Skip to content

Curse of the Azure Bonds

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    are Boots of speed allowed as part of the "boots" part?
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Nailo stood and put his hands up in a symbol of peace. He was always surprised that his people had the stigma of violence when he had been witness to violence far more often from humans.
    "The Dwarf speaks true. Put down your weapon friend, we are in no danger here."
    Nailo took his eyes from Jin to glance about the room.
    "At least for the moment."
    Really, what we all should be saying is "eeehh? Whas this? I was jus' in the tavern, talkin' ta Myrna"
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited February 2014
    Well if you all don't care I'll wear all my stuff. I have no wish to meet whoever brought us here in my underpants.
    edited February 2014
    Nailo frowns before turning his attention back to the Halfling.

"Take us to this Thungor, we would have answers."
    "Finally awake?" Lulu asks, frowning. "How long were we out for? Last I remember, Nano ( @nonnahswriter ) and I were having a picnic in my garden with some book merchants. This annoying Thayvian kept asking me if I'd seen this strange scroll (and admiring my dress)."

Below them they she hears a loud uproar
    Heindrich said:

"Where am I!? Who are you!!? Explain yourselves immediately!"

She turns to Nona "What is a Kara-Turan doing in Amn?"
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    edited February 2014

"What is a Kara-Turan doing in Amn?"

"Enjoying the sights?" Nona replied with a small smile, "Or at least, perhaps, he was..." She spoke absent-mindedly, running her fingers along the strange tattoo stretched across her arm.
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    OK done
    I thought Kensai>thieves could wear armor after they dual classed, but clearly not. Also I would have preferred the helm of balduran for the saves to the pale green ioun stone, but it'll have to do.

So inventory is Adjana the drinker, cloak of the sewers, pale green ioun stone, belt of stone giant strength, 60 poison throwing daggers, 250 throwing daggers, potion of power, & oil of speed. The 'useless helm' in the back story was the helm of opposite alignment.
    Smoke stood up slowly, checking for injuries. Finding none, he inspects the tattoos, but sees nothing interesting. Looking around, he sees no-one he recognizes. The boy however has struck a nerve. He walks to the child, glaring all the way, leans over until their faces are almost touching, and says 'I'm not stupid'. This settled, he looks again at his companions, but nothing else seems to need clarification, so he leans against a wall and watches to see what will happen next.
    The dwarf equips himself. As he straps his full plate and dons his shield the warriors present can't help but notice how his armor, although a plain dwarven full plate is mounted with small changes from more traditional techniques. When he's over you can barely see his face behind the helmet. No armor chink is exposed for more than a fraction of a second when he moves.

"Go on boy now I am ready to talk to your boss."
  • KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    edited February 2014
    wow. such post. so roleplay. amaze. @booinyoureyes, yes to both of your questions :) . @Nonnahswriter, you succeeded on an intelligence check (I will assume you have proficiency in history or lore or something of the like) to determine if you might be familiar with the symbols. You vaguely remember coming across something similar in a book on the history of the Zhentarim. The central symbol with the "Z" in the middle is definitely a Zhentarim insignia. The significance of the other marks, however, is lost on you.

The halfling boy gapes in awe as the dwarf straps himself into full battle regalia.

"Go on boy now I am ready to talk to your boss," Falagrim growls. The halfling starts.

"Um. Oh yeah. Sure thing sir. Yessir. Breakfast is just bein' served," a distant look of bliss momentarily takes over the boy's face. "Fresh orange scones with raspberry cream, Cormyrian ham and fresh cider," he murmurs. "Mmmmmm. Uh. Yeah, anyhow, Thungor'll be downstairs servin' breakfast. I'll take ya right to 'im."

He grabs the door handle with both hands, and using all of his strength swings it open grandly. Stepping outside, he bellows up the stairs in a voice that seems far to loud for his body.

"Ho! Miri! Tell our lady guests it's time for breakfast!" he yells.

He leads the adventurers down a narrow flight of stairs that Nailo must stoop and cross his arms in front of his chest to pass through. Soon, they emerge in a sunny common room [layout in spoiler tags below]. Two large tables are laid with an impressive feast--fresh fruit, piles of scones, pitchers of cream and cider, thick slabs of ham and a pot of bubbling porridge. A gnomish woman bustles about, setting the table with stoneware plates and wood-handled cutlery. At the bar, perched atop a stool, a smartly dressed gnome with golden hair and whiskers polishes glasses, whistling a merry tune to himself.

