Skip to content

The most logical starting character

1235»

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Dragonspear What's not to say that Candlekeep doesn't have texts by Master Penpahg D'Ahn also?
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @LadyRhian I never felt that a monk didn't belong in candlekeep. If they don't have the texts of Penpahg D'Ahn who's to say they don't have texts from other grandmaster monks?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    That's true. Grandmaster of Flowers, to use the 1e term. ;)
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    Since I no longer have the discs, I bought the original game a few days ago. Playing now as a bard, just because I don't remember ever doing so. Not bad so far. Like any other class he wasn't much for the first level or two, but he is coming along nicely. With Imoen, Kivan, Branwen, Minsc and Dynaheir I got Bassilus and a couple of vampiric wolves this evening. Up to level 4 now.

Some things you never forget. I haven't played BG1 in probably 7-8 years and I knew what all the icons are for, how to save and rest, and even recognize nearly all of the spells. Back in the saddle again.
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292

Bards and thieves are big question marks I guess, since there isn't a lot to steal or to sing for in Candlekeep. Unless the PC Bhaalspawn really wants to enter the quartet of prophecy singing dudes XD

He could be a stand up comic, it counts as performance art...

"Why just yesterday, Winthrop tried to charge me 5000 gp for a room on the premise that it was as clean as an elven arse... How does he know this? He likes elf butts and he can not lie. you other brothers can't deny. When an elf walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round think in his face he gets spring.

He also claims he's never had rats, no siree. You know why? That's not chicken you're eating.

Thank you, Thank you. I'm here all week. Try the fish, just stay away from the chicken!"

I really wanna try bard out again as a blade before EE launches. I sorta wanna do a family/redemption based party using viconia the entire time.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited August 2012
    I think the most logical starting character would be a Paladin. You have excellent CHA, which greatly affects prices as well as provides a nice bonus to reputation. You also typically use a shield with a Paladin, which as your party leader it is very important to have the maximum AC possible when walking into a room full of Kobold archers.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    All the Paladins I know prefer 2 handed weapons over a shield....seeing as how the Holy Avengers aren't single handed weapons :D

All the Paladins I know prefer 2 handed weapons over a shield....seeing as how the Holy Avengers aren't single handed weapons :D

Baldur's Gate is actually unique in that regard. IWD and IWD2 both have longswords for their holy avengers as does NWN. Also you forget that Throne of Bhaal added The Purifier which is a holy avenger bastard sword. In general though MOST of the time I read about paladin weapons being single weapons with shields. Which sucks because I really like 2hers on my paladins. Best defense is a good offense (aka if they're dead they can't hurt you).

In our Pen and Paper games Avengers were always 2 handed. I suppose for video games they had to make allowances.
    LadyRhian said:

@Dragonspear What's not to say that Candlekeep doesn't have texts by Master Penpahg D'Ahn also?

Darn you ...now I want to reread the Cleric Quintet :P