Skip to content

v1.3 Update Patch Notes (PDF Attached)

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
In case you haven't checked out our patch notes in the News forum, the attached PDF is a concise presentation of what's worth seeing in this patch. The full list of changes are in the patch announcement here.

Download the PDF

Post edited by Dee on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I've given this document a read and have checked the improvements in-game. I'm really pleased with the results :D

The brochure is quite solid :) All the major changes are covered and explained in the best way. Drizzt's cloak looks stylish. Most importantly, if I had seen such a pamphlet at a game store, I'd buy the game right away!
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I too have now read the official PDF. I feel wiser as a result...

Could it be a tome of wisdom in disguise?
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Nicely done, indeed. :-)
  • artenzartenz Member Posts: 3
    Is there a way to roll back to before this patch install. I don't like the change to removing the window scroll and want the older version back, or advise on how to add the scrolling. The other up dates are ok, but without the window scroll the game is too cumbersome to play, and will most likely get shelved and if this feature is in the other edition I will NOT be buying them.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    There's no way to undo the patches; once you apply them they're there.

Have you tried using the arrow keys or middle mouse button? (or just playing the game full-screen?)
  • MartyMarty Member Posts: 27
    Dee said:

Have you tried using the arrow keys or middle mouse button? (or just playing the game full-screen?)

It unfortunately forces some people to change the way they have played the game since it first came out. It's just not as convenient anymore. A toggle option to bring it back would be really nice though.

• artenzartenz Member Posts: 3
    Dee said:

Thanks. I don't have a middle mouse button, but saw the option to use the arrow keys and double click L mouse to move. Still a bit odd to work with but better than having to go to the map (which does not auto pause and I get slammed by an enemy) each time.
    If I might suggest that next time when changes like this have to occur -then give players alt suggestions or work arounds like those for this issue in the patch notes.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    You can edit the games configuration file to enable a setting that will pause the game while looking at the map.
  • ItomonItomon Member Posts: 187
    Franpa said:

You can edit the games configuration file to enable a setting that will pause the game while looking at the map.

Unless it's multiplayer, then you can't be helped. ^^'
  • SleeplesSleeples Member Posts: 18
    I have a PC version, how to install patch on PC?
    @Sleeples‌ if you bought the game through Beamdog, just run the Beamdog client or the stand-alone launcher and click "Apply Update". If you bought it through Steam, you should see an update in your Steam client library.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    edited October 2014
    Ah yes.. 'didn't see that one before.. very nice pdf actually! :)
    .. i will especially highlight the resizable fonts and the luck thing fix, at first glance.. little touches but very welcomed)

..and now i will have to DL all that from the torrent link, if i recover it. (my launcher is broken, never open again here.. never knew why ,( ). .. or wait till i finally upgr&ade to win 8.1... ahem, no, maybe the torrent first then.. as soon as possible now. And expecting the same kind of things for BG2EE soon i guess.. good. :)

PS:
    1. connect on Beamdog page & account
    2. DL the direct torrent link directly from http://www.beamdog.com/client/beam/#####.torrent
    00766 = BG1EE
    00783 = BG2EE
    3. Use a standard torrent soft DLer (Deluge, qBitorrent, utorrent, all ok) for the full DL.
    was OK, thx! 00766_v1.3.2053 new folder here and ready/working too now, ras!
    Post edited by sunset00 on
  • DokhollywoodDokhollywood Member Posts: 2
    I downloaded the patch on my iPad, and the patch erased all of my in-app purchases. They are accessible through my old saved games, but not through games that I have just created. How do I get everything back now -- without having to pay for it all over again?
    The purchases are still stored on your account, the game just hasn't detected them yet. Open the Store screen and click "Buy"; instead of charging your account, it will inform you that you already own the item, and ask if you want to reactivate it.
  • DokhollywoodDokhollywood Member Posts: 2
    It worked! Thanks!
  • cromaticsteelcromaticsteel Member Posts: 3
    is the 1.3 patch out yet?
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    @cromaticsteel‌ for BG:EE yes
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Your copy of BG:EE should have updated automatically, if you purchased from Beamdog.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    edited December 2014
    @Dee‌ the brochure is pretty sweet! I am especially digging the new location bits. (I was hoping for the return of Baeloth, but Neera is pretty sweet).

