Skip to content

So what race/class/description will you be playing first when you start off in bg;ee?

13»

Comments

• KenjiKenji Member Posts: 251
    First Playthrough:
    Race: Human
    Class: Fighter dual Thief
    Alignment: Neutral Evil

Weapon of Choice:
    Short Sword++
    Dagger (Throwing Dagger)++
    Missile Weapon (Dart)++

Fighting Style:
    Sword and Shield (Buckler)++

Stats:
    Str: 17
    Dex: 18
    Con: 16
    Int: 15
    Wis: 10
    Cha: 9

I often play this with my brother, and I see my little assassin as a normal blade-for-hire with my brother's Lawful Neutral mercenary Bhaalspawn.

As part of the RP element, I usually remove all the bhaalspawn innate abilities on my backstabber.
  • AenorAenor Member Posts: 64
    First comment (hurray...)

Gonna go with something I've never tried before: Human Blade. Figured that would make a nice change as I usually play a straightforward kick-ass Fighter.

I wonder if the Blade gets the Offensive/Defensive Spin at lvl1 or if I have to wait till lvl4...
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @ScarsUnseen You'd have to be Lawful Neutral (Monks are always lawful)

I'm probably going to be female human Cavalier. Not 100% certain on that one, though.

@mlnevese - Have you had success with a pure Kensai? Their restrictions always steered me away, as they don't seem survivable.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @reedmilfam they´re quite hard to keep alive until very late in the game... then they become battlefield cleaners :)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @mlnevese Good to hear! I didn't like the high AC that they would have without any items to really bring it down and was irritated that the only use appeared to be dual classing. I think all classes should be doable on their own footing, or it's not really a class.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Race: Drow
    Class: Fighter / Thief
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Thought about this... I think it is time to do it with a wildmage... Maybe the bugs will have gone? Not sure on race though...
  • lakridslakrids Member Posts: 29
    One of the things, that have a big part in my character selection, is what npc do I want in my party?. If I pick the new wild mage npc, I will not play a wild mage and etc.

Race: Humans are superior!
    Class: I will probably pick either a fighter, can't go wrong with short distance violence, or a sorcerer fireballs and chaos yay!.
    Alignment: Good, I don't want to play a dick.
    And no dual classing
  • MoiraMoira Member Posts: 173
    I'm making my first halfling to celebrate BG:EE. Usva will be a Thief and True Neutral, I think, so I can take my pick of the new NPCs, but she definitely has an unruly and ruthless bent. She looks good too.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Moira said:

I'm making my first halfling to celebrate BG:EE. Usva will be a Thief and True Neutral, I think, so I can take my pick of the new NPCs, but she definitely has an unruly and ruthless bent. She looks good too.

Cool portrait!
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    Hmm. I think I'd probably go for an Elven Ranger, or a Fighter/Thief.

(I'm going to include stats, as I'm that bored)

Strength: 16
    Dexterity: 19
    Constitution: 9
    Intelligence: 14
    Wisdom: 14
    Charisma: 18

Dual Wielding Scimitars, Occasional use of Longbow

Cheers.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I started a discussion with this question right after the announcement of BGEE and me joining the forum in july. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/2022/ideas-about-your-first-ever-bgee-party

But only just now, almost a month later, I myself have decided what I will play:

I'll be a cavalier, wielding longsword and axes, with my childhood sibling Imoen and a cleric I'll rescue from being turned to stone. And I'll try out the new NPC's Rasaad and Neira both straight away.

I had some other ideas for Tutu before BGEE was announced, but I'll put them on hold for later or maybe change them first. Song and Silence and Divine Remix need to be made compatible first as well for one of those other party ideas to work.
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    Neutral evil drow bard
  • sanfe75sanfe75 Member Posts: 7
    I'm going to play with a LE monk. Something Grimgnaw like, only human for race limit...
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    NG Ranger Cleric.
    I wanna be a dual wielding frontline Warpriest. Always love the battle cleric.
  • KelesKeles Member Posts: 31
    probably run it the first time as Keles (elven ranger, neutral good).

...and on a side note: wow! that's a lot of evil floating around out there. never realized being a 'hero' was such a turn off. lol ~
  • Hi_Its_Me_Imoen1Hi_Its_Me_Imoen1 Member Posts: 15
    I'm thinking of trying a cleric, haven't decided what race, partially because I can't remember which races can be one. But probably and elf or half-elf.
  • TheGreatKhanTheGreatKhan Member Posts: 106
    I got a group who wants to solely play mulitplayer as a team. We each picked a different class. I'm probably going to play a Human Wild Mage. Of course I will sit there until I get a roll that's very high.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    Yeah its official. I'm prbly going to be a drow necromancer, or I'll be playing a human necromancer until the race dlc comes out at which I will start over. I hope they will add more spells however to the necromantic school that would be awesome! :)