"Thungor!" the halfling boy shouts. "They's awake!"

The gnome squints at them.

"Yes, I can see that Fillem," he says. "No need to shout. Why don't you go down to the cellars and see if you can find some candied chestnuts. Can't seem to locate them in the pantry."

"But Thung, I done looked for 'em for an hour yesterday and I still ain't find 'em."

"Hmmm. Well maybe they've been restocked. You can have three if you bring them to me."

Fillem's eyes light up and he bounds down the stairs to the cellar.

Post edited by Kalesra on
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I loved that game. I played all the SSI games back then but azura bonds and champions were my favourite;)
    Nailo grunted and cringed as the shield strapped to his back scraped across the wall of the narrow stairwell and he mumbled under his breath.

"This corridor is barely fit for a skinny elf..."

The half-Orc stretched as he at last entered the more open area of the common room. His mouth watered despite himself at the fine smells wafting from the kitchen. He watched the small gnome carefully, he hardly seemed to look the sort that could manage to kidnap a large group of warriors, but Nailo knew from experience that looks were often deceiving.

Nailo rested his large gauntleted hand on the pomel of his sword as he addressed the gnome.

"How did we come to be here?"

He held up his arm, to show the ornate tattoo.

"Can you explain this?"

The gnome steps down from his stool and waves toward the breakfast table.

"Come, sit down, sit down," he insists. He takes a spot at the table himself in a tall high chair that allows him to reach the bounty in front of him. Dipping a scone into a bowl of raspberry cream, he begins to explain between nibbles.

"Three days ago, a rather shady character dressed all in red showed up at my inn. Paid for the rooms you're staying in for a whole week, in advance. Told me some of his friends would be coming by the following morning, and would need a place to stay."

Thungor stabs a thick piece of ham with his fork and plops it onto his plate before continuing.

"Sure enough, the next day a bunch of fellows in those red cloaks come knocking on my door. They were carrying you lot with them--you were out cold, and you looked in bad shape. Cuts and bruises and all, covered in sweat, with those blue doodads on your arms. It seemed a little fishy to me, so I asked them how they came to end up with a bunch of unconscious adventurers. They claimed they were from some 'peaceful holy order' and they found your group half dead after an ambush and healed you up best they could. Said you might sleep for another couple day while you healed up but they promised you'd be right as rain after. Still seemed a little strange, but you were all alive and seemed more or less alright...well, other than being fast asleep. And...eh...."

Thungor shifts about nervously in his seat, his expression somewhat embarrassed.

"Well, they gave me a fair sum of gold to uh, take care of you 'til you woke up, and I didn't have a good reason to say no. Wasn't sure what to make of it, to be honest, but I didn't have a better explanation than the one they gave me."

He shrugs.

"Anyhow...that's all I really know. I have no idea how those things got on your arm either, cross my heart and my Gond turn me blue! They were there when you got brought in."

Thungor reaches for a pitcher of syrup and dumps it over his third scone so far. He takes a couple of bites, then seems to think of something.

"I know someone who might be able to help you out though. Filani of Tantras. She's a sage, and an old friend of mine. Real smart lady. She might have read something about those doodads on your arm in one of her old books. Lives right down the street, too, and I'm sure she'll give you a discount on her services if you tell her I sent you."
    Smoke donned his equipment, and followed the others into the common room. He initially hugged the wall and tried to appear inconspicuous while he looked the place over, checking for traps, hidden doors, and invisible people, more out of habit than from any feeling of danger. Finally however the table drew him over, so he sat down on Thungor's right and grabbed a sizeable portion of ham, and a pint of mead.

