Skip to content

PS:T:EE ?

CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
Would you like to see a PlaneScape Torment:EE, I know I would :)
  1. PS:T:EE ?62 votes
    1. Yes
      87.10%
    2. No
        9.68%
    3. PST ???
        3.23%

Comments

• CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Well the Icewind Dale Poll paid off, so why not try this one too?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Oh Baator, yes~~!

And I would also like to see PS:T EE to have *actual* portraits either drawn by Tony DiTerlizzi himself, or some other talented artist of the high fantasy genre. The 3D "screenshots" are more comical in nature than anything, really.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,734
    You know, I have never fully played PlaneScape Torment. But no doubt about it, I would try the Enhanced Edition of it.

To me, if Beamdog make PS:T:EE, it would mean I play PlaneScape Torment thoroughly and from what I've read and heard it's a great game.

So, creating PS:T:EE would mean I trully discover this game and enjoy it on modern platforms and tablets.

Yes, any day I would say YESSSSS!
  • PoupipoupipouPoupipoupipou Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    I just can't wait for an enhanced version au PS:T, i tried several times to play it recently and i just could not stant the control and design of the game compared to BG. I went like what seemed to be mid-game but quited it and got back to BG <3
    But the story and the facts that you don't need to have an OP char to play, are really enjoyable !
  • DivineEternal1DivineEternal1 Member Posts: 18
    I know it's a stupid reason but I could never get myself to buy the game because of how ugly I thought the character portraits are, especially the main guy's. I might consider buying an EE version, especially if it had alternate portraits.
  • LesseLesse Member Posts: 81
    Well...the game is sort of beautiful in its ugliness if that makes sense. The macabre detailing in descriptions, how Sigil is so filthy and unpleasent (Hive especially), and just the assortment of weirdoes, thugs and undesirables is amazing. It sort of becomes a work of art just for being so foul and disgusting at times (especially with TNO ergh...taking full advantage of his condition). Also - the music is beautiful.

But yes, this is a game I like even more than Baldur's Gate (I never got into Icewind Dale, not enough storyline for me) and I'd be happy to have an enhanced edition. That being said, if you go to GoG.com and purchase the game there, there's some really nice links for addons in the description. With those installed, the game actually starts to look really nice.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Yep!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited September 2014
    Not unless Beamdog demonstrates that they can do better than they did with the BG EEs. IWD:EE should be a good test for that - I won't be buying it, but I'll be following community reactions and reviews.
    Post edited by shawne on
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,195
    I could see it run on EE engine, but they would have to preserve things like creature section in journal.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Be still my heart, yes!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    PS:T is the game I'd like to see enhanced the most, since it was always the one with thoe worse engine (without taking BG1 into account). @Pecca‌ also, PS:T has different file structures, and a big part of the game relies on that.
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 94
    After IWD2:EE, of course.
  • AynataAynata Member Posts: 3
    I want PS:T on all the systems! It would be so cool to experience PS:T on my tablet. With almost all the IE games on it, I would be set.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I voted the way I did simply because I know practically nothing about the game. I would like to try it someday, but it's not a great desire of mine. Apparently it's super heavy role-playing, though, so that sounds great.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    edited September 2014
    Eliminster posted a pic of trent saying not currently in development... I wonder if IWD2 will be in the cards with the rule changes...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I never played it. My experience with IE games back then was limited, so I can't wait to play it for the first time.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    But a light touch is a must. Bug fixes, ability to run smoothly on modern systems, restore cut content, and zooming.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Great game, but it cannot be "enhanced" much really.

If they can simply port it to new engine to sell to the new generation, fine, by all means. But don't waste time redoing it.

There is reason why Citizen Kane is not rebooted often.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    There is a lot of benefits an EE version would bring. I remember my first play through came to end when I hit a CTD (crash to desktop) bug in the cannons room that stopped me when I was quite close to the end.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Sure, why not? Though I'd rather see things fixed as opposed to added.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing added is the possibility of being a cleric (though the high wisdom might be a little OP)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Just being able to play the game on Mac without having to use a stupid windows emulator and without CTDs, I would give sixty bucks for this game (not meaning I would actually pay that).