Skip to content

Doing the unthinkable at the Mana Forge - your ideal alternative resolutions to ToB

terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
Among other things over at my topic on Clerics and Ascension, a little tangent started on alternative courses of action one could theoretically take at the Mana Forge. Sergio mentioned the possibility of giving the essence and portfolios to Cyric while I proffered my own unique take - to actually complete the process of uplifting Amelyssan to godhood, as shown in my own little fanfic, the Unthinkable. Not wanting to derail the other thread from its topic, but still wanting to discuss it, I decided to make this one to discuss this issue more in-depth.

So, do you have an alternative resolution to BG, and if so, what is it?
Post edited by terzaerian on

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Complete the prophesy and resurrect your dead father?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Instead of giving all the essence to the solar to be destroyed how about you just keep your own and destroy the rest?
  • terzaerianterzaerian Member Posts: 232
    Good one - Cyric or Amelyssan, no matter what you can be sure that they would try to backstab you. But what would Bhaal himself do?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Good one - Cyric or Amelyssan, no matter what you can be sure that they would try to backstab you. But what would Bhaal himself do?

Being the god of murder and all, my guess is kill you.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Give it all to Boo. ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    An alternative resolution to BG would see the CHARNAME fail. Make it as if Amelyssan wins. She revels in her victory.

And then it outrages Boo. Boo becomes enraged. He quickly grows bigger, becomes larger than the highest mountain, and just smashes Amelyssan with his toe.

After that, BG becomes know as Boo the Greatest
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2014
    Give all of bhaal essence to Elminster. I hear that guy isn't powerful enough already :D
    AHAHA! *cough* I just laughed out loud people are looking at me :P (I don't know if this was meant as a really serious thread, I take nothing seriously so I hope it wasn't...)

The only other way I could think of was bringing back Bhaal... or giving it Cyric... either idea would be very very bad. Dad doesn't seem to be a nice, forgiving, live and let live type.
    Maybe, though sometimes even the most depraved of beings can be moved to act against their alignment - in Shadowdale, for example, Bane feels a moment of regret and sadness at the death of one of his lieutenants. All signs point to Bhaal not feeling any gratitude for being saved, considering his character - but you have to factor in that by the time you hit the mana forge his plans are at their utter nadir. Nothing in the prophecy has gone according to plan, his trusted lieutenant has betrayed him, and it looks like any chance he had of resurrection has evaporated. Restoring him would come so far out of left field that it might just offset his alignment. You are, after all, family.
    Does he not say in your dream "You were just fuel for the rebirth"?
    Mind you he might spare you long enough to go off and do unspeakable things to Cyric. I doubt he's very popular... I'd use that time to leave... very swiftly... :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I just have a hard time imaging Bhaal as being a nice fellow. I had a hilarious image of him being reborn, all bright, shiney and powerful... and offering you tea and crumpets to go over your new job contract as his exarch. He has some things he needs you to sign... health care plans and superannuation and the like. Then it's down to business. Murder.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited July 2014
    I didn't know that, @Sergio‌, mainly because I didn't have the chance to support that game at the time due to lack of money in that period, so I never gone through ToN features... I'm a sort of Phisical/Deluxe edition boxes feticist so I think I'll buy it in the future and I'll surely get some infos about it! ;D
    Post edited by Metalloman on
  • TurinTurin Member Posts: 42
    To be fair, if Bhaal has any intelligence he'll realize that charname, having for some reason chosen to resurrect him when taking his mantle was entirely possible, is the most trustworthy being across the planes for him. If there's a thought in his head at all he should make charname his lieutenant rather than murdering.
    @Turin: And let him to have the chance to murder his chieftain? Impossibru.
    edited July 2014
    Now that sounds like a BG3 I could get behind, Metalloman! The trick would be effectively translating those ideas into gameplay. Though if ToN explores those ideas I'll have to give that a look.
    ToN is more like a spiritual successor of Planescape: Torment. Have you played it? If not you surely have to!!! :)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

...because your purpose disturbs the force the universal balance

Plot twist: Dak'kon is a Jedi, so was Deionarra, and the Nameless One uses the same Sith technic that Darth Sidious used to keep himself alive.
    If it doesn't end up back at Star Wars we are doing something wrong.
    edited July 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

Plot twist: Dak'kon is a Jedi, so was Deionarra, and the Nameless One uses the same Sith technic that Darth Sidious used to keep himself alive.
    Plot twist of? PS:T2?

Post edited by Metalloman on
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited July 2014
    Sergio said:

In the end, one thing is sure. I do not think that charname would have the willpower nor the "intelligence" to make plans as complex as the ones made by Irenicus or Sarevok.

And why, if I may? Are we speaking about CHARNAME's stats or about roleplay?
    Considering that all what happens in the saga is previously written, a CHARNAME with right alignment and stats, at ToB end - but even during SoA - could surely plot something like that and maybe something worse...

Maybe not a lvl 1 CHARNAME, but an experienced one yes.
    edited July 2014
    Ah, ok, you're talking story-wise, now I follow you and agree. :)
    BUT! At the very end of ToB, who knows what CHARNAME may be able to do and plot if he choose to ascend to the divine status and take Bhaal's inheritance and domain?
    edited July 2014
    Very interesting! I'd like to read your playthrough when you'll write it. :)

BUT! You didn't answer my question: Don't you think that a CHARNAME may act like - or maybe better - Sarevok and Irenicus, after all that he experienced, depending on his stats and alignment, god or not?
    He surely have the potentiality to do so.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

CrevsDaak said:

Plot twist of? PS:T2?

Of PS:T Episode IV :P XD (why should we make I first while we can make IV first?)