Skip to content

Items you would like to see...

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

Hand and eye of vecna.

Will probably make mages even more overpowered though :)

Apparently, someone tried to pawn off 'The skull of vecna'. The story goes that two groups of adventurers were sent off looking for this arcane artifact. When one group presented the other group with a skull, the second group promptly decapitated one of their own to 'replace' his head with The skull. When that didn't work the first time, they did it again "just to be sure". The other team laughed their heads off (pun intended).

Can't remember where I heard that story, but I laugh every time someone mentions the hand and the eye.
    One ripped the skull out of the other's head and beat him to death with it.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited September 2014
    DreadKhan said:

Hand and eye of vecna.

Will probably make mages even more overpowered though :)

Wand of Orcus... >:D!
    But what will Orcus scratch his back with?
    MY FISTS!
    Mister Body Massage Man... Go!
    JuliusBorisovbooinyoureyeslolien
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Arquebus (From the AD&D 2nd Edition Arms and Equipment Guide)

Cost: 500
    Weight: 10
    Size: M
    Type: Piercing
    Speed Factor: 15
    Damage: 1d10 (see below for special considerations)

The musket arquebus is loaded by pouring smoke powder from a flask or horn into the muzzle and firmly packing it with a piece of paper. The projectile, an iron ball, is rammed in after this. Once the barrel is ready, the pan is filled with smoke powder, the pan's cover is closed, and a burning slow-match is placed in the mechanism called the serpentine. Pressure on a metal plate releases the serpentine into the pan, and BOOM!

The arquebus is a very dangerous instrument, nearly as dangerous to the user as to the target. In order to reload, the gunner has to hold the smoldering slow-match in his left hand while reloading with his right. A slow-match burns for eight rounds.

An arquebus can be fired only once every three rounds providing the character is not being attacked while loading. Treat the gunner the same as a spellcaster casting a very long spell. When firing an arquebus, all range penalties are doubled.

If an arquebus attack roll is a 1 or a 2, the gun backfires, inflicting 1d6 points of damage to the gunner. It is also fouled and cannot be used until cleaned, a process which takes at least 30 minutes.

When an arquebus scores a hit, it does 1-9 points of damage on a 1d10. If a 10 is rolled, the die is rolled again and this amount is added to the 10. Each time a ten is rolled, the die is rolled again and added to the total.
    JuliusBorisovRAM021booinyoureyeslolien
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Horn of freedom, quick slot item.

Immunity to maze and imprisonment
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307

AoE for ultimate cheese!
    CrevsDaak
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    abacus said:

3) Javelins
    Non-magical throwing spears that can be wielded as single-handed melee spears (maybe with reduced damage), and also thrown like axes/daggers.

The Spartan blood in me agrees one million percent. Would LOVE these.
    lolienTheGraveDigger
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited September 2014

Talisman of Freedom (cursed)

When activated it grants temporary immunity to imprisonment, by instead mazing everyone in its area of effect (no save allowed and it bypasses magic resistance).
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    A bag of holding, please. As simple as
    lolienkcwiseelminster
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    Arcane casters get all the love in BG. I think clerics need an item which either boosts spellcasting speed, or grants permanent improved alacrity, or both. Particularly as a large number of divine spells take the full 10/10 to cast. Yes there's the amulet of power, and the light drow armor, which work for both mages & clerics, but mages get the robe of Venca, plus the improved alacrity spell to make it even more powerful. All the cleric would get is a slightly lowered chance of spell disruption, and a better chance of that heal landing before your meatshield cashes in.

For that matter, Devas need some boosting as well. No-one will EVER choose a deva over a planetar, because they're rubbish. Planetars get 3 heal spells, while devas get a couple of cure medium wounds? Planetars get a vorpal mace, devas get .. well who actually cares? If the heal was removed from the planetar and added to the deva, you would have to make an actual tactical choice between the two.

abacus said:

3) Javelins
    Non-magical throwing spears that can be wielded as single-handed melee spears (maybe with reduced damage), and also thrown like axes/daggers.

