Skip to content

Portraits for BG from Pillars of Eternity

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
In the latest Pillars of Eternity update we finally got a character portrait in a good resolution. It looks gorgeous!

So, no doubt about it: when Pillars of Eternity are out, portraits from that game will more than suit BG.

By the way, the name of this portrait is "pe_portrait_female_human_580" which leads me to dream that we'll have MANY portraits in Pillars of Eternity for PCs and NPCs.

Comments

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Well, hullo there. I hope eternity has romances;)
    TJ_Hooker said:

Sorry to dash your hopes, but I don't think the 580 is any indication of the number of portraits. I believe it's just a reference to the image size; that image is 580x911 pixels.

Edit: assuming that the number 580 is what you were focusing on when you mentioned mentioned many portraits

I think he talking about it
    1. Being a generic portrait, "human_female" instead of a character name, and
    2. The fact the if it's called human female it's not unreasonable to assume that each race will have a male and female portrait.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @meagloth‌ It's been confirmed that there will be no romances in Pillars of Eternity.

@TJ_Hooker‌ Thanks for that. No matter, the portrait is so good that even if there're few, they will more than make my day.
    bengoshi said:

@meagloth‌ It's been confirmed that there will be no romances in Pillars of Eternity.

Hmm... Is that good or bad....
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I'm so stoked for this game.

At least a lack of romances will be different than what bioware's doing today. I think DA2: Electric Boogaloo had far too many, and none that were very interesting. They really didn't amount to much more than give gifts until sex pops out.
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    I like most picture of that blond guy with straw in his mouth. That luscious look in his eyes makes me shiver. Hur hur...:-))
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    bengoshi said:

@TJ_Hooker‌ Thanks for that. No matter, the portrait is so good that even if there're few, they will more than make my day.

Well that just totally killed @meagloth‌'s chances right there... ;)

CaloNord said:

bengoshi said:

Well that just totally killed @meagloth‌'s chances right there... ;)

Hrmph. I'll swap it output for arie.
    I'd romance Jaheria but then she does the whole "Yesssss oh omnipresent authority figure?" and I'm like... no... Just... no...
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    What really saddens me about this upcoming game is that there will be no portraits for bearded dwarven lasses... dwarves without beards ain't no dwarves at all. :'(
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    @Effiny oh yeah, you got a love a guy with cheeky blue eyes!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Looks pretty cool
    Really wish I'd gotten in on the kickstart. I umm'd and ahhh'd about it because kickstart is always a bit of a risk. Especially if the game turned out to be crap. However it's looking pretty bloody solid now. Original in house IP to which we always like to see :)
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307

At least a lack of romances will be different than what bioware's doing today. I think DA2: Electric Boogaloo had far too many, and none that were very interesting. They really didn't amount to much more than give gifts until sex pops out.

Sounds pretty much like most of *my* romances...
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

Wait wait wait... wait. Are you saying Hentai Date Sims LIED TO ME?!

Incidently, this DOES explain why women get offended when I throw teddybears at them.
    Wait til you throw the dog bone at them... my mistake... that musn't be for Morrigan...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Now when the Back Beta for Pillars of Eternity is available on Windows PC via Steam for all Kickstarter backers of $110.00 USD or above, I would like those who are beta-testers to post here portraits so that we all can enjoy them!
    So keen for this! Pre-ordered a few weeks ago. Been rocking slowly back and forth counting down the days. . .
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Beautiful! Thanks a lot for posting it here. Love Pillars already, I don't play beta (I want to avoid spoilers), but I love it.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    bengoshi said:

No romance :O that no fun, I don't like it at all.
    kaguana said:

bengoshi said:

I think there will always be two points of view onto this subject. As far as I know, they were afraid of getting bad reaction, e.g. "Why is gay romance there?" or "Why isn't no gay romance there?" I think about Hexxat and the reception of her romance ...

I hope that as a compensation they will make many difficult and interesting quests:)
    bengoshi said:

kaguana said:

bengoshi said:

I think there will always be two points of view onto this subject. As far as I know, they were afraid of getting bad reaction, e.g. "Why is gay romance there?" or "Why isn't no gay romance there?" I think about Hexxat and the reception of her romance ...

I hope that as a compensation they will make many difficult and interesting quests:)
    Quests are all good but it doesn't make up for the lack of romance ingame. Hoo I'm sure once the game will be out there will be lots of mods about it and other stuff but why the hack not insert it in the first place, it is part of life even ingame life and lack of it make it lacking in my eyes.
    Not inserting it to the game because they are afraid of getting bad reaction ? I think it a lousy excuse, they can get bad reaction on the game itself or about ingame stuff no matter what they will do, but I guess those guys are lacking romantic hearts!!!!!

As for Hexxat the guys here took a risk and I don't see anything bad about Hexxat being a lesbian even if I don't romance her or playing with her in my runs I think the risk they took is a good thing because they weren't afraid to take it and make something different for a change.

kaguana said:

I know how you feel. Prior to that news, I looked forward of romancing some Aumaua piratess in that game. And the fact Pillars of Eternity won't support modding makes it all the more unlikely to see some much needed ooze romances. :/
    Gee no modding support so they want this game to be closed up tied like an old conservative monk, "someone get me out of this hell hole".

Anyway, back on topic. Out of that haul I like this Moon-godlike portrait the most:
    They really do feel like the AD&D Air Genasi from Planescape.
    Well, with the exception of that croissant-thingy glued on their faces. :p

However this petite Aumaua lad is very lovely as well:

Kind of feels like Minsc, only way more handsome.
    Yeah that picture of moon godlike is lovely indeed :)

And lol that Anumaua picture more handsome then Minsc, nop sorry I don't think so.

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I don't think there's been any romances in Obsidian's games since NwN2. Which, granted, didn't have much of a romance anyway.
    scriver said:

I don't think there's been any romances in Obsidian's games since NwN2. Which, granted, didn't have much of a romance anyway.

Just prove what I said that they are lacking a romantic hearts and that is a real sham they are missing an important thing from my point of view.