Skip to content

Oh, sure, that's an invasion...

Wendric tells you that there is zombie invasion going on in his farm, but there are only 20 freaking zombies actually, and it looks like most of the times, that you have to search in the map for the zombies because they are pacifically "zombyifying" themselves (aka they are doing literally nothing).image
So I thought of 'enhancing' this a little more with the console, hence this happened:
a real zombie invasion started, I spawned around 760 zombies, and killed them all, that was worth around 50k XP, which is pretty much for a single class Priest of Lathander.
They easily fell to Turn Undead, I changed my tactic because hitting them with the Stupifier was taking too long and I got hit several times that way.
And finally, some could say that it was a slaughtering, or a massacre, but... They were already dead! And as a Priest of Lathander, my duty is to destroy evil undead, right?

Comments

• NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Great. Now I want to assign DnD classes to the Left 4 Dead peeps.

Bill is obviously a fighter, while Luis seems like he could be a cleric what with his support (Keep happy guys!)

That leaves Zoey as the wizard since Francis is obviously a thief. Zoey would be an awesome wizard.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    "RRRBRBRBRBRBRBBR"
    -Ellis under Haste
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Cool! I have added a hostile necromancer guy to the right corner of the map for the party to fight in my own mini-mod. But this looks awesome! I would like to do that and add 700 zombies to that area but it would drive me nuts using DLTCEP for that. Errm, did you have any serious slowdowns and lags? The game is not supposed to support that many critters. Though I guess zombies only have the most basic script:see enemy-attack nearest enemy.

Now you could have added a few elites like greater ghouls or fell ghasts to the mix while you are at it. :-)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @lunar‌ yeah, I had severe slowdowns, but I spawned the in 'group' of about 100, so it was easy to manage, the problem was that Sanctuary ended and they pursued me through all the map :P
    I added a few ghosts, but killed them before they killed :P me and I didn't screenshot them, I was thinking of adding a Vampire as leader, which would be insane for BG1, but it's worth killing for the XP.
    @Flashburn‌ and @Necomancer‌ probably that will cause more slowdowns, but sounds funny :D
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    It would be cool to add a mod that gives you an adventure with a horde of zombies where if you get hit you turn into a zombie unless someone cures/restores you (like Vampire level-drain ability)

We could make this many zombies, but they could have pretty crappy thac0 so it won't be too annoying.

Also crossbows would be super effective!
    @booinyoureyes I was thinking of making an enhanced zombie invasion, around 200 zombies spawning in groups of 20, pretty easy for the level you are when you tend to come here. Also, I was thinking of adding a vampire as their leader.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    CrevsDaak said:

Wendric tells you that there is zombie invasion going on in his farm, but there are only 20 freaking zombies actually, and it looks like most of the times, that you have to search in the map for the zombies because they are pacifically "zombyifying" themselves (aka they are doing literally nothing).

This is how we roll down in Azeroth.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    CrevsDaak said:

@booinyoureyes I was thinking of making an enhanced zombie invasion, around 200 zombies spawning in groups of 20, pretty easy for the level you are when you tend to come here. Also, I was thinking of adding a vampire as their leader.

Adding a vampire leader is a fun idea, but you need to make sure he only spawns at night. Because well, a vampire under the sun makes people recall some horrible memories. (sparkly glittery emo vampires)

@lunar yeah, of course I'll do that. The game has a time-checker for creatures, so I guess it won't be much complicated to do that. Also I'll increase zombie-spawn rates at night (maybe even a bunch of ghasts/ghouls too), and give a bunch of necromancy spells to the vampire (and a good script).
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Flashburn You, I like you. L4D is my favorite video game of all time, and that's quite the feat...
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I gotta ask, where are all of the bodies coming for all of those zombies? They had to be alive at some point. And there isn't any apparent upheaval in the population that we know about. Just saying that zombies are reanimated corpses. Where are the corpses coming from, other than your bloody swath through the region?
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    lunar said:

Adding a vampire leader is a fun idea, but you need to make sure he only spawns at night. Because well, a vampire under the sun makes people recall some horrible memories. (sparkly glittery emo vampires)

"GUYS OPEN THE DOOR I AM UNDER A TARP AND SIZZLING" came to mind.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470

lunar said:

"GUYS OPEN THE DOOR I AM UNDER A TARP AND SIZZLING" came to mind.
    Is that a buffy the vampire slayer reference?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I like how Wenric just stands there and watches you.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812

Where are the corpses coming from?

They arrived via tour bus with the Valentine brothers. This batch isn't quite as well trained as the last though.
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    Next time spice it up with some ghouls and ghasts.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Next time spice it up with some ghouls and ghasts.

A Wight!