'I am Smoke', he said after finishing a large bite of ham. A large draught of mead helped the next thought to materialise. 'Do I know any of you?'. The last thing I remember was .. our caravan was two days from .. the name escapes me .. were you passengers?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2014
    OOC: Well, I'm going to give a 'little' background for Crevs.
    Born and raised among Wood Elves, Crevs Daak studied the arts of the Arcane and practicioned to fight with bow and sword. His curiosity as a child was inmense for an Elf, he learned fast and with desire of knowing.
    He wasn't even full grown when he heard of Planewalking, that encouraged him to learn thivery to provide himself the artifacts to make himself into a different Plane. At the age of 52 he finished a device that allowed him to "breach" other planes for quick access without a door or portal, he wandered in the Planes a long time and earned the name of Black Hood, because he never took it off. He wandered the planes searching for knowledge, magical treasure and fulfillmentto his curiosity, his desire of learning. The Planes were never safe so he had to use what he knew about sorcery and sword-fighting to open his way among others, the Baatezu heard of him and wanted to reclute him for the Blood Wars, he rejected and fought them back, he won the fight, but he became an enemy of the Devils.
    Time later, in Sigil, one of the Abishais that had escaped from him rcognized Crevs draw him towards Baator, Crevs made his eay out by changing from that Plane to another, the Elf reached the Prime Material Plane, he was going to be hunted by the Baatezu. Back in the Elven city he taught others what he had learned and upon reaching a hundred and twenty years old he went back into adventuring, to see what wonders were hidden in this plane. It didn't pass much time until he met with human adventurers that were proving a good deal to be with, he sold his Plane-travelling device as a gem fo great value and continued with them.
    I guess that after writing his background, Crevs should be Chaotic Neutral, but I don't know if I should change his alignement.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Rising slowly with his arms, Crevs realized that he has been kidnapped, he had a horrible tattoo in his perfect, pale skin, he identified the symbol of the Zhentarim (Crevs has more Lore than Nona so I guess that he xan identify the, too) on it and got up, he could find his long sword and his robe, besides his boots, but there wasn't any clue about his bow and other equipment, he picked up a Bow crafted by Tuigan people and a ring of protection besides potions that were lying on the floor. He was alone in the room, probably the others were in other room or death, we went down the stairs and saw the at the table, he laughed at himself and sat with them.

OOC: it's OK if two people have the same sword (Adjatha the Drinker+2), because I've picked the same as @The_Potty_1 :P maybe I can pick Peridian (Dragon Slayer+2) instead...
    @CrevsDaak
    Adjatha the Drinker is a unique item, but another sword with the same abilities could exist. For example, your character could have read some lore about Adjatha and had a very similar weapon specially enchanted for himself. You can have the same sword and give it a different name, or pick a new one. Up to you.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited February 2014

I assumed that the male and female rooms were separate, so I don't know how Lulu ( @booinyoureyes ) noticed Jin, but I'll pretend that the groups were either close enough to see each other through open doors, or they met in the corridor on the way to the common room.

Jin eyed his surroundings with suspicion...
    A Half-Orc pleading restraint and reasoning? How come nobody else is bothered by a Half-Orc in their midst?

Jin continues to struggle to make sense of what had happened, but the Half-Orc ( @Delvarian ) appeared genuine and he relaxed somewhat. Jin grew up in the city of Phsant afterall, where a large Half-Orc community lived in relative harmony amongst humans, and though he found them generally unpleasant and uncouth, he knew that they can be reasonable and peaceful.

Jin dropped his aggressive stance, but still grasped the Heaven Reliant tightly encase of a surprise attack. He eyed the rest of the company as they busily donned their gear and grabbed their weapons, apparently also as confused as he was. In addition to the Half-Orc, there was a dwarf whose insignia he did not recognise, a Wood Elf, and another man ( @The_Potty_1 ), who had been silent thus far...

He was garbed in a style similar to the warrior sects of Far East, but clearly of Western descent himself. A strange aura seemed to emanate from him that Jin feel uneasy, and he wondered at his background.

The warrior sects of the east jealously guard their secrets... how was this Faerunian accepted into their ranks? Which sect does he serve? Father warned me to be careful around them...

"What is a Kara-Turan doing in Amn?"

Jin turned to see two beautiful maidens, the one who spoke was human, and her companion appeared to have some elven heritage. Jin said nothing.

Mother warned me to be wary of women, especially beautiful ones, for they are the most adept at treachery.

"Enjoying the sights?" the Half-Elven woman replied with a small smile, "Or at least, perhaps, he was..."

As she examined her tattoo, Jin rolled up his own sleeves and gasped as he noticed the same markings on his arm.

What is going on?! What are these markings!?

Jin followed in silence as the group followed the halfling boy to a common room, where a gnome beckoned them to sit.

Jin listened to his tale intently, but not knowing whether to trust the gnome or not, his hand never loosened from the hilt of the Heaven Reliant...
    edited February 2014
    Nailo eyed the gnome suspiciously.

"You did not ask this...Shady character his name by chance?"

He doubted things would be so easy, but the question needed to be asked. It was his guess that their next course of action would be to speak with this witch the gnome had mentioned.

