Skip to content

When is the BG2ee 1.3 patch coming out?

Comments

• SasayakiSasayaki Member Posts: 137
    My relief is palpable and my excitement unbridled.

No, it's not the real Hexxat.Viconia: Release the patch already, lest you feel the sting of my whip.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    So it's December now. How is it looking for getting the patch out this year?
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    edited December 2014
    Release the pahounds!! (patch or hounds= pahounds)
  • AP2014AP2014 Member Posts: 6
    Would it be best to restart from the beginning after the patch?

I'm probably less than 5% through the game.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    AP2014 said:

Would it be best to restart from the beginning after the patch?

I'm probably less than 5% through the game.

less than 5%, yes that would be better, I don't think they'll go on holiday having not released the patch yet, at least I hope -_-
  • ccunning1ccunning1 Member Posts: 18

Inside sources say 32nd Dectember is a likely date.

Cool, I get a Christmas present.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    edited December 2014

Glad to hear an estimation in days, not weeks;)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited December 2014
    bengoshi said:

You realize that's a countdown to the beta, not the patch, right?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    Patch or beta, it doesn't make a big difference: many could play the BGEE beta, many would be able to participate again.

Also, I'm sure that because of the longevity of waiting combined with the already-there work of testing and polishing the game by the Devs, the beta-testers will test it so fast, we'll see the final patch not long after.
    Thanks! I try to always believe in people. So far it has only been helping me;)
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    edited December 2014
    At this point there is no chance this patch will be released before the holidays. Few days till new RC means end of the week at the earliest. Then they will hopefully test it internally first, and if it passes the internal testing it will be released for public testing.

Which, unless they are going to do the beta just for the PR, needs to be way longer than week or two. BG2 is a massive game and if they really want a proper beta they need to give people time to actually play the game.

Edit: I really hope they get the beta version available to Steam this time at least. Give all the people who purchased BG2EE from there the option to use that version while waiting for the final release.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    @Messi‌

In the 1.3 question/answers topic (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36550/bg2ee-1-3-beta-final-release-question-and-answer#latest) it is stated that the beta will be available on Steam.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited December 2014

@Messi‌

In the 1.3 question/answers topic (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36550/bg2ee-1-3-beta-final-release-question-and-answer#latest) it is stated that the beta will be available on Steam.

Note the "Yes" has a question mark next to it. Dee said in that thread that it was their goal to have the beta available for Steam users, but its not confirmed that it will be.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    You are correct. I missed the question mark.
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    shawne said:

bengoshi said:

The beta for what, exactly?

edited December 2014

shawne said:

bengoshi said:

They seem like they are now taking the approach of doing betas on all their big patches. So we're talking about a beta patch here (the patch for everyone else would come sometime after).
    elminster said:

shawne said:

bengoshi said:

They seem like they are now taking the approach of doing betas on all their big patches. So we're talking about a beta patch here (the patch for everyone else would come sometime after).
    Thanks...I thought he might have meant something entirely different as that Tweet that was shown was an answer directly related to a question about the patch, so I was mildly confused.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    edited December 2014
    This post had been edites to reflect new information

To answer @Lcacdriver‌ question and more: Its important to note the beta testing will not only be for the pc and mac versions of bg2ee v1.3 but also the client beta for the not yet released android and linux versions of bg2ee. As of right now, there is nothing to contradict the previous info that the beta testing will not be done through apple distribution methods and the yet to be released iPhone version will not get an external beta, but will still be part of the bg2ee1.3 release plan. In short, the beta will be on 4 platforms (pc, mac and linux through steam, pc and mac through beamdog, and android through play store) but the final release will bring into the fold all 6 of their previously targeted major platforms (pc, mac, linux, android, ipad, iphone) so that means the game is being released on 3 new platforms along with patching 3 others!!

Thats a lot of work!!!!! i know im not the only one stoked for an android release!!

So, needless to say, theyve been kept pretty busy with this for a while now and im sure they are just as excited to get it out to all of you as you will be to play it. Everything theyve said and done indicates that they want 1.3 to go off cleanly and with a bang like IWD did... rather than with children whailing and people rioting in the streets at patches and releases that needed more time in the past... so they are taking that time.

While the jabs at their beta length may deserved, to clairify for those reading these posts who haven't been following this closely, this beta test will be dramatically shorter than previous betas (who knows? Maybe even shorter than the larger phase of the IWD beta... though we're not allowed to say how long that was... it was way shorter than the previous external betas :) ...)

If im wrong feel free to correct my post or say so
    Post edited by Cr4zyJ on
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Dee said:

If there's one thing we don't want it's children whaling in the streets. That stuff belongs in the ocean, people.

Yeh, along with whaling virgins.
  • ccunning1ccunning1 Member Posts: 18
    Cr4zyJ said:

To answer @Lcacdriver‌ question and more: Its important to note the beta testing will not only be for the pc version of bg2ee v1.3 but also the client beta for the not yet released android version of bg2ee. As of right now, there is nothing to contradict the previous info that the beta testing will not be done through apple distribution methods and the yet to be released iPhone version will not get an external beta, but will still be part of the bg2ee1.3 release plan. In short, the beta will be on 2-4 platforms (possibly pc, mac and linux through steam and beamdog, android through play store. Im asking for clairification on this...) but the final release will bring into the fold all 6 of their previously targeted major platforms (pc, mac, linux, android, ipad, iphone) so that means the game is being released on 3 new platforms along with patching 3 others!!... thats a lot of work! i know im not the only one stoked for an android release!!

So, needless to say, theyve been kept pretty busy with this for a while now and im sure they are just as excited to get it out to all of you as you will be to play it. Everything theyve said and done indicates that they want 1.3 to go off cleanly and with a bang like IWD did... rather than with children whailing and people rioting in the streets at patches and releases that needed more time in the past... so they are taking that time.

While the jabs at their beta length may deserved, to clairify for those reading these posts who haven't been following this closely, this beta test will be dramatically shorter than previous betas (who knows? Maybe even shorter than the larger phase of the IWD beta... though we're not allowed to say how long that was... it was way shorter than the previous external betas :) ...)

If im wrong feel free to correct my post or say so

Thanks for clearing that up, still good news about the wait.
    @Lcacdriver‌ well you have your answer. Looks like it will be (but only for some people).

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/584814/#Comment_584814
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    shawne said:

but Dee said they've improved some things. So probably nine months.

You really shouldn't say things like that. 9 months from now you'll come here, quote yourself and go "Damn. Was I spot on or what?" and I'll hate you soooo much for it.
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    Yea, some people think that it would be delivered on time if no one made stupid jokes about Beamdog's time plans ;)
    elminster said:

@Lcacdriver‌ well you have your answer. Looks like it will be (but only for some people).

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/584814/#Comment_584814

Yes, but @Dee avoided mention of Android....hopefully he or someone answers up about that.