Skip to content

So what race/class/description will you be playing first when you start off in bg;ee?

xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
So what race and class will you be playing when you start playing Baldur's gate: enhanced edition?

If they bring in subraces most likely I will be playing as a neutral evil drow assassin. Mainly because drow are so cool in terms of appearance and because of their superior qualities compared to the other races AND because they have black skin which helps them to blend in with the shadows. And of course since my drow is going to be neutral evil I will be committing constant murder because I have such a vile hate for the surface races. And for beautiful shiny coin of course! :)

Comments

• KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    edited August 2012
    I'll likely be an Elven sorcerer. On the first note, I love Elves (surface or otherwise). On the second note, I love playing as sorcerers because I prefer the daily spell limits with a smaller pool of carefully selected spells. That and playing a sorcerer from level 1 is actually pretty challenging, so that should be great fun too! Oh, and I'll probably be Chaotic Good.
  • EidolonEidolon Member Posts: 99
    I will be playing as evil cleric of Talos. Won't multi class nor dual class.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Fun fact: even though sub-races aren't really an option in BG, you can always make an elf with black skin and white hair... ;)

Like you, I'm going with a Neutral Evil elven sorceress, but RPing it as a villain who knows the value of good publicity. She'll kill if it benefits her in some way, but she'll never indulge herself to the point of endangering her own life (by becoming a priority target of the Flaming Fist). She understands that if she stays just under the radar, she can pretty much do what she wants. :)
  • cutlasskiwicutlasskiwi Member Posts: 35
    Either a Chaotic Good or Chaotic Neutral elven thief, dual wielding of course.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    shawne said:

Fun fact: even though sub-races aren't really an option in BG, you can always make an elf with black skin and white hair... ;)

Like you, I'm going with a Neutral Evil elven sorceress, but RPing it as a villain who knows the value of good publicity. She'll kill if it benefits her in some way, but she'll never indulge herself to the point of endangering her own life (by becoming a priority target of the Flaming Fist). She understands that if she stays just under the radar, she can pretty much do what she wants. :)

Yes I am quite aware of the "fun" fact thank you but its not the same. You don't gain the attribute bonuses/penalties, spell resistance, or faerie fire. I will be a drow when I see "drow" as my race in my character sheet otherwise if I must play as a basic elf so be it.

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I'll probably be a unique combo which I tried only once in the past. It proves to be quite effective actually -

Human,
    Priest of Lathander (9) dual class into Thief
    Chaotic Good

I'll be looking for the following attributes :

Strength - 18
    Dexterity - 18
    Constitution - 16
    Intelligence - 11
    Wisdom - 18
    Charisma - The rest. If superior than 15, then I'll be having 16 intelligence instead (and 10 cha), but those would be monster rolls.

Background would be that of a bodyguard to the PC Bhaalspawn Mage/Thief (if I know @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud well enough).

Tactics :

Weapons -
    Flails as cleric, point in dual wielding as well ;
    Scimitar as thief.

Once gotten to level 24 - Use any item HLA to dual wield the Flail of Ages + Scarlet Ninja-to. With the Boon of Lathander, that's 4 attacks per round occurring naturally, without any haste or Improved haste. With improved haste... that's 8 attacks per round :)

Together with Holy Power, Draw upon Holy Might and Righteous Magic, I would get to 24 strength (I believe), dealing maximum damage per hit and would get some nice THAC0 bonuses to compensate for the loss from dual wielding weapons with only one * in that proficiency. Solid combination overall, it's like a divine bard if you wish :)

Alternatively -

Human,
    Avenger Druid
    True Neutral

Strength - 16
    Dexterity - 18
    Constitution - 16
    Intelligence - 6 (hopefully)
    Wisdom - 18
    Charisma - Minimum

Same background really, just a more advanced damager early on.

Tactics :

Not plenty to say here. Cast web, transform - Sword Spider - Kill all.
    Alternatively - level 10, cast chromatic orb, petrify all.

Alternatively -

Human,
    Berserker Fighter (9) Dual Class into Druid
    True Neutral

Strength - 18/45+
    Dexterity - 18
    Constitution - 18
    Intelligence - 6 (Hopefully)
    Wisdom - 14-18
    Charisma - 16-18

Still same background.

Tactics :
    We are talking about the toughest roll on earth here, as well as possibly the toughest Dual-class to earn. Advantages are however the Berserker rage being a great buff and the 10 druid levels being gained VERY steadily (in fact in 160K XP if I recall correctly? ). Of course the dual class would wait for BG2EE (same for the first combo) but that is of little concern.

Both Priest of Lathander and Berserker are great warriors and tanks early on so I'm not afraid to die too easily! :)
  • jpierce55jpierce55 Member Posts: 86
    Chaotic good half-elf ranger
  • SidemiSidemi Member Posts: 70
    Chaotic neutral wild mage or rogue in multiplayer.
    Chaotic evil fighter(thief)/mage in singleplayer.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    True neutral dual class Thief(9)/Fighter.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    Half elf, shapeshifter, neutral
  • SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
    Chaotic Neutral Human Bard.

