Skip to content

When is the BG2ee 1.3 patch coming out?

123457»

Comments

• Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited December 2014
    This has been edited to reflect new info:
    @Lcacdriver‌ as dee and others have mentioned the android (& linux, iphone) release of bg2ee will coincide with the release of the 1.3 patch.

The android beta has been cancled...
    Post edited by Cr4zyJ on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317

elminster said:

@Lcacdriver‌ well you have your answer. Looks like it will be (but only for some people).

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/584814/#Comment_584814

Yes, but @Dee avoided mention of Android....hopefully he or someone answers up about that.
    In retrospect I actually meant to tag @Messi and @Doubledimas since the post is really regarding the beta patch and steam more than anything :)
    edited December 2014
    elminster said:

retrospect I actually meant to tag @Messi and @Doubledimas since the post is really regarding the beta patch and steam more than anything :)

Theres a special place in the nine hells for double posters and mistaggers. They put them next to the jaywalkers, people who dont put the full amount of change in the parking meter for the time they use, people who tell people who are talking in movies to "shhhh" even louder than the people who were talking, people who stick their gum in wierd places in public, and people that pay for large items with all change. I think its the lobby, actually. You should still be ashamed of youself!!!!

Really, i just wanted to harrass someone :)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

You really shouldn't say things like that. 9 months from now you'll come here, quote yourself and go "Damn. Was I spot on or what?" and I'll hate you soooo much for it.

Oh, I'm already there. One of the devs came at me in July for venting about the state of BG2:EE, and I said something to the effect of "Tell ya what, you put up with my criticism and I'll put up with not being able to play this game properly until 2015." The dev's response went along the lines of "Oh, I really don't think 2015 is accurate."

It's looking pretty damn accurate now, though. So... yeah. :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited December 2014
    Cr4zyJ said:

elminster said:

retrospect I actually meant to tag @Messi and @Doubledimas since the post is really regarding the beta patch and steam more than anything :)

There's a special place in the nine hells for double posters and mistaggers. They put them next to the jaywalkers, people who don't put the full amount of change in the parking meter for the time they use, people who tell people who are talking in movies to "shhhh" even louder than the people who were talking, people who stick their gum in weird places in public, and people that pay for large items with all change. I think its the lobby, actually. You should still be ashamed of yourself!!!!

Really, i just wanted to harass someone :)
    Corrected.
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    Cr4zyJ said:

@Lcacdriver‌ as dee and others have mentioned the android (& linux, iphone) release of bg2ee will coincide with the release of the 1.3 patch HOWEVER the adroid beta client will be available on the play store at the start of the bg2ee 1.3 beta. You will have to pay for the game ($10 USD aprox) but that buys you the full release as well as access to the beta. They cant separate the beta from the final app (ie change the price later from free to premium) so you have to pay for it now. Its a play store quirk. You will have to get an invite to the g+ group once the beta starts to participate but THERE WILL BE A POST when that starts DO NOT ASK RIGHT NOW TO BE IN THE BETA.

In short, we will have an android version at thr start of the bg2ee 1.3 beta

Thanks for the clarification...that is what I originally understood, but it wasn't really re-stated like that in the other post to confirm Android....made it sound like Steam and Mac/I-crap only...so thanks again!!

edited December 2014
    Np! If you havent played iwd or bg1 on a tablet yet i can tell you its a joy. I run them on a nexus 7 2013 and, aside from being space hogs, they run and play extreemely well.
    Yep, have played both and was on beta for both, hoping for beta for 2 as well :-) Kind of in the middle of 2nd play through of IWD but currently on hold as I have been very busy at work.
    Dee said:

A short update: we won't be able to beta test through the Google Play store. Once the patch is released it will be available for purchase on Google Play, but you'll need to wait until then.

bummer
    Dee said:

A short update: we won't be able to beta test through the Google Play store. Once the patch is released it will be available for purchase on Google Play, but you'll need to wait until then.

... yea... to put it polietly this put a real damper on my day... im hoping everything is ok over there
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Everything's fine, we just need to run a slightly more limited beta event than I stated before.
  • killerrabbitkillerrabbit Member Posts: 402
    Dee said:

If there's one thing we don't want it's children whaling in the streets. That stuff belongs in the ocean, people.

Truth: This might be the funniest thing I've read on this forum. I lol'ed, for real.

edited December 2014
    Its disappointing but understandable. im guessing 3 platforms on 2 different distribution networks is still sizeable for a beta test on a patch... still going ahead with linux on steam for the beta?
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Do we have to have downloaded using the Beamdog client or can we have just used the beamdog site?
  • MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    edited December 2014
    I don't understand the need for closed beta since the game is already functional and no additionnal is added. Only people willing to face the bugs and provide feedback will enroll anyway. Make it open and it should greatly speed up the process.
    edited December 2014
    @Meyahi‌ actually It will be an open beta... all you have to do (likely) is fill out a form online, for beamdog client, or, for steam, enter a code they will make available on these forums. Please read before posting. I have a great thread about questions and answers for 1.3 thats stickied at the top of these bg2ee forums

Also, from what ive read there are a few bugs that are impacting the experience significantly enough to take these forums. I dont know if it has caused some to stop playing until the patch or how serious you would classify the issues are but the game needs a patch.
    @Cr4zyJ
    Dee said:

Everything's fine, we just need to run a slightly more limited beta event than I stated before.

What does this mean then?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I was referring to the fact that there won't be an open beta for Android, not that the beta itself would be closed off. Anyone who has purchased BGII:EE from Beamdog or Steam will be eligible for access once we get things going.
    It means that they are doing the beta on 3 platforms (pc and mac and also linux which is entirely new to bg2ee) on 2 distribution networks (steam and beamdog).
    They were going to do a 4th platform, android via the play store, which is also totaly new to bg2ee, but they decided to scale back.
    3 platforms on 2 different distribution networks is still going to reach alot of people. Its just disappointing because we will have to wait a little longer to take android for a spin.
    Cr4zyJ said:

.... Its just disappointing because we will have to wait a little longer to take android for a spin.

This, seriously...
    edited December 2014
    @Dee @Cr4zyJ
    Thank you, it is clear now.
  • DevantharDevanthar Member Posts: 6
    Basically, Android users are shafted? Damn, really wish I had gotten the iPad, now. :P Guess I'll have to wait till next year or something when Beta is finished.
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    edited December 2014
    Just returned from my cottage in the woods, no internet for 4 days and now this.

*Beamdog be praised.*
  • 314314 Member Posts: 20