Skip to content

Beta Question

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607

elminster said:

Skydog said:

Are there any news germane to the beta start?

Nope

Your info.

Give it to me.

Now.
    I'll be back.
    jackjacklolien
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Trent just tweeted this:

Looks like the beta might be starting soon.
    Anduinronaldojackjacklolien
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    *If Anduin had a pulse, it would be quickening*
    jackjacklolien
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    cmk24 said:

Trent just tweeted this:

Looks like the beta might be starting soon.
    According to a post in the uppermost thread on this page, the beta has begun.

If that's the case, it doesn't appear that I've been granted access. :-(
  • SkydogSkydog Member Posts: 111
    damn, I'm as tight as a frog's anus and still nothing has happened))
    anyone got the beta access?
    lolien
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Nimran said:

DreadKhan said:

...this isn't a thread about discussing fighting fish? Huh.

Here I thought they were inviting people to a boxing match between two sahuagin. Guess not... D:
    Damn algorythimic decision making...
    elminsterNimran
  • ForgottenMythForgottenMyth Member Posts: 60
    BETA OR RIOT!... oops sorry i had my Twitch voice on. Boo says beta please :3
    Nimrankaguana
  • CrystalSentinelCrystalSentinel Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Dee said:

We're rolling things out gradually. If you haven't received an invite yet, just sit tight.

*cinches belt another notch*
    Can't... breathe...
    Nimrankaguana
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Must... Have. Beta.... A matter of life and death!!

Pretty please? I'll make you cookies!
    Nimrankaguanajackjack
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I do have to admit that I would have really enjoyed being allowed into the beta but I am not going to sweat it. I pre-ordered so a modicum of patience will guarantee that IWDEE will arrive when it arrives.
    elminsterSpungiJuliusBorisovkaguana
  • I do have to admit that I would have really enjoyed being allowed into the beta but I am not going to sweat it. I pre-ordered so a modicum of patience will guarantee that IWDEE will arrive when it arrives.

You got it exactly right. It's fun to play the "can I be in beta game" but ultimately we eventually get a fine game regardless of if we contribute in this particular phase or not. That doesn't mean I wouldn't love to help but time IS at a premium. Even if I did get in I have no idea how much time I have to participate with work commitments and all.
  • Korevas17Korevas17 Member Posts: 57
    I really hope that the vast majority of people who pre-ordered will be allowed access - or else there really wasn't any incentive to have pre-ordered at all unless you just wanted to pledge your money up front. Still got my fingers crossed >.<
  • CasadoomCasadoom Member Posts: 68
    Korevas17 said:

I really hope that the vast majority of people who pre-ordered will be allowed access - or else there really wasn't any incentive to have pre-ordered at all unless you just wanted to pledge your money up front. Still got my fingers crossed >.<</p>

While the sentiment is completely understandable, they did kinda make it clear that receiving a beta invitation was a matter of chance and not guaranteed. Although I was assuming that the beta would be a non-NDA one.

With that said, I would assume that as time passes, more and more people will be slowly added to the beta. But anyway, just enjoy some other game and see the beta as an extra benefit.
  • Korevas17Korevas17 Member Posts: 57
    @Casadoom What's very unfortunate is that I was starting up a new HoF playthrough of IWD complete when IWDEE was announced 2 days later so I'm trying to not spoil myself and keep it relatively fresh. Been playing through BGEE again as a good party for once (YUCK!) but I'm enjoying it all the same :D
    So has anyone been invited into the beta yet (or are they not allowed to say)?
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

They would tell you, but then they'd have to kill you.
    elminster
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @SharGuidesMyHand‌ The open beta isn't open yet so no one has being invited yet.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014

As Jalily pointed out earlier they can say they are beta testers. Otherwise if its not information already released to the public then they can't talk about it (and obviously they can't post screenshots or anything as well).

For instance as a tester I can say that I am beta testing the game. For those who missed it I've also been posting all publicly released information about the game that has been made so far.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/542662/#Comment_542662
    kaguana
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited September 2014
    @elminster ... Are you a testing *gulp* IWDEE? as we speak? For clarity's sake (lovely girl) I wish to ask again...

Anduin can disclose he is not testing as we speak read...

He is one sad mummified corpse...

EDIT: Just realised it is a minefield to disclose you are a beta tester, as everyone will badger you for information. So maybe... If your a weak willed ninny... keep it to yourself... Aaaaah! The complexities! THE COMPLEXITIES!!!
    Nimranmlnevese
    Anduin said:

@elminster ... Are you a testing *gulp* IWDEE? as we speak? For clarity's sake (lovely girl) I wish to ask again...

EDIT: Just realised it is a minefield to disclose you are a beta tester, as everyone will badger you for information. So maybe... If your a weak willed ninny... keep it to yourself... Aaaaah! The complexities! THE COMPLEXITIES!!!

elminster is indeed beta testing, but not as part of the "open" beta. elminster has already been testing for Beamdog as one of their private testers.
    elminsterAnduin
  • CasadoomCasadoom Member Posts: 68
    Elminster is probably sick of playing by now.
    Anduin
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014
    Anduin said:

Actually I was working on beating Throne of Bhaal with an evil playthrough I'm doing (in the BG2EE beta). I'm just about to kill Melissan :)

Most of my testing of IWDEE has been for HoW. I'm also in the process of testing all the spells in the game.

Also lovely girl? I'm a dude.

I kind of already said I was beta testing it weeks ago. If people want to badger me for information well...they won't get any info about the game that hasn't already been mentioned to the public :)
    Post edited by elminster on