For some reason, whenever I play, I either gravitate to a amoral charmer character (Chaotic Neutral bard of thief) or a no nonsense Lawful Neutral cleric or fighter who despises the lesser and dirty races (you know; elves, dwarves, gnomes, orcs. The real subhuman races)

My clerics are always incredibly speciesist for some reason.
  • AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    Neutral Human Shapeshifter Druid. I plan on dual-classing to fighter once I reach level 13. It's certainly not the most powerful build in the game but it's a lot of fun. I roleplay him as kindof a Fianna type, for those familiar with White Wolf's Werewolf rpg.
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    Neutral Good Sorcerer unless A: Sorcerers can multiclass (Then I'l go Sorcerer/Thief) or B: Sorcerers can Multiclass with Mages (Sorcerer/Mage)... Then again, Sorcerer/Cleric would be nice to...
  • SynergeticSynergetic Member Posts: 69
    Gonna see what the new Blackguard kit includes, if nothing really interesting I will roll a thief.
  • ScarsUnseenScarsUnseen Member Posts: 170
    @xLegionx In AD&D(and in the Forgotten Realms novels), Drow eventually lose their special abilities if they stay on the surface for an extended period of time, which is why Viconia only has the spell resistance in game. This would likely be the case with any playable Drow sub-race that was put into the game.

As for me, I may try a monk this time around since it's a class I never got around to using in BG2 before. In the past, I've generally favored paladin[undead hunter], fighter[berserker], thief[swashbuckler] and bard[blade]. I've done cleric and mage before for the stronghold quests in BG2, but never druid since I've never been a fan of the class in AD&D. I might feel different if I could have multiclassed druid/barbarian, but that's just my 3E side talking.

So... monk. I'm thinking elf this time around and going for some neutral on neutral action with Jaheira in BG2EE.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    Thinking about a half-elven skald or cleric of Helm or blackguard, and if not any of these then an elven sorcerer.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    half-elf blade or halfling assassin
  • JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292

@xLegionx In AD&D(and in the Forgotten Realms novels), Drow eventually lose their special abilities if they stay on the surface for an extended period of time, which is why Viconia only has the spell resistance in game. This would likely be the case with any playable Drow sub-race that was put into the game.

At least during the time Baldur's Gate is set. In the books Gromph's daughter does something that allows Drow to keep their abilities on the surface. (It's been a while since I read the books, I can't remember what exactly.)
  • LoreLore Member Posts: 114
    I will be playing mage/thief Elf race unless i see some nice new races to play :D
  • FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I'm thinking of going with a Cleric/Thief. They're actually quite good. Trent mentioned something about addressing the lack of magical clubs issue so it would suit that.
  • Dannen6272Dannen6272 Member Posts: 28
    Most likely an Inquisitor Paladin, love that dispel magic and the carsomyr +5 in BG 2.

Alternatively some kind of Elven Mage.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Lawful Good Female Fighter, I'll have to see what kits are available. Yes, I like kickass fighter chicks. My first Basic D&D character was a kickass female fighter chick (albeit with a 14 strength).
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    Gérard Lambert aka "Gégé", "the crusher", "the fly".
    Human / CN or LN / Fighter (blunt weapons).
  • derzynikerderzyniker Member Posts: 2
    The same class I always play. Start as a fighter and then realize (hours later) that I'm missing out by not being a thief. Restart as a thief and then realize days later i want to be magic based. And then weeks later go back to the fighter, second guessing the whole process. Can't wait to play this game again!
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    Like many of you, I've started so many pc's only to restart another not to far into the game! As a for instance, just recently, I started a paladin, got to Nashkel, then rolled an elven ranger. Got to Gorion's death, then rerolled an elven fighter thief. The fighter thief is now at the Cloakwood, and I intend to finish the game with him. I'll probably start BGEE with an elven fighter thief, with focuses in Longbow and Longsword.
  • sphexussphexus Member Posts: 11
    Had to make an own topic for this question but now I got it decided. CHARNAME's gonna be neutral evil half-elf blade. Not absolutely sure about the gender yet.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Female elven fighter/mage like all first characters I use in D&D fantasy games.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    I rolled up a Half-Elf Cleric/Ranger with 18/00-18-18-10-18-10 the other day. Exported it, and it's in stasis until BG:EE. Hahah
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Quartz said:

I rolled up a Half-Elf Cleric/Ranger with 18/00-18-18-10-18-10 the other day. Exported it, and it's in stasis until BG:EE. Hahah

Is it possible to use BG exported chars for BG:EE? o.O
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'm considering either a kensai or a monk. Quite hard to play these classes at low levels.