Skip to content

[MOD] Improved Archer Kit (for BGEE, BG2EE, IWD:EE and original BG2/BGT)

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    argent77 said:

The key problem is effect opcode 62. It is possible to eliminate all available spell slots. But if, for some reason (e.g. by altering the spell progression table), the resulting slot count is negative, it wraps around and gives you 12 spell slots instead.

I guess I have to stick with the restrictions suggested in the previous posts.

I see. Well, you can still eliminate spells known(?)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Yes. However, even that isn't foolproof as mods can add their own spells to the list. The only part left that can't be bypassed so easily is disabling the spellcasting button. But this alone will most likely confuse players more than anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Great idea. I haven't tried that one yet. (It's opcode 145 btw.)
    Opcode 145 appears to work differently than expected. You're still able to memorize spells, but they are grayed out in the player's toolbar when clicking on the spellcasting button which makes this opcode redundant if you disable the spellcasting button as well. :(
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    then maybe you could keep the casting but make some of his special abilities into spells so that players would effectively be forced to memorize those and his druid spellcasting would rarely come into play - for example arrow creation.
    This might work. Although not in the usual way, as you can only filter priest spells very generically by cleric/paladin or ranger/druid. It may be possible to add it via CLABxxx.2DA entries though. I have to test it first.
    argent77 said:

This might work. Although not in the usual way, as you can only filter priest spells very generically by cleric/paladin or ranger/druid. It may be possible to add it via CLABxxx.2DA entries though. I have to test it first.

I have added spells know numerous times (as GA_xxx). I believe one of the vanilla kits--a druid kit I think--adds spells this way, so I think it's pretty legit
    Yes, it's working. I had to make some level adjustments, but that's probably a ranger-specific trait.
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    The Inquisitor doesn't cast spells. It looks like they used opcode 144 for it and disabled #2, spell selection button. Is there something I am missing regarding that?
    Opcode 144 only disables the spellcasting button, you can still memorize spells however. The Inquisitor's inability to memorize spells (or more specifically the disabled spell selection screen) is most likely hardcoded.
    argent77 said:

Opcode 144 only disables the spellcasting button, you can still memorize spells however. The Inquisitor's inability to memorize spells (or more specifically the disabled spell selection screen) is most likely hardcoded.

Maybe you can use the inquisitors usability flag?
    I don't know if it's worth the trouble for a small number of low-level priest spells (which even lag behind by 8 character levels). Adding the disadvantages mentioned in the previous posts are probably sufficient enough to counterbalance the advantages. Converting the ammo creation abilities into regular spells will also help.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @argent77 Could you please move download/code to GitHub?
    @ALIEN I had planned to publish it on SHS Forums with the next release (which may still take a long time to be finished), but I can already upload the current version if there is a need for it.
    @argent77 There aren't many kits for BG1EE so i wanted to add it to BWS. Could you be so kind to fill this template also ? http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58006-big-world-setup-mod-request-template/
    Thanks!
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    @argent77, nice mod. Now I know, who my Korin from IWD NPC 5.0 would be)) Here is the russian translation for your mod, made by me today)
    @Saigon1983 Thanks for the translation files. Can you provide a translation for the setup.tra as well or should I use the english version instead?

Can you also translate the following line for the BWS config?
    This mod improves the Archer kit by rebalancing kit-specific attributes and adding several unique innate abilities and HLAs. A separate component allows you to acquire more powerful bows, bolts and arrows.
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    Этот мод улучшает кит Лучника, слегка меняя баланс и добавляя несколько уникальных способностей и высокоуровневых навыков. Отдельный дополнительный компонент позволяет добавить в игру пару мощных луков, зачарованные стрелы и арбалетные болты.

@argent77, I'm not sure, if it be go good to translate setup.tra, because of encoding problems... UTF-8, 1251, ASCII... and always have some scribbles in command window... No, let it will be in english
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    I don't see why, but is there any reason this wouldn't work with BG/BG2EE v2.0+? I'm finally going to be updating from v1.3, and I'm going through and downloading the most up-to-date versions of all the mods I use.
    I didn't have the time to thoroughly test it on v2.0 patched games yet, but a quick test on BG2:EE didn't reveal any incompatibilities.
  • mortimermcmiremortimermcmire Member Posts: 4
    I've got 2.1 with SoD and it's wicked broken even in regular BGEE. BG2EE works fine though.
    @mortimermcmire From what I've seen there is only an issue with the in-game class description which displays the original text instead of the new one. Make sure to execute the modmerge tool before installing any mods if you have purchased your SoD expansion from GOG or Steam.

However, the upcoming WeiDU version v240 will cause more compatibility issues with SoD. I'll release a new version of this mod soon.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Hello :)
    Attached the Italian translation of this nice mod.
    Should you add new stuff or strings in the future, just summon me and I will gladly update the translation.
    Thank you very much for your modding activity!
    Thanks a lot for the translations. They will be available in the next release.
  • mortimermcmiremortimermcmire Member Posts: 4
    This mod works fine I'm just dumb and didn't configure things correctly. Thanks for the help. The spells it gives you if you have a broken setup are really neat though.
    edited August 2016

New beta release: Improved Archer Kit v2.2-beta1 (outdated)

This release can be considered stable content-wise. I have labeled it as beta since the WeiDU installer required to install the mod is currently only available as beta. Windows and Mac OS X installers are included. The GNU/Linux version of WeiDU can be found here.

New in this version:
    • Added Siege of Dragonspear support
    • Improved compatibility with Enhanced Edition games v2.x
    • Added custom portrait icons for shot abilities in Enhanced Edition games v2.x
    • Added Italian translation (Thanks @Aedan )
    Post edited by argent77 on
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    Thanks for the hard work @argent77!