Skip to content

I hate that you don't have Imoen for the entire chapter 2/3

Someone should make a mod where Yoshimo gets kidnapped instead of Imoen, seriously.

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    Yeah I'd buy that!

I usually rescue lil sis as fast as I can, so she can build up experience with the rest of us when we return home.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Umm... Yeah, sure. You do that.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Lol! I love it! If there can be a mod to keep Yoshimo from dying and make him a romance, then this should definitely be a mod!
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    XD haha I'd probably play that. Though Imoen not getting kidnapped would have major effects on the plot. Also really what incentive would we have to race to the rescue? With Immy its the whole 'lil sis best friend thing, why would we rush to rescue random stranger we just met in a dungeon where we were tortured? Still I'd probably play it XD
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    You all don't understand.

Kidnapping Imoen is bad but if Boo is kidnapped it's the end of the world. In this case, Irenicus won't retreat in that Spellhold fight, that's for sure.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Yoshimo and hate losing him like you do. But at the time the kidnapping happens it would make no sense plotwise.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Tresset said:

Lol! I love it! If there can be a mod to keep Yoshimo from dying and make him a romance, then this should definitely be a mod!

I had edited the dialog file for the priestess at the temple of Ilmater in Waukeen's Promende (wilmat.cre) so that after you return from Spellhold she gives you the option of resurrecting him and he can rejoin the party to dish out some ice-cold revenge. I need to recreate that option--I haven't done any real work with BG2EE as of yet.
    Yes, technically Imoen is supposed to rejoin as your thief at this point but I don't like Imoen and I don't want Imoen. If I could mod the game enough so the she just rots in Spellhold I would be fine with that, presuming I don't allow for the possibility of letting Irenicus kill her in his latest round of experiments.

As far as making him a romance....well, I don't see any value in romances in a video game whatsoever--if I want romance I will go kiss my wife. My wife, on the other hand, thinks that romance mods can add depth of character to a game and makes for a more complete experience.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Love it. But a plot, is a plot, is a plot...
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    I find it a letdown to rush to rescue Imoen. She has nothing to say about the chapter 2 quests anyway.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    yes it is annoying nothing more to say -_-
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    You can rush the rescue if you want. I think it's a good plot, so I wouldn't want to see it changed.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    enqenq said:

I find it a letdown to rush to rescue Imoen. She has nothing to say about the chapter 2 quests anyway.

That's a good thing!
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Meh, I'd rather like to see a mod that restores Imoen's untimely (and permanent) death in SoA, like originally intented by Black Isle. But maybe that's just me.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

Meh, I'd rather like to see a mod that restores Imoen's untimely (and permanent) death in SoA, like originally intented by Black Isle. But maybe that's just me.

It's not just you.
  • knight1337knight1337 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2014

Don't get me wrong, I love Yoshimo and hate losing him like you do. But at the time the kidnapping happens it would make no sense plotwise.

Didn't you know that Yoshimo is the third son of Bhaal and Irenicus wants his powers to become a God-like Ninja Kensai-Mage

Tresset said:

I had edited the dialog file for the priestess at the temple of Ilmater in Waukeen's Promende (wilmat.cre) so that after you return from Spellhold she gives you the option of resurrecting him and he can rejoin the party to dish out some ice-cold revenge. I need to recreate that option--I haven't done any real work with BG2EE as of yet.
    Yes, technically Imoen is supposed to rejoin as your thief at this point but I don't like Imoen and I don't want Imoen. If I could mod the game enough so the she just rots in Spellhold I would be fine with that, presuming I don't allow for the possibility of letting Irenicus kill her in his latest round of experiments.

As far as making him a romance....well, I don't see any value in romances in a video game whatsoever--if I want romance I will go kiss my wife. My wife, on the other hand, thinks that romance mods can add depth of character to a game and makes for a more complete experience.
    I will love you forever for this (in a purely platonic way) please make it!!!!!!!