Skip to content

other games we play

13»

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited September 2014
    There are other games?
    In all seriousness, I enjoy Victoria II & Europa Universalis IV as well.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Why have a poll? I am currently playing a handful of games at the moment each one different the last. Besides BG, I am playing:

NHL 15
    Mass Effect 3
    GTA V
    XCom: Enemy Within
    Bully
    Civilization V
    War of Omens
    The Walking Dead Season 2 (just finished it)

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    edited September 2014
    I still love The Settlers 3, I wish someone would remake it with more races, the later Settlers games just lost the plot.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited September 2014
    I play depression quest every day. IT makes me so happy and sensitive to people with "issues". I think the "game" is much better then the bible to learn how to be an empath. The only problem now is i can only feel connected to other people with "issues". It´s a super great "game" btw. You all should get it and donate much dollar to the amazing inventor. It´s realy a gem, so unique and you can do so many things. Also the graphics are pure phenomenon. It cant get any better, i love it, i just love the depressions now...

oh, and there is another inventor of a great "game". You can play it on YT. IT´s called "fight the power"... o no, It was more like "kill all men" or "i have issues" or "females should rule the planet" or "damsel in distress"...
    Great game. You should play it and donate also much money for more of her games...

Maybe i have played depression quest in a dream before i took my profile picture. Could be....
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    I've been off the gaming wagon for a while (about as long as I've been away from here) but recently I've tried to pick something up again (about the same time I hopped back on the forum...coincidence? O_o)

Currently playing Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich. Fun stuff.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Divinity Original Sin. So awesome.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited September 2014
    With the new options, I play the Elder Scrolls series (finished Skyrim), Mass Effect series (finished all 3 multiple times), and Fallout series (finished 3 and NV, have the first 2 but never got around to finishing them). I play a lot of racing games, so I guess you could consider them sports games. I play racing games as much as I play RPGs. I ocassionally play FPS games, but very rarely because a lot of them make me nauseous.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214

I've been off the gaming wagon for a while (about as long as I've been away from here) but recently I've tried to pick something up again (about the same time I hopped back on the forum...coincidence? O_o)

Currently playing Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich. Fun stuff.

In any other forum this would become a conspiracy theory in no time :)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    LadyRhian said:

As you can see, I have been playing games for a LONG time. Even before I got a computer, I was a kid who spent so much time in the video arcade… I remember playing Space Invaders, Battlezone, Pac Man, Asteroids, Centipede and Crystal Castles…. so many.

We must be around the same age. I played those at the arcade and the Atari 2600.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Recently I played saints row the third. I beat the last of us last week, and have now started BioShock infinite.
  • old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    Dungeon of the Endless. I feel like I'm cheated all these years. I knew. I knew a game can be developped. I knew graphics can be done without chip politics.

For those who did not gave up on VG. Your prize has come.
    Game is a little buggy and rarely crashes. But it is recently been released. Don't forget to `not look` to any tips hints spoilers and walkthroughs by the way. It's considered a good game to be ruined.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    CoryNewb said:

Recently I played saints row the third. I beat the last of us last week, and have now started BioShock infinite.

I beat BioShock infinite, and am playing IWD now. I recently played the Stanley parable and have been working through shovel knight.
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    NWN 1 & 2 , Etherlords 2 , Diablo, Guild Wars ,Mortal Kombat
  • alastair93alastair93 Member Posts: 117
    I'm more than a little bit addicted to Halo 4.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,328
    I like historical strategy games. Pacific War: Admiral's Edition is my favorite. Battle Academy, Panzer General and Civilization III are other favorites.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Well, right now, I'm switching between, IWD:EE, Dragon Age: Origins, and Tales of Aravorn: Seasons of the Wolf.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    In these last months I'm in a retro-gaming marathon, both old games and old graphic style games:
    Replayed Hidden & Dangerous 2, uber modded Deus Ex, Supreme Commander, Gothic 3 (what a mess), Hexen, lots of old Nintendo titles.
    Played Hammerwatch, Hero Siege, Retro City Rampage, Risk of Rain, Inquisitor, La Mulana, Towns, Gnomoria, and many others I can't remember right now.

