Skip to content

What is known?

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @mlnevese‌ You can try that ;)
    JuliusBorisov
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    kaguana said:

But @Nimran‌ in 2000 years @elminster‌ will be 2000 years older then he is now ;)

Yeh, that's the loophole in Edwin's argument. For a genius, he's really not that smart.
    JuliusBorisovkaguanakcwisebooinyoureyes
    Nimran said:

kaguana said:

But @Nimran‌ in 2000 years @elminster‌ will be 2000 years older then he is now ;)

Yeh, that's the loophole in Edwin's argument. For a genius, he's really not that smart.
    I think someone explain it around the forum don't remember who but intelligent don't make you smart it is wisdom that does and well Edwin's wisdom hmmm not good isn't even a word for it in other words Edwin is dumb
    kcwiseNimranDragonspearJuliusBorisov
    Time is relative ahh but still they live in the same world the time pass the same for both of them so if Edwin will have 2000 years more so will Elminster that a simple logic.

Beside Edwin is dumb, going after Elminster was a stupid thing to do and then after the battle when he become a woman he doesn't seek help to change the spell again, he just stay grumpy woman
    kcwisebooinyoureyes
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Place Elminster in a ship flying close to the speed of light... Relativity will do the job :-)
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovbooinyoureyesPibaro
  • LordInsaneLordInsane Member Posts: 38
    kaguana said:

Time is relative ahh but still they live in the same world the time pass the same for both of them so if Edwin will have 2000 years more so will Elminster that a simple logic.

Beside Edwin is dumb, going after Elminster was a stupid thing to do and then after the battle when he become a woman he doesn't seek help to change the spell again, he just stay grumpy woman
    It is simple logic. Unfortunately, it is too simple: it does not take into account the fact that nothing says Edwin or Elminster will stay in the same world (this is a setting where interplanar travel is a fact, and not all planar areas have time pass at the same rate, after all).
    Now, obviously Edwin isn't wise enough to give himself 2000 years more by such planar shenanigans before going after Elminster...
    kcwisebooinyoureyes
    Like I said Edwin is dumb!
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    kaguana said:

Like I said Edwin is dumb!

And that's final! ;)
    kaguanakcwiseJuliusBorisovbooinyoureyes
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2014
    Haha posted this in the wrong thread.
    Post edited by elminster on
    atcDavekcwise
  • SkieSkie Member Posts: 90
    edited October 2014
    Should be sticky. Glad to see half-orcs!
    Shame there's still no GOG option :(
    kcwise
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    What's the deal with the new kits?

First we see them mentioned in the article.

Second we see @CamDawg‌ kind of maybe confirm that he had a hand in the new kits.

Finally a tweet from @TrentOster‌ indicates that there are no new kits and it's just the original ones?!

What gives?
    booinyoureyesjackjackkcwise
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Dee said:

Certainly does look like there was a miscommunication somewhere.

I can tell you that there is at least one new kit that has never been seen before. The vast majority of the kits are from BGII:EE, though.

I really hope it is something totally new as opposed to the Cleric of Tyr (which I plan on using!!)

@Dee‌
    Are there any plans to maybe add kits to the game in a patch the way that the Dwarven Defender and Dragon Disciple were added to Baldur's Gate 1 EE? Cuz that would be awesome.

I honestly think new kits are one of the most exciting enhancements for many people who pre-ordered the game or plan on buying it at a later date. It would be a huge boost for my morale at least.
    JuliusBorisovjackjackkcwise
    @elminster‌ wow, I didn't even know you made mods! We've both been here forever but somehow I never picked up on that... I am super pumped for your kits and will try them out immediately upon release.
    I just looked around and found out you are also releasing an NPC mod for BG1EE. Please tell me when it is released, look forward to trying it out.
    I'm really looking forward to your kit mod, and like surprises, but give me one little clue about one of the kits (I'm super hoping for it to be a druid, bard or ranger kit)
    JuliusBorisovelminsterjackjackkcwise
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 892
    elminster said:

One of them is exclusively usable by halflings.

If it's the Whistler, I'm out. LOL.
    elminsterkcwise
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I'm gonna guess Leaftender :D
    kcwisebooinyoureyesJuliusBorisovlolien
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    In regards to the new kits confusion, is it possible that the next big BG2:EE patch is going to add new kits and that's why they won't technically be new when IWD is released? All the kits in IWD:EE are from BG2:EE, but some of those kits aren't in BG2:EE yet? Wild speculation on my part.
    booinyoureyesjackjackJuliusBorisov
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    Possible I guess... But from what I gathered IWD will be released before the patch... So I don't know.
    booinyoureyesjackjack
    jackjack said:

I'm gonna guess Leaftender :D

100% haha
    jackjackJuliusBorisovlolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @Bengoshi thanks for that. I updated it.
    JuliusBorisovkaguanalolienjackjack
  • RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    I noticed that there is going to be Heart of fury included in the EE. Anyone know if the difficulty has its own set of weapons?

I like a challenge but i also like feeling like I'm working towards something (preferably gear) other than just the knowledge that i beat it.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    @Riolathel‌

It wasn't a case in the vanilla game and I think it won't be in IWDEE neither. So, no special items in the HoF mode.
    lolienkcwisejackjack
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    It was IWD2 that improved various weapons in HoF mode then. Okay, It's been so long I had thought that was the case in the original as well.
    JuliusBorisov