Skip to content

The tale of a Drow (no-reload complete)

GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
It is a dark time for the forum, the recent inactivity has caused fear and lack of no-reload playthroughs to read. In a world where @bengoshi‌ 's hero, Yahiko, is still nowhere to be found and @Blackraven‌ hasn't been illuminating us with one of his run for weeks ...

Some forumites started to lose hope, the prophecy of the return of summer and the World Cup at the same time is fulfilled once again.

But someone will try to stand up once again against this monster of a challenge that is SCS no-reload, he already failed in the past, but he is still going to give everything he has.

It will be hard, many rough fights await, but he is going to play his favorite game with passion and in difficulty lies joy and fun.

Rules and mods:

-Solo
-No-Reload
-Insane difficulty at all times
-Completionist
-Start with 1 reputation and can't earn reputation through donating
-SCS (full prebuff for casters)
-Item Randomiser
-BG2 Tweaks
-aTweaks
-Rogue Rebalancing
-IWDification
-BG1 casting sounds
-Dark Horizons (Blind)
-T'was a slow boat from Kara Tur (Blind)

To face this difficult challenge, I present you Yami, a 108 roll Neutral-Good Drow Berserker/Wild Mage/Shadowdancer because why not ! Let's see if a character this powerful can be enough to overcome the challenge.

Living as a Drow in the realms is far from easy. Even when you are raised by a powerful and respected Mage in a small closed library. The folks here started to trust Yami and to consider him as a good fellow. He was truely kind-hearted, something that wasn't common with the others members of his race. He learned the art of magic with his foster father, Gorion had a lot of hopes for him even if sometimes his innate power was bursting, he practiced his swordmanship with the watchers and played a lot with Imoen during his youth. He was kind of a jack-of-all-trades and had a strong inner will.

He is specialized (** pips) in Dagger and Scimitar. Being a Berserker, he can't assign more than 1 pip in a ranged weapon, so he is actually throwing daggers. He started his mage career with Sleep and Find Familiar memorized and his Thief career with 30 points in Open Lock.

In Candlekeep, Yami did all his chores and picked some chests, most notably those in the Inn. He looted a very beautiful sapphire which was worth 1.000 gold. He also encountered some bounty hunters, Shank and Carbos weren't threats. After speaking with them, Yami simply threw a dagger, which was fatal. However, he also met another guy in the basement ...

After a Sleep spell.

Maybe he was the source of the rat infiltration in the fortress. Anyway, Gorion was right, this place was becoming too dangerous and Yami decided to join his foster father and to flee Candlekeep. He spoke with Imoen before, she wanted to travel with him but knew Gorion wouldn't permit it.

Gorion told him that they were going to travel this night if they could. The shadows would help them to escape, unobserved.

This was but a terrible mistake.

After 4 hours of walking, they were ambushed by a group of bandits. They wanted Yami at all cost, but Gorion refused. After he yelled to flee, Gorion started to cast some powerful spells and dispatched most of them. But in the end, the armored figure slayed him. Hidden in a tree, Yami saw all the scene and he was destroyed. The man who raised him, gave him education and a chance to live in this ruthless world was taken away from him. A part of him died at the same time Gorion felled to the ground. He didn't even know why they were after him and why Gorion had to pay the cost of his ignorance ...
Post edited by Gotural on

Comments

• GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Yes, I'm fixing myself the skill points and the traps manually with EE:Keeper, but I don't know how to fix the backstab progression. It would be very nice if you could do it. i would prefer the BG2 version of the backstab table. Thanks in advance !
    It worked perfectly fine ! Thank you so much.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • abazigal5abazigal5 Member Posts: 290
    108. That's very impressive. The highest I've ever gotten is 94.
    The run itself is very impressive, too.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    This is such a cool run! I immediately bookmarked it when I saw it. I love your class and you're doing so well! I love what you did with the 108 roll, as opposed to the normal "18 all stats" type of 108 roll.

Do you have any way of getting elven chainmail? I'm just curious since the only way to get it normally is via Dorn's quest. Even if it weakens your thief skills, it would probably be a very handy thing to have. Although now that I think about it, an archmage's robe would probably be a better choice overall. Same AC and no thief skill reduction...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Sergio I have already did the Cloakwood mines and it didn't happen. I got ambushed by two groups of npcs but I wasn't teleported in a new area. I'm now heading for Baldur's gate.
    edited July 2014
    @Sergio‌ It is even even more interesting and stressful in this case my friend, because now I know I'm going to get teleported in a new area with a lot of powerful foes, but I don't know where :D
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @Sergio‌ That seems complicated. Also, @Gotural‌ , do you have an xp uncapper? As in, will we see Yami get more than 161k xp in BG1? It might be a bit overkill for BG1, but with all the mods you have, it certainly couldn't hurt.
    @Elrandir‌ I have the xp uncapper from BG2 Tweaks for this run, as it is recommanded to use it with Dark Horizons. Yami is sitting at 415.000 xp after he killed Davaeorn, I'll update the thread soon.

Concerning this mysterious encounter, I think that as long they can't see invisibility passively (like Liches for example), they can't really harm me.
    Sergio said:

I wouldn't bet it, but if he used an xp uncapper, I'm pretty sure he could reach level 16 with Dark horizons installed.

Woaw that much ? And considering Yami is a triple classed character or not ?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Sergio said:

I wouldn't bet it, but if he used an xp uncapper, I'm pretty sure he could reach level 16 with Dark horizons installed.

I think that more, I reached Thief Level 16 in BG:EE, no mods (other than the XP cap remover).
    There is about 1.2M xp in BG1 if you do everything. Thief level 16 is 1.3M but Fighter 16 is 2M xp so quite a huge difference (2.2M for mages and 2.4M for Paladins/Rangers).

I hope I won't reach Mage level 12, because that would means level 6 spells which would really unbalance the game. As long as I don't reach this, it's simply a few more HP and THAC0 each time I level up which I'm fine with.
    edited July 2014
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on