Skip to content

Items you would like to see...

Just lightheardedly musing on weapons/ items that I'd like to see introduced to the game, whether for RP, balance or outright power reasons.
Feel free to join in.

1) The Main-Gauche
Dagger +3
Equipped effects:
Increases APR by 1
Increases AC by 2

To my mind, a dagger should be amongst the best available off-hand choices... Maybe it could be won from a one on one combat against a lairy swashbuckler?

2) The Longbow of Ever-Firing +4 Arrows!

Ok, so I accept that the name needs work, but the game's crying out for an infinite ammo longbow!

3) Javelins
Non-magical throwing spears that can be wielded as single-handed melee spears (maybe with reduced damage), and also thrown like axes/daggers.

4) Hoods
My rogues & rangers want some more headgear options!

I know such things are unlikely, but a boy can dream.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I want items that could give Etherealness and/or Wraithform. I dunno why, but it sreems pretty cool to me.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Blimey, @CrevsDaak - your protagonist can gain permanent etherealness in the Hell tests, and you've already got Aslyferund Elven Chain +5 for permanent etherealness on one other character, and the Boots of Etherealness for temporary bursts of etherealness on a third character ... how much more do you want?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Gallowglass‌ but there are no Etherealness items in BG1 :/
    And no Wraithform items in any of the games :/
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    CrevsDaak said:

@Gallowglass‌ but there are no Etherealness items in BG1 :/
    And no Wraithform items in any of the games :/

Etherealness would be way over-powered for most of BG1, hardly any of the "ordinary enemies" would be able to hit you at all, so most encounters in the first 5 chapters would become trivial and pointless. But in chapter 6 of BG1ee, you can find a Wraithform scroll ... even though, perhaps oddly, the Wraithform spell doesn't seem to be included in BG2ee.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Spears. I think spears may be the most garbage weapon proficiency in the game, beating even clubs. And that sucks, considering how they rank top 5 in my favorite weapon types.

Wakizashis, because dual-wielding katanas is stupid.

At least one longbow which doesn't need ammo.

Leather armor which allows spellcasting. My thieves want to look classy, not like pansy elves with their elven chain (I actually love FR elves, but you know this is true)

More combat-oriented quarterstaves. It sucks how the Staff of the Ram is an amazing melee weapon, but you have to make do with garbage until you get it.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I always enabled the Wraithform and Dimension Door spells in BG. It isn't my mage's fault that no one can hit him when he is using that spell.

At one time I had created a Robe of Acid Resistance (seriously--why is this one missing?) and then had Thalantyr set up where he would take all four elemental resistance robes form you and fuse them into one robe that granted all the resistances.

I have all clubs set so that mages may also use them by taking club as a weapon proficiency. The description of club clearly states "anyone can find a good stout piece of wood and swing it".

I like spears, as well, @Artemius_I‌. Rather than a longbow which needs no ammunition, how about an atlatl that magically creates spears that you throw? We could set it to allow the strength bonus for more damage.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    The pink fuzzy slippers of Rassilon.

They would of course work like big iron boots of the cheetah, offering enhanced movement. But they would also add an armor value, and be a fashion statement too boot...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    speaking of spears, there is a wicked spear in bg2 called "impaler" infact i had many a barbarian run where his whole purpose was to use that spear, +10 extra piercing damage per hit is pretty badass, and then in the drow city there is the spear of withering +4 that poisons every hit, and even in bgee they added the spear+2 and the cursed one +3 ( although i dont think you will be using that one too much)
  • Hand and eye of vecna.

Will probably make mages even more overpowered though :)
  • Should be cursed like the claw of kazgaroth and take stats from the user when equipped(which according to the wiki must be a pretty gruesome experience). Perfect for an evil spellcaster!
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Hand and eye of vecna.

Wand of Orcus... >:D!
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

Hand and eye of vecna.

Wand of Orcus... >:D!
    But what will Orcus scratch his back with?
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    Throwing spears/javelin/pilum, whatever. I know it's been mentioned but these would be really cool, especially if you could use them with shields.

Teleport potion. When drank it teleports you to a random location on the map.
    Traps that anyone can use. They'd have to be rare and heavy. Maybe an NPC could craft them.
    Food/rations. Applies a slow regen effect. Mostly useless in combat but will increase healing when you rest.

@Artemius_I‌
    Wakizashis are already in game.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    DreadKhan said:

BG1 needs ioun stones. Even if very expensive for crummy effect, still totally worthwhile. Like 5k gp for an Ioun stone that takes up the head slot and provides +1 ac vs missiles.

I know what you mean... I hate empty slots!
    Mundane belts/ boots/ gloves/ cloaks/ hoods ftw!
  • More bastard swords. Foebane is great but it's the only one.

The Truestriker
    +4
    Improves critical hit range by 3
    On Critical Hit: 25% to cast Implosion on target

:)

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Lilacor upgrades through ToB, ending in +12 hackmaster right before the final battle when the ravager drops the final part for cespenar.
    ...And his mother never thought he'd amount to more than a butterknife!
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    Scythes? /Filler
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    edited September 2014
    DreadKhan said:

Cudgel of Pithy Wisdom

You should make this!

Black heart of Kazgaroth Only usable by Evil Clerics, If a Druid equips it, he will be Feebleminded.
    Moon of Selune
    The Moon of Selune is a peculiar flail, with a smooth silver head, and is heavier than one would expect. Selunites have long stood firm against the depredation of lycanthropes, but he warrior priests were often stymied by the most powerful lycanthropes legendary toughness. One priestess, having lost far too many allies to the foul beasts crafted this powerful flail to aid her cause. When used against a shapeshifter, he flail is encased in silvery fire, and its effects are devestating.

THAC0 +2, +4 vs Shapeshifters
    Damage 1d8+3, +5 vs Shapeshifters
    Speedfactor 10
    Can injure shapeshifters and lycanthropes regardless of damage reduction

The d8 is to represent the density of the silver alloy head. I think we could use a cleric weapon to fight certain lycanthropes though. ;)