Skip to content

What is known?

WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
What information is confirmed about IWD so far?
- fixed bugs
- better multiplayer
- new options previously seen in BGEE

Has any other new information come to light?

Edit:
- new kits first kind of confirmed and then denied?

Thank you for this @bengoshi‌ :
bengoshi said:

elminster said:

Announced Mods

- elminster (yea me you got a problem with self promotion? :p) will be releasing a kitpack upon release that will contain at least 5 new mod kits, 4 of which have never been implemented in any BG2/BGEE/BG2EE mod release. One of which is exclusive to halflings only.

HAHA, no problem at all :) In fact, as soon as it will be ready, you'll get not only *self* promotions.

On topic (I've decided to check the forum so that we indeed have everything mentioned in this thread:

- 60 new items, - can be added the following:

CamDawg: there are some restored journals as part of the UB item restorations. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/557797/#Comment_557797

CamDawg: In IWD, elven chain also has undisclosed thieving penalties; IWDEE adds the penalties to the description.
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/549147/#Comment_549147

Classes - can be added the following:

AlexT: The unkitted bard gets all the songs from the original Icewind Dale. The Blade kit only gets the first song. The other kits retain their own specific songs and don't get any of the IWD songs. http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/538591/#Comment_538591

Spells - can be added the following:

CamDawg: The imported Cure Medium Wounds no longer works on extraplanars, just like the other IWD healing spells, for example. Where both IWD and BG2 had the same spell we've used the IWD version, e.g. Cure Disease now has the 5 HP healing that it does in IWD.
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/542042/#Comment_542042
Post edited by Wowo on
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    *Naught
    elminster
    That doesn't actually seem like much of an enhanced edition?

At least compared to BGEE ...
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Love that wing buffet in my custom weapons.
    jackjackCrevsDaak

The ability to have more racial choices, kits, and opcodes like Wing Buffet or Decrementing Bounce Spell is more than EE enough.

Maybe it's the pricing that I disagree with. I will actually think about whether I buy it on ipad as BG are each cheaper though with IAPs to bring it up to the $20 if desired.

If anything I think this one should cost less, not more.
  • nosecretnosecret Member Posts: 92
    elminster said:

Availability

- With Steamplay, when you buy the game on Steam you can install it on Mac, Linux, or Windows.

wait... like native binary through Steam or Wine+Steam for windows?

I play the via latter now because that's my option, but would love to be able to use Steam for Linux... hell, or even native binaries without steam, for that matter.
    CrevsDaak
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    nosecret said:

elminster said:

Availability

- With Steamplay, when you buy the game on Steam you can install it on Mac, Linux, or Windows.

wait... like native binary through Steam or Wine+Steam for windows?

I play the via latter now because that's my option, but would love to be able to use Steam for Linux... hell, or even native binaries without steam, for that matter.
    Unfortunately I don't have a definitive answer for you though it is a good question. That section of my post is basically just copying the main website.
    CrevsDaak
  • CrypticWizardCrypticWizard Member Posts: 10
    Is it going to include the Heart Of Winter expansion?
    For instance, Bioshock is $20. I don't think IWDee compares to that.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Is it going to include the Heart Of Winter expansion?

Heart of winter and Trials of the Luremaster
    jackjackkaguanaCrevsDaaklolien
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Anyone knows if the 9 kits per class limitation still persists in IWD:EE's engine? I really hope this was removed, since I like to play custom kits in addition to the original ones.
    NimranGrammarsaladbooinyoureyes
  • FinellachFinellach Member Posts: 36
    Wowo said:

That doesn't actually seem like much of an enhanced edition?

At least compared to BGEE ...

The original game just like BG1 vanilla had no kits at all. Adding kits is more than EE IMO. Plus if they are going to add bunch of new items and several new quests that sounds more than fine to me.

Anyone knows if the 9 kits per class limitation still persists in IWD:EE's engine? I really hope this was removed, since I like to play custom kits in addition to the original ones.

Yes. It's the same engine. The good old Infinity.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Biowho?
    VarwulfkaguanaGod
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Probably not.
    [Deleted User]NimranRAM021
  • CrypticWizardCrypticWizard Member Posts: 10
    I've never even heard of BioShock.

Looking forward to IWD:EE. Of course, I'm still working my way through BG:EE. I will probably be investing in BG2:EE eventually, as well.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    "I could say something. But I'm not gonna~"
    "Wait, what?"
    "OK, are you suuuuure?"
    What is this, Kindergarten?
    CrevsDaak
    edited September 2014
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    Sergio said:

no it's worse. :D

Anyway, you are right, we should compare beamdog to Bethesda.

In the sense that they were able to succeed having as many bugs in their product as Skyrim with 1\1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 the content

And yet I've happily played and completed BGEE several times, and have embarked upon BG2EE more than a few times and thoroughly enjoyed it (thus far), and am eagerly anticipating IWDEE, and yet I played Skyrim for less than a week, before putting it away in my games cupboard, from where it hasn't seen the light of day since!

Its a funny old world!
    VarwulfCrevsDaak
    edited September 2014