Skip to content

Find Familiar in IWD:EE

2»

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    So that's... +40 to attacks, damage, and AC for the one non-bard and the familiars, yes? I think that wins the powergaming contest.
    booinyoureyesJuliusBorisov
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    So do normal bard songs stack then too or am I mistaken?
    booinyoureyes
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Varwulf said:

So do normal bard songs stack then too or am I mistaken?

Yeah, iirc it was part of the 'omg Khalid is overpowered if you have Eldoth and Garrick both singing' strat that made Khalid so powerful everyone just started hating him.

But seriously, I think they do, but most arent very worth stacking. Luck could be funny though, if it stacked.
    Quartz
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Jarrakul said:

So that's... +40 to attacks, damage, and AC for the one non-bard and the familiars, yes? I think that wins the powergaming contest.

Bards... Powergaming... who would've thought?

However, one thing that should be kept in mind is the summoning limit. Having all six PCs cast Find Familiar already maxes it out (In Icewind Dale, the summoning limit is 6, not 5, I think.) I don't think you could get any Mislead copies after that. However, if they put Simulacrum in the game and don't change Simulacrum's no summoning limit rule, you could do some crazy things (though bards can't cast that spell except with a scroll).
    JuliusBorisov
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited September 2014
    CaloNord said:

Still, I'd love to cavort around with a cabal of evil wizards with familiars. . .

/Off Topic

I knew this looked familiar.

(Classic Thrash Metal Band)
    booinyoureyesQuartzPibaroJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Bards in iwd HoW get up to level 8 spells though they'll come very late.
    jackjackbooinyoureyes
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited September 2014
    wow... gonna get two Jesters, two Skalds and two vanilla bards... mislead, simulacrum...
    We could have War Chant of the Sith, Skald Song, Jester Song, Ballad of Three Heroes, Tymora's Melody, Tale of Curran Strongheart, Song of Kaudies and The Siren's Yearning going all at once
    All to buff up our six familiars, summoned berserkers from the horn and other summons. Plus debuff our enemies. 6 Pseudodragons do one million damage and are immune to everything. Bring it Yxunomei
    jackjackkcwiseThe_New_RomanceJuliusBorisov
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I dont think Familiars count as summons, but I could be wrong.
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • Aozgolo108Aozgolo108 Member Posts: 79
    People do challenge playthroughs for a reason: There is no such thing as a perfectly balanced game. I see no issue allowing all mages in the party to have Find Familiar, because it's an opt-in sort of difficulty check, with the Class Kits of BGII in a fully moddable 6 person party I can't see Find Familiar being THE most uber possible combination. There is bound to be a sliding scale of challenge implemented, and I fail to see how the addition of Find Familiar is going to somehow make an all mage party necessarily superior to a more balanced party.
    jackjackkcwiseNimranSwordsNotWords
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I will create the Ferret Force Five. Five sorcerers with ferret familiars, plus Noober, will rock the Dale.
    kcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Nimran said:

I will create the Ferret Force Five. Five sorcerers with ferret familiars, plus Noober, will rock the Dale.

Go for it! Have fun ferreting out who is responsible for the disturbances in the pass!
    NimrankcwiseJuliusBorisov