Skip to content

Phase II: Fine Tuning

Comments

• pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39
    edited January 2014
    Dee said:

If I may ask--what do people most frequently use the magnifying glass button for?

on the old original pc version id use the tab button for the treasures i knew where hidden near by (e.g the gem in a tree outside candlekeep)
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    Even though the lock screen issue has not been mentioned in the fix list it seems to have gone on my Tab 3.

@Dee i usually just use it to see which containers around me are usable though I imagine later in the game when the fights get longer and more tactical I'll be using it to check my enemies health.

Has anyone else noticed an issue introduced by the new flick scroll feature? Basically when you are in a building and zoomed in a bit if you flick past the edge of the map the view will move in that direction and then snap back to the edge of the map. It's not game breaking in the least but it's a bit jarring. I've emailed on testflight.
    diggerb
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57
    Ive never used the magnigying glass ever that I can remember.

Side question @Dee - Do we all get Beta Badges for our articipation in the #android beta?
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    Dee said:

If I may ask--what do people most frequently use the magnifying glass button for?

Highlight stuff so that I don't have to randomly tap the whole screen. And it seems to work well; I need at most two taps to get Abdel to open the correct container.

Is there a place in the demo that has very close containers, so we can test whether a tap would be properly interpreted (as a click on one of the containers and not the other)?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Out2lunch said:

Do we all get Beta Badges for our articipation in the #android beta?

Probably not, due to the number of folks involved. The badge is primarily for our team of NDA-bound testers.
  • Eck4343Eck4343 Member Posts: 38
    Great Success!
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    I'm experiencing an issue on one device (Galaxy Tab 10.1, which works astoundingly well otherwise) where when using pinch scroll, it is often also interpreted as a click in the original position of one of the two fingers. I'm sorry to say this would be a game-breaker for me.
    edited January 2014
    I just completed a successful run with my Galaxy Note 10.1 (not 2014). I tried to break the graphics by rapidly flinging the screen left and right, but it still ran smoothly. Using the S-pen, I lassoed part of the Gorion battle while pressing the pen's button to take a partial screenshot. That obviously slowed things down, but not enough to make it unplayable. As soon as I figure out how to post an image, I'll add that screenshot.

Edit: Here.

Aron740Eck4343Aristillius
  • DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 81
    Nice to see polish version :) Are you planning to include polish (remarkable!) dubbing in the final product?
    I've finished a test on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. It ran smoothly, but there is still a problem with waking up the game from a lockscreen whether another app.
  • SalamandarSalamandar Member Posts: 1
    Wow, been waiting since this was announce when my TF101 was just released new lol, just saw this and signed up for the Beta, but get no download/install link in Testflight app, am I too late and SOL?
  • veryproudmonkeyveryproudmonkey Member Posts: 10
    Dee said:

I use it all the time for finding openable containers. I hate having to click around on objects that look like they should open only to find out they don't.

Dudzio said:

Nice to see polish version :) Are you planning to include polish (remarkable!) dubbing in the final product?

So far only German and English have localized voice-overs. You can read more about our localization efforts here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24495/localization-projects-where-are-we-at
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    It looks like I spoke too soon. If I unlock the device within a few minutes of the lock its ok but if I leave it longer (the kind of time frame that would usually restart an app) then I get stuck on a black screen. The best way to recover from it is to access another app from the swipe down notification area.
  • DMacDMac Member Posts: 2
    Completed, worked very well(Nexus 7 2013). However, when I was watching the end cutscene, my tablet went to sleep due to inactivity.
    We're getting some great feedback; if you haven't already, please use the build notification email to send your feedback to us through TestFlight; that will help us sift through your comments.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    DMac said:

Completed, worked very well(Nexus 7 2013). However, when I was watching the end cutscene, my tablet went to sleep due to inactivity.

@Dee I have a similar problem I had to go into the display and change the time it takes to put display to sleep. I think it would be good to have either prolong the sleep feature on the tablets if that it possible with so many different devices. Otherwise I use the magnifying glass for containers and to see items on the ground that sometimes get hidden in shadows or behind trees and other features of the map. So far it has worked very well for me.
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    Note 10.1 here: Worked well but like the others have noted the magnifying glass cuts-out too soon (it would be nice to have it always on if your finger is still holding the magnifying glass icon).

