Skip to content

Oh Keldorn, oh Keldorn, wherefore art thou, Keldorn?

Please check your nearest milk carton, as a certain paladin has gone missing. The scenario: I ran into Keldorn in the sewers after seeing the blind eye preacher but before I actually talked to the priest at the temple - so I had "investigate" but not "destroy". Anywhoo, I believe that I had Dorn with me at the time, having recruited him already. Agent K just walked by in the sewers, said something about a great evil, and then was on his way.

The problem is that he is now nowhere to be found. Not in the sewers. Not at the Radiant Heart - in fact, the RH is deserted and all doors except the stable are locked and unpickable. I suspect something broke, possibly with the recruit Dorn quest (playing a baddie, so we got our GoT on and had our own little red wedding).

I'd like to recruit Keldorn just to watch him bicker with Vic and Dorn, at least for a while. Any idea what might be hosed, and how to fix it?

Much thanks!

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    That is a known bug. I can't check the details on it now but I think it should be fixed in the next patch. I am also unable to find a workaround right now so I will turn it over to @Gate70‌ or @Troodon80‌.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,872
    edited July 2014
    I think the Radiant Heart reverts at some point, will go browse the issues log to see if that has any further details.
    edit issue 6673 raised and determined as fix not required. Details
    " Once the wedding is done in Dorn's storyline (plus a few days for clean up), oh5000 should no longer be accessible and the area reverts to ar0903 under all circumstances."
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Gate70, the issue is when Dorn is in the party. I was sure there was a new report created for that.

Anyway, the current workaround is to remove Dorn from the party outside the Radiant Heart, enter the Radiant Heart building, you should be able to find Keldorn now, recruit him, and, finally, head back outside and pick up Dorn again.
  • DangerDudeDangerDude Member Posts: 4
    I'll give that a try - FWIW, it has been much more than "a few days" since the wedding. Weeks if not months have passed, and the area has not reverted (or maybe it has - all bodies are gone, but all the doors are still locked).
  • LesseLesse Member Posts: 81
    Just to nitpick (and sorry in advance) but that's a misquote you have there :p. "Wherefore art thou" actually translates to "why are you (name)"? And he's Keldorn as...well, his name is Keldorn. Like Dorn only shiner, I guess.

*ahem* anyhow (and again sorry :p I'm sure no one cares about that detail) I had Dorn in my party to get his quests done. Literally the moment I kicked him out I could go to the Radiant Heart (now free from blood, gore and flowers), go up to the topmost room and Keldorn was there. No wait needed, and he mentioned nothing of a bloody massacre, either. Strange that.
  • DangerDudeDangerDude Member Posts: 4
    This what happens when you get old :) Loving the romp through BG 2 (picked it up on the Steam summer sale) and it has reminded, several times, that saving your game should be like voting in Chicago - early and often! :)
  • LesseLesse Member Posts: 81
    Oh, indeed. I just picked up Planescape: Torment on GoG.com to replay. There if you don't save before and after every darned conversation you regret it heavily :(