Skip to content

Is it possible to Solo Level 1 the BG Saga?

12346»

Comments

• helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    edited June 2016
    One question to those who think it can be done: how do you deal with The Ravager?

PS. Oh, I saw the video. A clever use of Cloudkill, no doubt.

By the way, which version of the game were you using? the graphics seem very outdated.

Another thing, which spell were you carrying that allowed you to "dismiss" being hit in melee combat? I couldnt see stoneskin among your active spells.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @helmo1977 Vanilla BG2, i.e. non-EE.

Probably Mirror Image, but can you post the video you're talking about.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Anything is possible with enough reloading but I know for a fact I would personally give up way before I even finished the Naskel mines.

Come on a bad roll or two is death against a wolf early game. You are not leveling so you have to use scrolls to get through most unavoidable fights. As far as I know BG merchants don't restock, so you would have to be really picky about what scroll to use where.

People are going on about beating Draconis and Amelyssan and I'm sitting here wondering how in the nine hells you are going to beat big bro Sarevok?
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @SmilingSword ehm mate, I know that you probably came here without reading the whole topic, but he finished the entire saga with a level 1 character, and not only that , he also published all the videos about how he defeated each challenge posed by the encounters. He also beat demogorgon ez pz.

The one against the ravager

Have you tried against Sarevok in bg 1? That fight can be as difficult as those of tob, since there is no place to run due to traps
    helmo1977 said:

Have you tried against Sarevok in bg 1? That fight can be as difficult as those of tob, since there is no place to run due to traps
    @helmo1977 Oh. In that fight there is no spell needed, as he didn't get hit.

helmo1977 said:

@helmo1977 Oh. In that fight there is no spell needed, as he didn't get hit.
    But then what does the ravager hit in minute 3.34 of the video?
    @helmo1977 Dunno but @bbear doesn't seem to be in range, does he?
  • magisenseimagisensei Member Posts: 316
    Interesting...

but why does the PC have 30+ hp if you are a level 1 character - you should only have 9 or so?

@magisensei Familiar, vampiric touch, items, etc.