Skip to content

Beta Question

I couldn't find an answer so I'll ask it here: how do I get into the beta for Icewind Dale? I need to own the game first too, right?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    You have to pre-order yes. After that you can sign up at the bottom of the page for www.icewinddale.com (there is a link in the answer to the last FAQ question).
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I take it that it's only open to Beamdog client users? No pre-order or beta for Android, iOS or Steam users?
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    I've been assuming that you can only get it through the Beamdog client. Regardless, I'd like to show my support for Beamdog by using their services. A friend of mine thought he'd be funny and added Beamdog to his Steam Library. Long story short it gave his computer diabetes.

I've purchased the game and submitted a request to join the beta via the link in the FAQ. Now I'm just waiting.
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    Are there any news germane to the beta start?
    Skydog said:

Nope
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    That saddens me, not that deeply though))
  • Korevas17Korevas17 Member Posts: 57
    Not sure if anyone is able to say or not, but how long did you have to wait before receiving your beta invite - hours, days, a week? Is it even guaranteed when you preorder? Just curious.
  • Korevas17Korevas17 Member Posts: 57
    @Dee Ah ok thanks for the info. Hopefully its soon!!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Dee said:

None of the beta invites have been sent out yet; we're still collecting the data.

(I've got to stop posting on the weekends.)

Good to know.
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Dee said:

None of the beta invites have been sent out yet; we're still collecting the data.

(I've got to stop posting on the weekends.)

I can speak / write Danish!! That should make me a Nr. 1 candidate!! Cause we all know how much that language will be used.... Right? ... No?

Oh well, can't blame me for trying! :)

Spungi said:

I can speak / write Danish!! That should make me a Nr. 1 candidate!! Cause we all know how much that language will be used.... Right? ... No?

Oh well, can't blame me for trying! :)

That means (based on the fact that your comment is written in English) that you are fluent in at least one more language than I am, so there is always hope. :)
    I took German for one term at the university level and gave up on it. :)
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    edited September 2014
    We are forced in Denmark, but I never got any good at it... Languages never were my biggest strength, got online mmo's to thank for my English... Hehe
    elminster said:

I took German for one term at the university level and gave up on it. :)

I have 2 years of high school German! I think I'm definitely qualified as a (google)translator.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I'm an English major and a writer by profession. I would be ideal for spotting text errors (hint, hint).
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    What's that? Forum Question is evolving?

Congratulations! Your forum question evolved into Linguistics Club!

Dee said:

I took Latin for seven years, and I still haven't managed to convince anyone in the office that we should do a Vatican-ready translation.

If the game were in Latin, would the spell casting sounds be in English? ;-)
    Middle Canadian.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Dee said:

I took Latin for seven years, and I still haven't managed to convince anyone in the office that we should do a Vatican-ready translation.

If the game were in Latin, would the spell casting sounds be in English? ;-)
    Sanskrit.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited September 2014
    I can read the deepest, most profound pieces of writing formed by children... Even they can't believe what they have written when I read it back to them... They can't check either 'cause they can't read yet.

EDIT: I'm trained to proof read. But english is the only language I'm fluent in.
    Actually, have an honest question. Do previous Beta testers on BG2 need to form fill again for Icewind Dale?

Should BG2 beta testers continue to work on BG2 and ignore IWD?

Feel a little out of the loop since last patch release. Been playing for fun...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Yes, the two groups are separate and if you want a chance to beta test IWD:EE, you must fill out the form.
    edited September 2014
    Thank you @Jalily‌ !

EDIT: And form filled... :)
    Post edited by Anduin on
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    elminster said:

Skydog said:

Nope

Your info.

Give it to me.

Now.