group). I could have tried fighting all groups, but it just wastes time and resources.

Also, wands are not considered magic, which I have plenty. ;)

Edit: Wands are magic. How do I crossed out the above statement?

Wth really? I didn't know wands are not considered magic in BG. +1
    edited February 2014
    Illustair said:

Wth really? I didn't know wands are not considered magic in BG. +1

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant they are not affected by wild/dead magic zone. They are indeed magic.

No, that's exactly how I understood it. How could have I missed that after all these years.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Good luck and have fun (if you dont then STOP)
    edited February 2014
    Well, I've started a BG:EE lvl1 no lvlup run two days ago (maybe yesterday? IDK when...) and I am right now going to search for Tranzig. I've already killed Drizzt and done some cheesy things :D to get some items.
    aaaand
    I've recorded a video, but I made a mistake and it has no sound :/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVEvcEQ_ujU&
    imageimageimage

some things I forgot to say: I'm playing on Core Rules and I'm summoned a Pseudo Dragon with Nimbul's scroll.
    @CrevsDaak: Excellent challenge. I'll be reading and watching your journey throughout BG1EE. I only played BG1 once so I may not be able to offer much insight in your game.
    @bbear don't worry, I've soloed BG:EE lots of times, I was going to ask a little in how to beat Aec'Letec if you have any tricks for him, the Demon Knight can see the Wand of Frost at max charge capacity so he won't bother me. I also plan on doing BG2:EE, that's going to be a challenge!
  • fighter_mage_thieffighter_mage_thief Member Posts: 262
    edited February 2014
    I'm taking back my maybe.

It's impossible for a FMT to solo the BG series at level 1, because you start at level 3.

That's right, I'm trolling.

p.s. I totally forgot about the familiar. Nice source of extra HP.
    @CrevsDaak: I recommend starting a new thread to post your challenge simply because it would be more organized that way, if you dont mind.

I'm taking back my maybe.

It's impossible for a FMT to solo the BG series at level 1, because you start at level 3.

It's true that a solo FMT has many advantages over a solo single class. But all skills sets are indeed level 1.
    Here is my way of taking out Drizzt and his underlings. I reloaded to let him live though.

http://youtu.be/k4dB34fXbw0