Skip to content

Blocky screen

pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
Hello all. I'm having issues since updating my PC to Windows 8.1 - opening BG2EE give me a really blocky screen. You can just about see the buttons, and they seem to work, so it looks to be a graphics issue. Any ideas?

Sorry, I'm sure this has been done ad infinitum, but I couldn't find anything by searching or in the FAQ. Thanks!

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Hmm. You say this only happened after you updated your computer? That is odd. Did you try updating your graphics card drivers? That usually fixes graphics issues like this.
  • pixie359pixie359 Member Posts: 251
    Yeah, my old Vista install died, so I did a full install, updating it to 8.1. I've checked that drivers are up to date.

Maybe @dee or someone can help?
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    What graphic card and driver are you using?
    ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, driver version 8.97.10.6.

This card (and I think driver) worked fine under the previous 7 install. Any ideas very much appreciated!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Check to see if there's a new graphics driver for your card specific to Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, and that should fix the problem.
  • AendaeronBluescaleAendaeronBluescale Member Posts: 335
    edited June 2014
    pixie359 said:

ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, driver version 8.97.10.6.

This card (and I think driver) worked fine under the previous 7 install. Any ideas very much appreciated!

Dee said:

Check to see if there's a new graphics driver for your card specific to Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, and that should fix the problem.

Try this driver: Legacy 13.1 for Vista and newer - x64 - 8.97.100.7 - 2013-01-21
    Thanks, but I tried that last night, and again just now. I got the following screen :(
    And the game still doesn't work.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Try following the directions in this post and see if it works.
    WHY CAN'T I GIVE @hook71 LIKES, INSIGHTFULLS AND AGREES ALL AT ONCE?!?!?!
    Which means, by the way, that something very like those instructions worked, and now I can at least see the menu pages. Huge thanks to everyone who tried to help - @hook71, @AendaeronBluescale, @‌tresset and @Troodon80 in another thread. If you ever see a purple faced cat in real life, make sure it buys you a drink.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Going to move to "Not an issue" as was driver related rather than game issue.