Skip to content

Underdark - MAC USED

JaseaceJaseace Member Posts: 44
Solaufein is waiting for me. After exchanging pleasantries (Drow Style;-), he DOESNT cast a spell that frees Phaere at the spot, along with three Mind Flayers and three Umber Hulks. ??

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    It takes a while for him to finish casting the spell... maybe 20 seconds? I would reload and try again and if it still doesn't work then upload your save file and I will have a look.

Also: Do you use any mods?
  • JaseaceJaseace Member Posts: 44
    Already tried that, a few times after reading forums. Yes I use CreateItem etc, although nowhere near like some I see here..lol. Wouldnt know where to start with all that.
    Got my quick save folder up, but wouldnt know how to put it on here?
    Hmmm
    BALDUR.bmp
    000000001-Quick-Save

• winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Attach a file, just under text field :) You'll have to archivize the files (the whole save folder would be the best) to *.zip or *.rar first.
    TressetCrevsDaak
    I think thats it?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Well, that is an attached file but it does not contain a saved game... you have to zip the entire 000000001-Quick-Save folder.
    CrevsDaak
    If that isnt it, then I dont know how its possible?
    Its a MAC so compressing?
    Restarted that all...not great, but practise makes perfect. Cheers for those that tried to help.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Something stranger that I was looking at while examining your saved game; Malaaq (the genie from the Plane of Air found within Irenicus' Dungeon) and Hayes (from Neera's content) are both located in the Underdark (AR2100).
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited May 2014
    Troodon80 said:

Something stranger that I was looking at while examining your saved game; Malaaq (the genie from the Plane of Air found within Irenicus' Dungeon) and Hayes (from Neera's content) are both located in the Underdark (AR2100).

It's THE CURSE OF THE BEGGAR!!!

Do they have any type of spawn info?
    What happens when you talk to them?
    ... Or it's the Curse of the Beggar? (Rabdom creature spawn bug).
    winters
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @CrevsDaak, I'm not sure if it's a random creature spawn bug or whether the NPC was moved for some reason due to some code hiccup. I'll need to remember this topic for future reference (and keep the saved game safe).
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Troodon80‌ from what I know Malaaq's script is to appear once in a particular spot once his flask is clicked, but I don't know about Hayes.
    I would assume that it's SpCrSp (spontaneous creature spawn, anyway I should get a new name for this) for Malaaq, I'll see if I have time to look at te saved game later.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi
    This is a dupe, fortunately enough left in the original discussion to zap the offending variable.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/458552#Comment_458552

@Jaseace‌ try this one.
    Troodon80CrevsDaakelminster
    Ive moved on since this post, but still having lots of problems. I have multiple items in my inventory that i cant get rid of. My main character is filled with no room for anything else (rather annoying!). Ive just managed to kill Draconis, but cant kill Algarath (The easier one?!). In the Dwarf Castle, I kill all the shadows, the shadow dragon but cant kill the mage (cant remember his name) its shows as nearly dead for an age and then time runs out and all my party die, Im sure its all part of the same bug??

Tried both lairs a few times now and getting nowhere fast. Didnt realise and cant remember their ever being this many problems when i played this the first time round all those years ago.

Regards

Jase
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Going to move this as it covers various issues that are logged elsewhere.