Skip to content

The "30 days of Baldur's Gate"

124»

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    @Bjjorick : Well, Dark Side of the Sword Coast is a good mod for BG1, but it IS helluva hard (as in, the game itself takes a big hammer through the monitor and hits your head with it with a critical roll. And that on normal difficulty!), other than that, I don't know. Maybe just keep it for the XP cap remover at first, or make a thread for mod suggestions :)

I never liked how the Widescreen mod looked on BG1 really. My suggestion would be either to play with a native resolution with two black bars on each side, or to stretch the game. Even on a 16:9 monitor, the game doesn't look bad while stretched.

Finally, if you like speed then go to the BG Config file and run it. You can increase the framerate there. Normal is on 30, you can set it to 60 (what I have) for twice the gaming speed. It's the only issue that I had with Planescape Torment really, and therefore never got into it - The game was too slow for my tastes (and you couldn't change the framerate either I believe!)
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @cheesebelly Even on a 16:9 monitor, the game doesn't look bad while stretched.

true, but when you use a 32 inch lcd monitor, at least let me get 8 x 6 if not 1024 x 768 lol.

and as far as planescape, i liked it except that everytime i cast a spell, it would lag my comp for awhile and i usually play as a mage. There was a work around but it was annoying and causes other issues so i finally gave up on the game. which drove me crazy because i had just go to a point where the story started to make sense and i started to really get into the story but the combat held me back. grrrrr

and will try the framerate speed up, thanks man. for whatever reason, that never occured to me, even though i now remember that you mentioned it earlier in the thread somewhere.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    hey does the npc project work on bg1/totsc alone?