Skip to content

Anomen quest

Arkane1982Arkane1982 Member Posts: 8
edited May 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I'm playing with Anomen on BG II EE... Terl keeps approaching me but never initiates any dialog. I've seen a few threads regarding this, but never found anything solid as far as a fix was concerned.

Can someone help me out?
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Arkane1982, could you please upload a saved game? Find the /save/ directory, then inside that folder locate a save game folder, example: 0000000008-MyGame, and compress that folder as either Zip or RAR. Use the 'Attach a file' option under the comment box to attach your saved game.

Also, what operating system are you using (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, MacOSX, iOS), and are you using any mods?
  • Arkane1982Arkane1982 Member Posts: 8
    No mods that I"m aware of. Using Windows 7 Home Premium - 64bit OS. I can't seem to locate the saved game file... can you send me a path on where this can be located on my C:\ ?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    It is located in your documents folder.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Tresset said:

It is located in your documents folder.

Documents/Baldur's Gate II Enhaced Edition/save.
    It's the whole 00000000 folder (the one with this issue of course), rar/zip it and upload it with the attach a file option under the comment box.
  • Arkane1982Arkane1982 Member Posts: 8
    Found it!

Well... let me know what you guys find out. Anomen appears to be totally jacked. Like every time I even try to go to a different area and back to have Terl come back in and re-initiate dialog.... I try resting, and Anomen keeps trying to want to talk to me... I don't know... just looks off.

Thanks for the assistance guys!
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @Arkane1982‌ I'm sure someone could sort Terl out but it might be part of a wider issue (7190, loss of local variables on NPC death). Has Anomen died at some stage and do you have a save just prior to that point that variables could be copied from.
    Cheers
    Currently filtering through the scripts trying to find out which variables do what. Will report back tomorrow with more information, sorry for the delay. :-)
    @Arkane1982, I've tried multiple times with the attached saved game and I cannot find Terl anywhere. Were you having this issue in a particular area, i.e. not the Bridge District?

I have also tried resting and Anomen does not attempt to talk to the player character. I have tried looking through all the scripts and dialogue entries and they appear to be intact for Anomen.

@Gate70, have you tried looking at this saved game?
    I've tried it now. No sign of Terl but Anomen does issue a throwaway line after each rest. Heading to the temple district sees Sir Ryan Trawl turn up and Anomen can be knighted so whatever variables have been lost don't seem too problematic. Not perfect but not stopping any progress as Terl is before that point.

If Arkane is experiencing more symptoms such as Sir Ryan Trawl not appearing I could upload a save at that stage, or after he is knighted.
    @Gate70, I'm not getting the line after sleeping. I'm also not getting approached by Sir Ryan Trawl when entering the Temple District...
    @Troodon80‌ I tried with the patched retail version (multiplayer). Does the same in single player, but I forgot to mention I'd nipped over to Watchers Keep for easy resting and back, Sir Ryan Trawl turns up after that.
    edited May 2014
    Also working with a clean updated retail version. Tried resting a few times in Athkatla but didn't get the same behaviour. Travelled to Watcher's Keep and got the same outcome as you. Okay. So now perhaps I find out what's wrong.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    @Gate70, this is the block:

IF InParty(Myself) PartyRested() AreaType(OUTDOOR) !AreaType(CITY) See(Player1) !StateCheck(Player1,STATE_SLEEPING) CombatCounter(0) Global("BAnomen4","LOCALS",0) THEN RESPONSE #100 Interact(Player1) END I'll do some more digging in a short while, if you get there before me on the cause between this and the dialogue file feel free to post.

In the meantime, C:SetGlobal("BAnomen4","LOCALS",1) should fix the issue for now.
    Global TalkedCor is 1.
    Local BAnomen4 is 0.
    They should either both be 0, or both be 1.
    Anomen has no local variables, I am certain he has died and experienced the lost locals bug.
    Gate70 said:

Anomen has no local variables, I am certain he has died and experienced the lost locals bug.

@Gate70, uh... you are looking at the 'terl bug' saved game, right?

Duh. So much for my quick glance.

Is there a way to tell if he has died.
    @Gate70, not without @Arkane1982 telling us. My guess would probably be 'no,' but there's no way of knowing.