Skip to content

What I want in Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale 2 Enhanced Edition (EE)

124»

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    If when you make IWD2 you decide to include the "experience from killing enemies decreases as you become stronger" system, it would be good for the experience from killing enemies to be based on the total experience the party has, rather than the party's average level. I don't like how it encourages the player not to level up, so that they get more experience.

A much less important thing is about Thoraskus (I might not be spelling it right but whatever). If you attack him while he is disguised as a child, he should revert to his true form. I've had some playthroughs where I simply didn't have a dialogue option to expose him, and you have to do that in order to beat the game.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    i want it not to be too easy with all the new options for making your party more powerful (kits, spells, new items).

enemies need more oomph. more enemy mages, more beholders, bigger and more varied groups, smarter AI. also - less dropped and found gold (new items will balance that out).

this is imperative for me. without explicit assurance of this from the devs i won't be rushing to play the game.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    bob_veng said:

i want it not to be too easy with all the new options for making your party more powerful (kits, spells, new items).

enemies need more oomph. more enemy mages, more beholders, bigger and more varied groups, smarter AI. also - less dropped and found gold (new items will balance that out).

this is imperative for me. without explicit assurance of this from the devs i won't be rushing to play the game.

No game needs more beholders. At least, not the way they were implemented in BG2. BG2, in fact, needs a hell of a lot less beholders.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I'm inclined to agree. Beholders are too random to be a proper tactical challenge.
    You meet beholders in totl anyway and they are perfectly beatable
    bob_veng said:

You meet beholders in totl anyway and they are perfectly beatable

Sure. But you beat them with luck or cheese, not proper tactics.
    no, they come one at a time and by then you're pretty strong (~lvl15) with some good gear too. they are perfectly beatable without cheese and will be even more manageable with the new spells from bg2.

fighting beholders was actually very fun in iwd compared to bg2. they behave a little differently too i think.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Here are some things that need to be fixed in Icewind Dale 1 if possible:

*Sometimes Belhifet casts Shades or Summon Shadow, but they don't do anything when he casts them.

*Sometimes casting Wall of Moonlight doesn't create a wall like it's supposed to (this happened to me multiple times in the Presio area, and it happened when there weren't any other walls of moonlight already created)

*Summon Shadow's description says it summons 1 shadow per 3 levels, but for some reason it never summons more than 3 shadows

*Currently if a character rests while diseased, they die.

*If a character casts Decastave while holding a shield, the game crashes.

I haven't played Trials of the Luremaster, so there's a chance that some of these have already been fixed.
    bob_veng said:

no, they come one at a time and by then you're pretty strong (~lvl15) with some good gear too. they are perfectly beatable without cheese and will be even more manageable with the new spells from bg2.

fighting beholders was actually very fun in iwd compared to bg2. they behave a little differently too i think.

Either the gear protects you completly, in which case the fight is cheese, or it doesn't, in which case a random poor role on a saving throw means perma-death. Not fun and not tactics.
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    1. More Portraits! Come on, portraits and voices plays a major role in character's customisation and makes them unique. I want ft least about 10 new high quality portraits.

2. Dragon Disciple reworked. I want a new DD-bard kit with wings at 10 level!

3. New Black Pits, with way more challanges, in BG pits are finished really quickly to have some serious tactical fun.

4. More kits! Like bladesinger, or even runescarred berserker.

5. All BG and IWD series has an export character in them. Imagine if BeamDog improves this - all players from around the world could create unique characters with their builds and portraits and etc and exchange them with others ingame!

6. It would be ideal if they added new races - like anifolks (lionfolks should be fun) or even half-dragons, with exp penalties of course.
    I don't like it that HLAs are out. What's the reason for that?

Listen beamdog ppl:
    Since, this time, there's no separate game module like the Black Pits, you should release a DLC that adapts Heart of Fury mode for real high-level BG2/ToB style play. Add HLAs there and make enemies use them too, along with proper high-level spells.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    I want a very very very very very very very special priest kit.
  • timfitz1987timfitz1987 Member Posts: 2
    I wonder if a system could be added to create full companions. For example, lets say on character creation you were given the option to make a character named "Minsc" who is a NG Human. From there you roll stats, set class, etc. Each character would have a personality, side quests, etc. but would still be fully customized.
  • acolyteacolyte Member Posts: 36
    I want better pathfinding.