Now I'm replaying an old classic: System Shock 2, with a good bunch of graphic and stability mods, with hi-res textures and all, pretty enjoyable, challenging and fun after all these years! :D
    @Metalloman then I recommend you that game. Dungeon of the Endless.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Oh! I already own it! It's just waiting to be played! ;D
    I'll bet you're gonna fail in your first attempt :). And don't select "too easy" please , I don't know though it might be hard as well. And no looking around for hints etc. There is no fun in it then.The game itself has a little hint section of course , you read it , but then... then it just leaves you in cold :) I remember I throw some games out just to learn something.

I was so close THIS close to winning and I lost it because of my scrimpiness. I played like more than 40 or so and all I lost , I lost because of it. I bought the game and went the night sleepless that day. A good game if you like to do anything you want , feel to be winning , and if you lose , to see how easy that was and you know it's your fault. People said my face was pale white when I'm playing. It literally challenges you.

It's a permadeath game. Like FTL. But it is "semi" turn-based. So you can not blame your mouse for it :D

---

I recently played Alien Isolation too. The game had the best smoke effects I've seen. And very good thriller action. But the story put out was blunt. Though Alien fans might love it , I agree. I just become too OP , and I don't like that in games. I want to have fun till the finish line.
  • InvictusCobraInvictusCobra Member Posts: 108

---

I recently played Alien Isolation too. The game had the best smoke effects I've seen. And very good thriller action. But the story put out was blunt. Though Alien fans might love it , I agree. I just become too OP , and I don't like that in games. I want to have fun till the finish line.

I've been playing Alien: Isolation as well. Game is being a bit frustrating but I guess it's because I thought it was gonna be like Amnesia (general concept is the same, but games are different). I am liking it though, but the music is a bit exaggerated sometimes. I also finished the Evil Within just now.
    go Major !
  • Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel Member Posts: 197
    edited February 2015
    I have many in the "other" category. Starting with the classic 1980s/1990s Sierra games (it all began with the IBM PCjr version of King's Quest) such as the KQ series (7 is my least favorite), Space Quest, Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry (up to 'Love For Sale', rest do not count), Hero's Quest / Quest for Glory (my favorite RPG series) and the Gabriel Knight trilogy; Myst series, Half-Life 1 and 2 (where is 3?!), Sim City, Sim City 2000, Spore, Duke Nukem 3D (and yes, DN4E), Prince of Persia games (I wish I could get PoP 3D working right on my computer), the Tomb Raider games, especially the Core Design era TR games, 24 The Game (unfortunately only for the Playstation 2), King's Field IV: The Ancient City (also for the PS2)... a game called Rune that came out in the early 2000s, The Longest Journey, The Journeyman Project trilogy and others I cannot remember at the moment. One game I am looking forward to that is coming out later this year is 'Kingdom Come: Deliverance'.
    Post edited by Wandering_Minstrel on
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited February 2015
    Online:
    Dota 2

Offline/Online:
    HOMM3
    NWN&NWN2

Offline:
    Kotor
    DAO

And some other stuff occasionally
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Mass Effect series because well its one hell of a series.
    Something I will most definitely replay for the umpteenth time at some point in the far future.
    Yes I know 3 had a weak ending and that was enough for alot of people to shun the series and the universe in its entirety, but I shall defend this series to the end of time if needs be.
    Yes the ending was weak and left me feeling meh and that does detract for the game as a whole, but it does not write off the previous 80+ hours I spent on the game.
    There where some really great moments in ME3, memorable moments, the quarians retaking their homeworld, the genophage being cured and man oh man, when Mordin died I cried like a little girl.
    So yeah Mass Effect cause its got the most interesting sci fi world ive ever had the pleasure of visiting for a few weeks at a time.
    Series that really should be on your list Witcher and Dragon Age, I would chose both over Mass Effect any day.
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    can't wait for hotline miami 2
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I'm not getting this "Poll". I play most of what is on the list with special emphasis on The Elder Scrolls, the Fallout Series, the first two Diablo games and the first two Mass effect games. I also am currently madly obsessing about Dark Souls. I also play Shadow of Mordor, which is an EXCELLENT game if you have a mind for something like that. Dragon Age should be on the poll as well.

But it's more of a This AND this AND That rather than a pick one. Just in my view.