Skip to content

[How to] Making kit mods for the EE!

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    If I wanted to make a kit, but not allow it to be accessible by player characters (so like Wilson in BG2EE), what would be involved with that?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @elminster‌ it depends… on the original games you should use COPY_KIT and copy the relevant stuff and add the rest, but on the EEs it's enough not to launch fl#add_kit_ee for that specific kit (note: some stuff will be missing through, so it might not be the best way).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    I'm getting a parsing error near LAF and I can't figure out why

Here's what I have there:

LAF fl#add_kit_ee
    STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~@aek~
    clsrcreq = ~1 1 1 1 1 1 1~
    END
    edited December 2014
    edited December 2014
    @Silchas‌ remove the tildes from the @reference, and, it should be numerical, not alphabetical. Besides, if you posted WeiDU's output in the .DEBUG and on the console that would help us see what's causing the problem, besides the complete .tp2 code.
    edited December 2014
    Silchas said:

I'm getting a parsing error near LAF and I can't figure out why

Here's what I have there:

LAF fl#add_kit_ee
    STR_VAR
    kit_name = ~@aek~
    clsrcreq = ~1 1 1 1 1 1 1~
    END

If you are using a TRA file the place immediately above it would look something like this

LAF fl#add_kit_ee // launch_action_function start
    INT_VAR
    biography = RESOLVE_STR_REF (@11110) // This is the biography, you can browse the dialog.tlk
    // (with NearInfinity or DLTCEP) for the string you desire or just add your own.
    briefdesc = RESOLVE_STR_REF (@11111)

If that is of any help.
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    Thanks, guys. I figured out what was wrong. Unsurprisingly it's stupid - hadn't included tob starting gear and apparently it's mandatory
    edited December 2014
    @Silchas‌ if you don't want to include something from the ADD_KIT operator/function just leave a ~~ and it'll put nothing on the tables (not recommended for other cases than the ToB starting equipment).
    Under the backstab progression it says 40 levels but I count 41 numbers.
    @elminster‌ thanks, fixed. Hopefully some day i'll learn how to count ;p
    I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't a secret value in there somewhere. :)
    @elminster‌ actually the game's tables tend to go up to 41 even if the game's cap is set to 40.
    So for this

// this is the BONUS that is given to each kit/class' thieving abilities at level 1
    // appended column-wise to CLASISKL.2DA
    // note that they are 7 values, Pick Pockets, Open Locks, Find Traps
    // Move Silently, Hide in Shadows, Detect Illusion and Set Traps
    clasiskl = ~10 10 10 10 10 10 10~

I put in values of 15 for both move silently and Hide in Shadows. The rest of the values are at 0. But when I create my kits character and start the game these bonuses aren't being reflected in their scores (they aren't any different than say a normal thiefs would be).
    edited December 2014
    @elminster‌ yaa, they are actually the minimum starting thieving points I think. will correct op. You should use a .spl with a GA_[spellname] on the CLAB at level 1.
    CrevsDaak said:

@elminster‌ yaa, they are actually the minimum starting thieving points I think. will correct op. You should use a .spl with a GA_[spellname] on the CLAB at level 1.

Yea that is what I ended up doing (with AP_spellname) :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    So I was looking at throwing together some dragon disciple kits for my IWDEE kitpack. Just variations on the existing kit but with different elements used and some other tweaks.

Anyways I think I may have asked you before about this but is there any way to change a kits spell progression table? I ask this because I noticed the existance of MXSPLDD.2DA. I'm assuming it is related to the dragon disciple somehow (though the numbers are all off on the table if that is the case).

I then checked out the dragon disciples clab file (CLABSO01.2DA) to see if anything there explained how exactly it loses one spell at each spell level. Still no clue from that.

Any idea on how this particular kit handles spell progression?
    @elminster hardcoded to use that max spells/level table. You can get around using spell slot removing effects through the clab file.
    edited March 2015
    Yea that is what I figured.
  • Abdel_AdrianAbdel_Adrian Member Posts: 430
    I'm trying to give my custom kit HLAs at a specific level, but I'm having a little trouble with how to code that. I realize that values for the row are only valid between 3 and 32, so trying to append the 33rd row doesn't work. I'd like to either have my kit first (3), but not overwrite any line and thus push all the others one down, or last (33) by adding a completely new line- I just can't figure out how. Also, my newEntry of ~BLADE_SINGER~ equates to "41" in the 2da, the class id, and I realize this is what was mentioned on the weidu documentation site ("if newEntry is a string that contains any %WeiDU_Variables% they are replaced by their values."), I just need that field to read the kit's internal name to work.

