Skip to content

The video of IWDEE. Now all 10 videos are out

2»

Comments

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    scriver said:

Icewind Dale is so awesome that I am going to watch this despite not being the biggest fan of the Escapist!

Uh... I am a moron. The Escapist is totally NOT who I thought he was. Apparently it is not even a person...
    I'm curious, who did you think the Escapist was? Yahtzee, maybe? I think he's their biggest personality.
    Or were you thinking Jim Sterling? Personally I love them both...
  • BoracBorac Member Posts: 15
    I am loving these videos so much. They really put me they right roleplaying mood, and makes me think of the good old days with paper and pen roleplaying, where rules exploiting and minmaxing where my favorite part of the game.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    scriver said:

Icewind Dale is so awesome that I am going to watch this despite not being the biggest fan of the Escapist!

Uh... I am a moron. The Escapist is totally NOT who I thought he was. Apparently it is not even a person...
    I'm curious, who did you think the Escapist was? Yahtzee, maybe? I think he's their biggest personality.
    @scriver‌
    I thought it was a fat dude who reviewed movies and rudely made fun of people in a really stuck up voice... but I guess it is an online videogame magazine so what do I know, lol?
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    @kensai wow your right that is the voice of Baeloth.

Shut the Bloody Door! This is the best yet!

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I've always liked how in the IE games enemies can't open doors (except in the new EE content I guess). It adds to the depth of the combat. Perhaps there is a fight you can't win with brute force but you can win with clever use of this technique. Sometimes making AI better can actually make a game worse.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688

I've always liked how in the IE games enemies can't open doors (except in the new EE content I guess). It adds to the depth of the combat. Perhaps there is a fight you can't win with brute force but you can win with clever use of this technique. Sometimes making AI better can actually make a game worse.

I catch your drift, but do you think the difficulty of some encounters was implemented with the monsters' inability to open doors in mind?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    For some reason the 8th video is not out yet. The last one is from October 26, the one from October 27 is missing.

*probably a bug
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    bengoshi said:

For some reason the 8th video is not out yet. The last one is from October 26, the one from October 27 is missing.

After a slight hiccup, the final videos (of the initial run, anyway) are now en route to the Escapist, if they aren't there already.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    ...And the 8th video is out!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/9842-Icewind-Dale-Enhanced-Edition-Rules-Part-8-Aim-Away-From-Face?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=news

"Aim away from face". Hmm, I wonder what Boo (and Minsc) will think about this advice :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    For the first time in these ten days the videos in this thread were posted after they had been posted in Dee's thread.

It's the icy wind of changes, I guess.
    The last video, number 10, with a funny title "Give up":

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/9843-Icewind-Dale-Enhanced-Edition-Rules-Part-10-Give-Up

I will miss these videos. They were so funny and Alveus was so charismatic in them!
    I won't close this thread (as opposed to the Dee's one) so that everyone who wants to discuss how awesome Alveus is can do it any time and you just can't call Alveus awesome enough.

The OP now has direct YouTube links to the 9th and the 10th videos.
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    I can't get over how he pronounced Yxunomei. I mean, there are voiced lines in game with the proper pronunciation.