Skip to content

What is your favorite early Candlekeep Quest?

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
Sup fools!

Restarting the game for my playthrough journal (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32176/adventurers-incorporated-the-story-or-shandyr-hero-for-hire#latest)

Doing the first quests is sometimes pretty fun and nostalgic. Wondering what everyone's favorites were.
  1. What is your favorite early Candlekeep Quest?89 votes
    1. The Sword in the Cupboard: Retrieving Hull's
        6.74%
    2. The classic whodunnit myster of Who Poisoned Nessa the Cow?
        6.74%
    3. Bolts of Glory: Fuller's Tale. Must be a people person, and are rewarded with the game's first magical weapon!
        8.99%
    4. Quest for the Ancient Scroll: Retrieving Firebead's lost identify spell from the Dark Lord Tethtoril
        4.49%
    5. The Battle of Reevor's Storehouse: saving Candlekeep by repelling the endless horde of vermin
      21.35%
    6. Raiders of the Lost Haystack: Retrieving Phlydia's missing tome about the History of Halruaa
      13.48%
    7. Assassinations: Defeat the cutthroats Shank and Carbos
      25.84%
    8. Training of a Champion: learning from Jondalar and the Gatewarden
        2.25%
    9. Just show me the results
      10.11%

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I always have 18 charisma, kinda because of this :P
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    Voted for Hull's sword, cus I thought it wouldn't get much love. Sure, it's annoying, but it's a neat little touch that if you have 18 cha you realize the reason he'd be such a jerk otherwise is he gets reamed by his supervisor.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    edited May 2014
    TheElf said:

Voted for Hull's sword, cus I thought it wouldn't get much love. Sure, it's annoying, but it's a neat little touch that if you have 18 cha you realize the reason he'd be such a jerk otherwise is he gets reamed by his supervisor.

I almost always start off with 18 charisma just for this reason. I can't stand the sight of a sweet, innocent-looking paladin with 17 char getting berated by this jerk.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    For me it was between this and retrieving Firebead's scroll.
    I always found Hull and Firebead very amusing when I was a youngster. I liked Hull's dopiness and Firebead seemed like a charmingly funny old guy with his "so hard to find, decent folk nowadays"
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    I chose this one because I liked the title. I find all of them kind of boring
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Who DID poison Nessa?

A mystery for the ages.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    CrevsDaak said:

Because in my game they are level 5 Assassins by-the-book with SCS scripts, so they have two uses of Poison Weapon, 30 hit points, 17 THAC0... They might have different potions and they do drink them, too...

... Seems to me the only thing worth doing for the Lord of Chaos.

What are you running to get them to be level 5? Shank and Carbos use poison weapon in my installation of SCS but they still die in one hit.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited June 2014
    I love testing my new characters or weapons or spells on those two. Plus you get some small loot you can sell.

I was doing a test drive for my 95 point Dragon Disciple with 18 STR. (The Dragon Disciple PrC in 3.5E gives you +8 STR at some point so I RP it as she's being strong because of it)

*Buys Throwing Daggers. Goes to Shank. Throws dagger. Critical for 12 damage* "...Yup, she's a keeper."
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I love the 1xp you get for slaying the little beasties. It sure makes it all worthwhile. I'm always tempted to kill those lazy cats though...
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Twani said:

Who DID poison Nessa?

A mystery for the ages.

Jessup.