Hopefully someone here can help me, thanks.

// Bladesinger's HLA at level 14
    COPY_EXISTING ~lunumab.2da~ ~override~
    SET_2DA_ENTRY 33 0 1 ~BLADE_SINGER~
    SET_2DA_ENTRY 33 1 1 ~14~
    SET_2DA_ENTRY 33 2 1 ~1~
    SET_2DA_ENTRY 33 3 1 ~99~
    SET_2DA_ENTRY 33 4 1 ~1~

P.S.- I know I'm asking ridiculously novice questions lately and I apologize, I swear I'm making tremendous progress in between every request.

I'm trying to give my custom kit HLAs at a specific level, but I'm having a little trouble with how to code that. I realize that values for the row are only valid between 3 and 32, so trying to append the 33rd row doesn't work. I'd like to either have my kit first (3), but not overwrite any line and thus push all the others one down, or last (33) by adding a completely new line- I just can't figure out how. Also, my newEntry of ~BLADE_SINGER~ equates to "41" in the 2da, the class id, and I realize this is what was mentioned on the weidu documentation site ("if newEntry is a string that contains any %WeiDU_Variables% they are replaced by their values."), I just need that field to read the kit's internal name to work.

No worries—it happened the same to me when I started doing this ;)
    I would suggest to do this instead:
    APPEND file.2da ~foo %bar%~
    It works as you would expect—it adds that line at the end of the file (and adds the needed newlines and all that stuff) and evaluates any variables between %s (percentage symbols).

So what you need should be something like this:
    APPEND lunumab.2da ~BLADE_SINGER 14 1 99 1~
    Spacing does not matter, but if you're too concerned you can drop a simple:
    COPY_EXISTING lunumab.2da override
    PRETTY_PRINT_2DA
    BUT_ONLY
    To fix the indentation on the 2DA file.
    Thanks @CrevsDaak , worked like a charm. I couldn't get the parsing right with PRETTY_PRINT_2DA, but it's not essential.
  • joshuar9476joshuar9476 Member Posts: 55
    edited March 2015
    I've been away from the game for a while. Do kits I created when the game came out need updated to 1.3? And if so, what needs to be updated?
    edited March 2015
    @joshuar9476 no if you've already taken care of the EEs new .2da tables, otherwise you'll need to call fl#add_kit_ee once for each kit.
    So now I've added up to grand mastery for single weapon style, appending the 2da and changing the appropriate string whether it's using BGEE or BG2EE. Pretty simple stuff, but what I'd really love to do is add initial proficiencies like the Ranger and dual-wielding- is this possible, or hard coded against? I can't even see where the Ranger gets his points from.

And since I'm not too hopeful with that, I'd also like to try adding my own style bonus in addition to the ones present- anyone have any experience with that?

Finally, I'm making all my items with DLTCEP v7.7 before adding them to my WeiDU mod, but right now I'm having trouble with % chance effects. I'd love to have multiple effects with the same % chance, but for them to be completely unrelated, rolled separately, and able to happen simultaneously or not depending on how many of these rolls are successful. Currently, everything with the same % chance will always trigger on the same roll.

Thanks for the help :smile:
    edited March 2015
    @subtledoctor Thank you, I'll fiddle around with the spl effects and see if I can get something close to desirable.

As far as style bonus, I'm not trying to add a new column with a new type of bonus, but rather a new style entirely, such as Bladesinging, or Martial/Exotic Styles. In WEAPPROF.2da, Two Weapon fighting is ID 114, and then the EXTRAs start at 116. If I were to make my own 115 in the appropriate row, make all the right strings, do you think I'll be able to add a fifth style in addition to 2handed, S&S, SWS, & 2weapon?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @subtledoctor Thanks again, I found this thread by wolpak: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29694/expose-weapon-proficiency-and-styles-data#latest
    but, it seems he ran into the same dead end that I have. But I at least can make a working grand mastery of any existing style ridiculously easily. It's a start.

No idea about how to make equal % chance items have separate rolls though?
    I really don't want to have to make them differ all by 1% or something silly and proc on very similar rolls but never together.