The Spartan blood in me agrees one million percent. Would LOVE these.
    The poison encounter from the old Tactics mod had a throwing spear as its drop. Massively overpowered, I seem to remember +4 or +5, plus poison damage, I reskilled Mazzy with 5* in spears and she became extremely deadly with it. The fight itself is cheesily tough, you ARE going to die the first time you try it. Then once you form a strategy to survive the initial onslaught, you WILL die when the others finally amble over and poison your ass. Fun times.
    kcwisebooinyoureyes
  • The javelin does not use the melee component. I tryed to edit, but without succes si far.
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    Right-click the javelin while it's equipped to select attack modes.
    NimranRAM021
  • Is that also true for the trowing axe and dagger?

I should know better after 15 years of playing.

I thought it was auto switching depending on range.
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403

Is that also true for the trowing axe and dagger?

I should know better after 15 years of playing.

I thought it was auto switching depending on range.

It is for axes anyway...
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    RAM021SCARY_WIZARDlolien
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I'd like to see more variety in magical ranged ammuntion. +5 and +6 bolts, arrows, slingstones, etc. would be nice for ToB, but it would also be great to see some other unique spell effects on ammo (Slingstones of Petrification!). Here are two from the pen and paper side of things I'd like to see:

Antimagic Arrow:
    Grants a +2 bonus on attack rolls but does not damage the target. Instead, the arrow negates all magic within a 10 foot radius of the target for 3D10 rounds. Magical items are rendered inert for the duration, all spells cast by, on, or around the target are dispelled, and illusions of all sorts are nullified. Spellcasters within the 10 feet are unable to cast for the duration of the effect. Only one such arrow of this type is found at a time, in this case that would be one for the whole game I think. I can see this being a fun alternative for those who hate the spell/counterspell dance of BG 2, and not a guaranteed dispel since you have to hit the target first (Archers would love this arrow).

Dart of Hornet's Nest:
    Once thrown the dart multiplies in the air. Percentile dice are rolled to determine attack bonus (+1 to +4) and number of darts (2d4 to 5d4). A great choice for dart masters.
    SCARY_WIZARDlolienJuliusBorisov
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Rapiers would be cool. really cool. Could play a swashbuckler like they were intended to
    lolienRAM021kcwise
  • TvrtkoSvrdlarTvrtkoSvrdlar Member Posts: 353
    I'd like more ioun stones for mages.

That, and maybe some more power figurine animals like Kitthix.
    RAM021kcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    @artificial_sunlight‌ how are you planning on modding the bashing shields? maybe you could do 10% chance of attacker taking 1d10 crushing damage when he hits the wielder or something?
    kcwise
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    Yes @simples‌ on keldorns sword is an effect like that. A bashing smal shield (crushing damage) and a spiked buckler are things I like to do.
    DreadKhankcwise
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

Yes @simples‌ on keldorns sword is an effect like that. A bashing smal shield (crushing damage) and a spiked buckler are things I like to do.

Ever try Gladius? There were shields that had negative effects if an enemy's attack was blocked by the shield... I remember a poison spiked shield and a razor edged shield that caused bleeding. ;)
    kcwiseNimran
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    DreadKhan said:

Ever try Gladius? There were shields that had negative effects if an enemy's attack was blocked by the shield... I remember a poison spiked shield and a razor edged shield that caused bleeding. ;)
    +1 for Gladius reference.
    DreadKhanJuliusBorisovkcwise
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Nimran said:

DreadKhan said:

+1 for Gladius reference.
    I see you! *blasts with eye beam*

I have serious love for some features/options in that game, really loved abusing Cover Area. :D
    NimranJuliusBorisovkcwise
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    I see that last gif.. but it just makes me hear Take That, Back for Good, play over again in my head..
    simplesJuliusBorisovkcwise