Skip to content

Baldur`s gate MEME Thread * Spoilers all over the place*

Comments

• TenYaibaTenYaiba Member Posts: 212
    @Tr_ond I totally missed that Meme Appreciation speech... You know what you must do... Quickmeme awaits you making the 400 or so Memes it would take to fully convey a speech in Image Macro Form :D

Here I'll help get you started :D

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Tr_ond said:

That`s right, i Bas`d it.

Awesome!
  • AviiAvii Member Posts: 34
    Everytime I visit this thread I always hurt from laughing so much.
  • blatantninjablatantninja Member Posts: 29

CCarluNN said:

Sigh, I hate to be the Elizabethan English police here, but the correct declension is "thy companions". "Thine" is a reflexive pronoun, as in "The advantage is thine". It can also be used as the possessive as you intend it, but only before a noun that begins with a vowel, as in, "I will smite thine enemies."

Sorry, but one of my makes-me-see-red pet peeves is writers who attempt to invoke the trope of "Ye Olde English" and have no idea about how to use the grammar.

You can't just use any old "thee", "thine", etc. willy-nilly thinking that you can automatically invoke the trope. You need to understand grammar, declensions, and conjugations, and if you don't, then *please* don't make a fool of yourself by trying to use Ye Olde English.

You got lucky with your use of "thou art". The correct conjugation is in fact "I am, thou art, he/she/it is, we are, you are, they are."

"Thou must gather together thy companions....Afore thou mayest venture forth."
    You must hate the Ultima games.
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    Tr_ond said:

Thanks to @reedmilfam for Picture

I knew it, when I saw that pic on that thread I just knew you were going to use it for a meme.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    LOL! I didn't even think of memes when I posted it. I do look at the memes every night, though.
  • RerelRerel Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2012
    You guys should know what i will do after classes on 18th september.

Edit : @Tr_ond We definitely a gif thread naow, and a cat thread i guess also!

Edit2 : I accidentally a word
    Post edited by Rerel on
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    edited September 2012
    Always good with a cat thread. Lolcats crack me up. Unless they fall asleep on my keyboard when i game..
    Post edited by Tr_ond on
  • AtianAtian Member Posts: 32

Rerel said:

Oh my god, the horror. The sheer horror.
    That's so brilliant. Can't stop laughing.
This discussion has been closed.