Skip to content

No saves created in BG2 EE

ValVal Member Posts: 20
I am slowly getting pissed off.. I have the BG 2 EE Steam version (the only mod installed is the Xan romance) but I can not save the game. Be it quicksave or a "solid" save, they disappear, they are not in the "my documents" stuff and do not appear on the load game screen ingame.

Any solutions?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Is it saving to somewhere like the location mentioned at http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/25842/save-games-folder-location

/Users/username/Library/Containers/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/Data/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/save

Not that it will help with them not showing in-game unless you can repoint somehow.
    CrevsDaak
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    What operating system is being used to run the game?
    CrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    it might be because the alias is broken. Do what Gate70 said and make an alias and drop it in your documents folder, or open the launcher, have your mods uninstalled and your saved games rendered incompatible and it will be created by default.
  • ValVal Member Posts: 20
    Thank you for the replies.

The game is running on windows 7 64-bit.

An alias? I am not that well-versed in PCs..what is an alias how can I make it? Also, I would really like to play it with the mods installed, is there really nothing that can be done?

I found the place where is stores the saves..user-> Val->own documents->Baldur's Gate enhanced edition 2..don't know if that can help
    @Val, what CrevsDaak is talking about is renaming the folder within the Documents folder. In then Documents folder, right click on the folder called 'Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition'. Add ' - Backup', so that the folder is then called 'Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition - Backup'. This is done so that you can keep the folder intact in case you need something like the Baldur.ini or have taken screenshots or exported characters.

If that doesn't work, there are a few other options we can examine.
    So you mean just renaming the folder to backup will work and solve the problems?
    @Val, it's not a guarantee, but it's a possible solution. Like I said, if it doesn't work we walk through some other solutions.
    I renamed it the way you suggested. It did not work at all.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I suppose you could try to reinstall the game and see if it saves properly when you do so.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    What is the install directory, are you running it under the userid it was installed with, or via administrator privileges. Have you tried saving to a unique name and searching for that. Trying to narrow it down a bit.