He watched as Smoke ( @The_Potty_1 ) ate, and despite himself soon joined this odd human at the table. Nailo grabbed a biscuit, dunked it in gravy and began to eat.

Nailo watched as the two women entered behind the rest of the party, his eyes settling on Lulu ( @Booinyoureyes ) longer than they should. However he quickly gave his attention back to the meal.
    "You did not ask this...Shady character his name by chance?"

The gnome shrugs.

"He called himself Jerl. But that's a very common name around these parts and there's no telling if it's his real name."
    Her lips pursed. First she and Lulu are horridly harassed by a Thayvian mage, and the next they awake with Zhent symbols on their arms? Thayvians wear red. It could be a coincidence, but Nona had learned well from the wisdom of Mystra that rarely such things were so simple.

"These marks..." Nona spoke up at last. An annoying furrow took over her brow as she stared at the markings on her arm. Then after a quick look around the room, she dropped her voice to a whisper and leaned towards Lulu for support ( @booinyoureyes ).

"I think they're Zhent. The Z, it's a fairly common symbol, but everything else... I'm not sure."

She spoke louder this time, hoping to garner the attention of everyone at the table. "I do not know what the rest of you wish to do, but I'm going to see this Filani. Lulu, will you come with me?" She flashed another shy smile. Always better to avoid traveling alone, especially with friends.
    Nailo stood quickly from his spot at the table as the girl spoke. ( @Nonnahswriter )

"I shall accompany you."
    edited February 2014
    Welp. Good thing Nona has Know Alignment memorized. :D

Nona suppressed a cringe. She may be a half-breed herself, but Nailo was all orcish and stuff. Mystra knows the evils the dark race is capable of... Still, he is not at fault for the blood in his veins, and he did well to talk-down the more nervous members of their troupe. She gave a stiff nod.

"Um. Yes. Very well." Though her eyes slid again to Lulu, a tad too desperate this time.

@Kalesra How do Spell Sequencers work in PnP? I went and adjusted my known-spells accordingly and took Minor Sequencer as one of my level 4s.
    edited February 2014
    [spoiler] OOC @Heindrich your character yelled loudly
    Heindrich said:

with a strong accent of the Unapproachable East.

Lulu does a lot of trade with Kara-Turan merchants. She loves cherry blossoms, which are plants native to the Orient [/spoiler]

In Character:

"Of course Nona, I would love to accompany you" She then looks around and gives a pleasant smile to each of their companions "I think we would all do better as a team. Clearly there is something odd going on, and if we work together I'm sure we can all figure it out. I'm happy our friend here @Delvarian is willing to join us

My name is Lulu, I am a florist, merchant and herbalist healer. I'm not much for fighting, but I have knowledge about healing and nature, and I will gladly help those who are in need. I have an lion companion named Richie, and he is the one more likely to do the brawling if things get dangerous (when he is not grooming his mane). I'm sure you've all met my friend Nona, and I'm sure she will give a proper introduction. We should share our names and abilities, so that we can have a better idea how to work together, seeing that we are all in the same boat and all :)."

She stares at @Delvarian
    "would you like to begin, sir?"

while stealing a quick whisper to Nona ( @Nonnahswriter ) "Don't be afraid, he looks harmless enough to me. Lets see what he has to say"
    I will go with you. I need to stretch my legs and I want to know who I have to thank for this nice trip. It will be a very big and very final thank you...
    Nailo nods to Lulu ( @Booinyoureyes ) and then to Nona ( @Nonnahswriter ).

"My name is Nailo Kundar good ladies. I am a hired sword at present, last out of Athlantika (sp?)."

He looks to the others before looking back to Lulu.

"I pledge my sword to you at this time."
    edited February 2014
    Nona nodded, trying to fight the blush creeping into her cheeks. "Y-Yes... You're right, of course," she whispered back to Lulu ( @booinyoureyes ), before raising her head to Nailo. ( @Delvarian )

"A pleasure, Nailo. Forgive me, my mind's still...hazy, along with my manners, so it would seem." Shrugging her nerves off her shoulders, Nona gave another smile and gazed back at the rest of their companions. "As Lulu said, I am Nona Silfonra, a cleric in service of Mystra, and a bit of a scholar. I think I caught your name as well... Smoke was it? ( @The_Potty1 ) Who are the rest of you?"
    OOC: @Nonnahswriter, as far as I know spell sequencer isn't in AD&D 2nd edition. Just use it as per the spell description in Baldur's Gate.