Skip to content

The Most Powerful Paladin Class v.2

124»

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I love being a Cavalier. You never succumb to fear so you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    Blackguard is the coolest Paladin class which makes it the most powerful. That's how it works.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2020
    But the thing about being a blackguard is you're not really a paladin at all. You might tell yourself you're a paladin but you are really just a very naughty boy.
    Post edited by Permidion_Stark on
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Cavalier seems like the most prototypical paladin. The drawback of not being able to use bows/crossbows/darts/slings is totally mitigated by being able to hurl Azuredge. That's just gravy!
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I love being a Cavalier. You never succumb to fear so you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs.

Don't forget that innate Remove Fear. You can easily rally your comrades as well!
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    I never play evil so I don't have an informed opinion on the Blackguard, but among the true class and the other kits I think that the Inquisitor is the best, power wise.

The reason is that being immune to fear is really useful, but actually all my party members go to the battle protected from fear if there is the risk that fear kicks in, unless I feel particularly lazy and send them kamikaze mode against some dragon without protecting them properly.

In the past I found the Undead Hunter really useful as I hate to have my toons level drained, but I learned how to deal with vampires a long time ago and now they don't scare me any more.

Being able to drop a super fast True Sight or a super fast Dispel Magic that works at the double of the level for me is way superior, power wise.
  • BlackbɨrdBlackbɨrd Member Posts: 293
    But the thing about being a blackguard is you're not really a paladin at all. You might tell yourself you're a paladin but you are really just a very naughty boy.

Well as Blackguard is listed under the Paladin class, it's a Paladin until it's not listed as a Paladin. :)
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    If the meaning of paladin is something like "someone that embodies good, and must therefore be pure of heart and never stray from the path of righteousness" a blackguard surely is not so, but if the meaning is something like "a leading champion of a cause" why not, of an evil cause of course but still a cause.

I am not a native English speaker, but I found both the definitions of paladin online.
    And personally I preferred how the Tactics mod introduced in the old times the anti paladin class then the EE way of introducing the blackguard, a paladin kit.

It is true that as it is a paladin kit it is a paladin, but RP wise i don't find it a really good implementation of the evil equivalent and opposite of what the vast majority of people perceives what a paladin should be.