Also had the immersive mode on the main menu (I guess by default) but when I selected Baldur's Gate to get into the game, it kicked out of the immersive mode and showed the typical menu bar along the bottom... Not sure how to keep that or get back to it???
    So, to shed a little light on the magnifying glass button and why it cuts out when your finger is still on it: at the moment the game registers any extended tap as a "right-click". For the button in the UI, it senses the right-click, sends the message for the right-click, and that's it. So any time you hold that button for longer than a second it will send that signal and cut out.

We're looking at a few different solutions for that button that don't involve disabling the existing right-click function (which works well just about everywhere else); when we have one we're ready to try we'll talk a little more about it.
    fooflamfinn
    etotheo said:

Note 10.1 here: Worked well but like the others have noted the magnifying glass cuts-out too soon (it would be nice to have it always on if your finger is still holding the magnifying glass icon).

Also had the immersive mode on the main menu (I guess by default) but when I selected Baldur's Gate to get into the game, it kicked out of the immersive mode and showed the typical menu bar along the bottom... Not sure how to keep that or get back to it???

@etotheo The "Immersive mode" everyone is talking about. I'm still not sure what that it. When I start up the Beta it gives me a prompt and says 'to enter fullscreen mode, swipe from the top' but all that does is bring down the options for my Nexus 7...the game looks good to me, but I haven't been able to get into the Immersive Mode yet....I'm still not sure what that is.
    mungomunk
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    Dee said:

So, to shed a little light on the magnifying glass button and why it cuts out when your finger is still on it: at the moment the game registers any extended tap as a "right-click". For the button in the UI, it senses the right-click, sends the message for the right-click, and that's it. So any time you hold that button for longer than a second it will send that signal and cut out.

We're looking at a few different solutions for that button that don't involve disabling the existing right-click function (which works well just about everywhere else); when we have one we're ready to try we'll talk a little more about it.

what about just making the button a toggle

fooflamfinn
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61

etotheo said:

@etotheo The "Immersive mode" everyone is talking about. I'm still not sure what that it. When I start up the Beta it gives me a prompt and says 'to enter fullscreen mode, swipe from the top' but all that does is bring down the options for my Nexus 7...the game looks good to me, but I haven't been able to get into the Immersive Mode yet....I'm still not sure what that is.
    @Mythrialus I believe it should remove the menu bar along the bottom of the screen...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    etotheo said:

@Mythrialus I believe it should remove the menu bar along the bottom of the screen...

I've found that opening the settings drawer (the one that pops up from the bottom right, equivalent to pulldown menu for the phones) then closing it with the X button puts me back into the immersive mode.

You know, we Note 10.1 owners don't have hardware back or home buttons, so it might be a controversial issue if the coders always forced the bottom strip to be removed. I'd prefer that they would, but...
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I just sent a reply email noting a few things, on the whole everything seems to be working quite well. I look forward to future tests, and someday the full game!
  • AristeueinAristeuein Member Posts: 11
    Tested on mye TF201, works great, no problems.
  • darkilluziondarkilluzion Member Posts: 1
    Laggy menus on nexus 7 2012 with build #18, wasn't present issue in build #11. Goes away after loading Abdel.
    etotheo said:

etotheo said:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    @etotheo Thanks for the clarification! I haven't had a problem with that on either build so far so I was confused but that makes a lot more sense now. I would want to be able to get rid of those bars too.
  • veryproudmonkeyveryproudmonkey Member Posts: 10
    matthileo said:

Dee said:

what about just making the button a toggle

This makes the most sense to me. Simple solution. Toggle on or off. I don't see any harm in that.

• MatSutaMatSuta Member Posts: 14
    My Testflight App does not have an update listed for a new build. Is there a known reason?
  • conquerwormconquerworm Member Posts: 6
    Correction, the donation screen doesn't scroll very well on the note 10.1 (2014). It's near impossible. I don't know how to report through testflight.
  • atomicsnowmanatomicsnowman Member Posts: 31

Correction, the donation screen doesn't scroll very well on the note 10.1 (2014). It's near impossible. I don't know how to report through testflight.

Just reply to the build email.

This discussion has been closed.