Skip to content

Helm of Opposite Alignment goodness!

This little thing is very nice. Not only you can get an evil planetar/deva if you are good (and you can cast it even after removing curse the helmet off of you...), but it also changes the familiar you get! Being chaotic good and all, while wearing it, i summoned... an imp! Instead of the fairy dragon. Has anyone else noticed other aftereffects while wearing it?

Comments

• SkieSkie Member Posts: 90
    It's a good way to have a good align npc in an evil party and vice versa. At least it works like that in BGEE :)
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I wonder, would it also cause a Cleric's turn undead to rebuke instead if they were good?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @Vallmyr Lets find out...
    Question, when you remove the helm does the alignment go back to normal or no?
    Also, thanks for checking for me! This information is very valuable! n_n
    @Valmyr Yes, removing the helm makes it go back to normal. Obviously the turn undead 'spell' checks the alignment of the user and becomes rebuke/turn based on that.
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    edited March 2015
    How much time has passed, 15 years? 17? We're still learning new things about this game.
    Amazing.
  • SkieSkie Member Posts: 90
    edited March 2015
    Really liked that helm in BGEE :)
    A Lawful Evil Coran was nice for my evil party >:)

Does the helm make an appearance in BG2EE?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I was hoping that with the helmet, I would be able to dual a evil cleric of Talos into a ranger, but alas, the helm isn't powerful enough.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Skie said:

Does the helm make an appearance in BG2EE?

@Skie Unfortunately, not. There is no such item in BG2.

You can add it through the console, though. The item code is HELM02.