Skip to content

Portraits for BG from Pillars of Eternity

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    he can't be minsc because of pointy ears. he's obviously a half-elf :)
    scriver said:

(Also, that revised fishman would make a great Half-orc Thief/Cleric.)

yes! he's of a sort of those urbane half-orcs who pull their tusks out

this one not so much:
    (however i don't like how tusks turned out. they're hard to add. i have a version without them too)

bonus: another pair of hairy ears removed
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    bengoshi said:

What a drow, @bob_veng‌ !

It's funny that while we have "Portraits for BG from Pillars of Eternity" thread here, Obsidian forum has a thread "BG portraits for Pillars of Eternity"

their's is a lot shorter though...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited December 2014
    There's a new male Pale Elf portrait in the latest beta build, released this week. Enjoy!

Is this portrait inspired by Deder?

Can't help but still like Deder's portrait more : )

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    now turned into a human with a skin uhm condition ehm acid burn scars:

dederina (with healthier complexion to boot)

...also the clashing styles are annoying. couldn't they have made more consistent art?
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    They better add some more soon. I want to play an old senile wizard : p
  • DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    @bob_veng: Could you possibly 'drowify' the elven mage for me? I've been searching for a portrait to suit a drow dragon disciple. Thanks! :)
  • The_VityazThe_Vityaz Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2014
    bob_veng, I would also have a rather odd request about the elven portrait... think you could maybe get rid of the "hand + magical ball of energy" and possibly add some minir facial hair or stubble to him?

I was thinking that would be a pretty good half-elven portait (and also rather universal when it would come to class and stuff). :)

Thanks in advance!
  • The_VityazThe_Vityaz Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2014
    Haha, thanks! Now he would make a pretty good mentor character as well. :D

Just one last request this time. It's perfect, but think you could also get rid of the... longer... urm, thing hanging off his jaw? Just keep the stubble on the lower part of the jaw.

I am thinking about using that one for initial BG1/BG2 parts and then the one with longer facial hair above in ToB (perhaps to show some... natural evolution, if you know what I mean).

Again, thank you! You sir are a gentleman and a scholar!
    Post edited by The_Vityaz on
    edited December 2014
    @bob_veng: Thank you very much, he looks much better as a drow! :) I also have a further request:

In-game his face is a little lost in that background, could you tweak it please? I'm not sure if it needs to be lighter, or darker, or a different colour - Something like the background your re-coloured pale elf above has? If that necessitates changing the spell colour, I don't mind what colour that is.

(This is an extra extra mile thing but if its easy enough to do, can you please change the clothing colour to a deep red/wine colour and that bit with the drawings on it on his chest to a yellow/gold colour? That would fit the default colours of the dragon disciple but really only if its possible).

Thanks very much again! :)

ps Aloth looks pretty great as an elven monk too ;)
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    @bob_veng, that is a hard working man ... Thanks
    @bob_veng: Thanks so much for this! :) the green background is a definite improvement and the spell aura really brings out the colour of his eyes ;)

Looking forward to seeing your future work!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited March 2015
    Also, some of the previous portraits have been tweaked a bit. A nice change, this one:

image (previous)

image (new)
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    I will be quite easy to make your own Pillars... portraits. Lots of oil effect and brush touches on a regular photo will take you a far way. :smile:
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited March 2015
    The Dwarf one is pretty much WoW style but still great! :smiley:
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The lack of female dwarven beards is disturbing...
    Quickly! Someone ought to add divine facial hair to these lasses! :anguished:
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I see one in the latest batch of an older woman. I hope they give us at least a portrait or two of older men.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    I don't know if I like these Pillars portraits...

There's just something about this style of "painted" portrait that comes off a little generic in the same way that the paintbg portrait pack does. Though admittedly it's a little less a problem here than in paintbg.

Also is that a Navi in the last batch of portraits?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

Can anyone change that eye color to pale blue? Maybe transplant it from the white-haired version?
    I would like to point out that people have already started to gather Pillars of Eternity-esque portraits: http://imgur.com/a/w0sU5

For example,

imageimageimage
    edited March 2015
    Whoa. Badass older lady knight. Now there's something you don't see every day.
  • BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
    edited March 2015
    Thanks! :)
  • Key_StrokesKey_Strokes Member Posts: 36
    edited March 2015
    bengoshi said:

Just look at this EPIC portrait from the latest beta update. I like it so, so much - I've even created a new bounty hunter charname already with this portrait :)

Awesome portrait! Is there any chance that someone would be able to modify that one with brown eyes? I can attempt to do it pixel by pixel in paint, but if one of the portrait gurus is willing to provide some assistance that would save me a great deal of painstaking (and likely wasted) effort... An assassin/fighter dual for a full EE run-through awaits!

• DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    I like this portrait style so much! Backing up everything :smiley:
    Check the fanart portraits by Wespenfresser:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71440-fanart-custom-portraits/