Skip to content

When is the BG2ee 1.3 patch coming out?

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    edited October 2014
    @ makers of the patch
    remember to fix hexxat in the hell trials because she can't be sacrificed properly since she's an unkillable vampire (bug report submitted a long time ago)
  • LateralusLateralus Member Posts: 903
    Dee said:

Officially there's no date planned, but we're wrapping things up. As soon as we have a stable build we'll make a beta version available. Pre-Christmas does seem realistic at this point, but we won't release the patch until we're sure it's solid.

Awesome sauce! I wont begin my BG2 run until then, I'm sure I can wait...yup... :(
  • poisonipoisoni Member Posts: 6
    Is there some sort of patch-note which could be perused while waiting?
  • CasadoomCasadoom Member Posts: 68
    @Dee Could you confirm if the characters in MP Black Pits getting deleted will be fixed?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Casadoom said:

@Dee Could you confirm if the characters in MP Black Pits getting deleted will be fixed?

If you're referring to multiplayer clients being removed from the party after arena battles or after the first cutscene, then yes. If you're referring to some other issue I may need more information.
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    @Dee‌
    Is it safe to assume that bg2ee 1.3 beta will be launching on October?
    Can we expect some sort of documentation/changelog what bugs has already been fixed?
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Are we there yet?
  • darth_daerondarth_daeron Member Posts: 1
    Do you know it if with the new patch it is included the new languages?
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    its already 24 and no news about the patch so i guess we wont expect it in October
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    From the outside looking in late nov or after looks more likely. They are launching IWDee next week so that might occupy them but they still have people working on it. Dee has been saying beta testing for the patch and android should begin soon. I wouldnt be suprised to see them start beta testing quickly after the iwd launch. Its also plausible when they finish the final build for iwd they could focus more resources on updating bg2.

Thats a lot of possibilities but one thing is for sure: you should keep some optimism. The beta at very least cant be far off. If iwd is an indicator, the beta testing likely wont go on foverever and it will likely come in a fairly polished package for a beta.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Taking into account the holiday season there is basically two months left for Beamdog to release BG2 1.3 even during 2014. Considering how long everything takes with them even getting the patch this year isn't certain at this point.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    It's likely that they'll take at least few days to hotfix any critical IWD:EE issues like they did with BG2:EE after launch before going back to patching BG2:EE.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Latest word is that the BGII:EE 1.3 patch is already done, it's just in final internal testing.
    There has also been quite extensive beta testing of IWD:EE, so wouldn't be too worried there either.
  • infernalmachineinfernalmachine Member Posts: 3
    Sed said:

Latest word is that the BGII:EE 1.3 patch is already done, it's just in final internal testing.
    There has also been quite extensive beta testing of IWD:EE, so wouldn't be too worried there either.

What are your sources? I'm eager for any sort of news on the status of the 1.3 update.
    edited October 2014
    Sed said:
    Good to know that it won't be that much longer. I'd postponed my BG2 playthrough in anticipation of the patch, but lack of info has only made the wait harder. Hopefully in a week or two the patch will be released to the public.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I'm pretty much in the same situation.
    I've played through BG:EE more times than I can remember, and I'm loving the state that it's in. Playing BG2:EE right now makes me miss some of the awesome things that happened in 1.3.

With IWD:EE around the corner, that means additional engine upgrades that most likely will be backported for even more improvements. So yea, I'm pretty positive :D
  • OrangeOrange Member Posts: 2
    Will this patch be available for the Steam version of the game as well?
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited October 2014
    Im 99.9% certain the final version of the patch will apply to all platforms and the beta will likely only be on pcs via beamdog client. That has been the pattern in the past

There are no dead platforms for these games.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Orange said:

Will this patch be available for the Steam version of the game as well?

Yes, but may not be synced with he Beamdog release due to 3rd party interference. The team attempts to limit the wait time as quickly as possible though.
    How long do you think the beta period will be for?
  • Ragdoll83Ragdoll83 Member Posts: 34
    Will this patch address the massive multiplayer instability issues with bg2? The 100% crash on chapter changes etc. ?
  • Drow_ArrowDrow_Arrow Member Posts: 73
    Ragdoll83 said:

Will this patch address the massive multiplayer instability issues with bg2? The 100% crash on chapter changes etc. ?

BG1 had pretty much the same problem and it was fixed on there when 1.3 came out so i'd imagine it would be the same for bg2
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Drow_Arrow‌ is correct, and we've also addressed a number of additional issues that were specific to BGII:EE.
  • OrangeOrange Member Posts: 2
    Dee said:

Our plan is to release the patch on as many platforms as possible on the same day. This includes Google Play, Steam, and Beamdog. Mac App Store and iTunes may be a little bit delayed due to Apple's approval process, and GOG may require some additional effort, but there shouldn't be any delay for Steam users.

We may even be able to get Steam users in on the beta if testing goes well.

Ok, that sounds great. Thanks!

• maizamaiza Member Posts: 5
    after the patch, will we be able to finish the game without mayor crashings ?
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    @Dee any news about the progress of the patch ?