There is no mention of improved audio tho. Any idea why?

If I may be so bold, can you share a tutorial on how to create\import new locations for IE games? in order to expand modding possiblities :P
    @Dark_Ansem‌ These patch notes are from the 1.3 update to BG:EE back in August; the BGII:EE patch, which will be released tomorrow, will include the improved audio. You can find the release notes here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/35905/road-to-v1-3-survey-and-discussion#latest
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    d'oh I got mixed up... thanks!
  • GuttaperkaGuttaperka Member Posts: 3
    Isn't Russian supposed to be included in the latest android version? I just bought the game today from play store, but I can't find neither Russian nor Ukrainian in the Language section.
  • CABaaLCABaaL Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    so if i bought BG:EE before iPhone support, I now have to buy it again in order to play it on my phone?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @CABaaL : A PC and iPhone versions of the game are different products, yes.

If you bought BGEE for your computer, you have to buy BGEE on iTunes in order to play it on your phone.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    bengoshi said:

@CABaaL : A PC and iPhone versions of the game are different products, yes.

If you bought BGEE for your computer, you have to buy BGEE on iTunes in order to play it on your phone.

But it's now a universal app so if you bought it for iPad before the update you can download on your phone for free.
  • CABaaLCABaaL Member Posts: 2
    So rip off. Nice. Since that only means paying for same thing twice
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I don't know of a single instance when a developer tossed in a free, full-featured mobile OS version of a game purchased for PC/Mac, or vice versa. It cost a lot of money and man-hours to adapt the 17 year-old Infinity Engine to modern touchscreen Android and iOS tablets & phones. Expecting it for free strikes me as patently unreasonable. *shrug*
  • IntoTheDarknessIntoTheDarkness Member Posts: 118
    edited April 2015
    This really should have been released 3 years ago when the first game was released except some of the bugfixes since bugs are inevitable at first. The 'enhanced' edition of 2012 was really a lackluster not deserving the name, since the few new contents were underwhelming and only bugs were overwhelming. I'm pretty sure features like auto-looting was needed to justify $20 price tag for 17 years old game and it doesn't take a feedback to come up with such improvements. And multiplayer, though I don't play it, should probably have been there as promised instead of being on beta back in 2012.

I am immensely enjoying BGEE that I abandoned a almost finished BGT game mostly thanks to auto-loots, however it was only 2 years after my purchase that Enhanced Edition felt like enhanced and relatively bug-free at all. It's bad that paid customers had to pay again for the development of BG2EE and IWDEE to have the new features and changes retroactively applied back to BGEE, and even worse it took nearly 2 years after the initial release. No gamers should wait 2 years to play their game after buying it.

I'm wary of purchasing any Beamdog products because of my experience with BGEE. I usually wait a few months before buying new games for patches to be applied but I'm not going to wait 2 years for a patch. BGEE didn't turn out to be a BG game that it was promised to be as multiplayer was still in development, it introduced tons of bugs, underwhelming new contents, UI improvements were half-baked(no new models, animations), essential mods such as ascension were excluded; at least you could have helped players suffering from multiple new bugs with auto-loot feature at release. Frankly, I am surprised how generous gamers have been. I don't really think Beamdog is ever going to be capable of making BG3 that is worthy sequel/new series to Bhaal Spawn saga considering what's been done with new contents BGEE and BG2EE, yet so many fans seem to have faith in them and consider BGEE's initial mess an investment for BG3.
    Post edited by IntoTheDarkness on
    @IntoTheDarkness Trent Oster, the head of Beamdog, not once or twice admitted they had been forced to release BGEE with the appropriate time limitations by the right-holder.

They have admitted their mistake and with IWDEE have showed that they can release a product in a very good state.

Now they're following the route of "release when ready only". So with any future Beamdog product the chances of getting something similar to the BGEE release version are low I guess.