Skip to content

IWD:EE Pre-Load Starts October 29!

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    No idea what time but I assume it will be whatever time beamdog are on (MDT i think)
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    wubble said:

No idea what time but I assume it will be whatever time beamdog are on (MDT i think)

not sure when 'whatever time' is, but when it's here, I"ll be stoked. :P
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Mac seems to work. It allows me to download the disk image.
    Unfortunately, I'm running a Windows rig, and I get the same 404 + log out page as @decado (Oooo, bad lich!)
    edited October 2014
    Current time in Edmonton
    Wednesday, 29 October 2014, 08:59:54 MDT

I'm guessing that Beamdog are still setting up for the day as it's only 9am(unsure of canadian office hours) though they could have been working for a while now
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I advice everyone to wait for an official announcement of the start by the Devs. Until the announcement is made and the thread title is changed to something like "Pre-Load has begun", we won't be able to download anything.
  • BoracBorac Member Posts: 15
    It now says ready to download, but each time I click on download the BEamDog launcher shuts Down.
    looks like beamdog are still working on the site
    in the my games section on beamdog.com i now have IWD:EE and IWD:EE for mac OS X
    wasnt there 20 mins ago

I should really get on with some work instead of eagerly waiting for the preload :(
    edited October 2014
    I think it's working now :)

Edit: Pirate-ninja'd!
    downloading now :D
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    IWD:EE for OSX is downloading now. As fast as possible. Good job.
  • AnomalyAnomaly Member Posts: 62
    Preloading speed is surprisingly high. Good job indeed.
  • PhilstewartPhilstewart Member Posts: 1
    Help, Im trying to preload, and it wont download any faster than about 9kb/sec. Currently saying 3 days! Nothing else is using the bandwidth. Any suggestions?
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002

Help, Im trying to preload, and it wont download any faster than about 9kb/sec. Currently saying 3 days! Nothing else is using the bandwidth. Any suggestions?

There's a "Use P2P" button next to the download bar in the standalone installer. Try toggling it to see if it gets any faster. Other than that, no idea, sorry.
  • Krog81Krog81 Member Posts: 15
    Great Job! Done it!
  • LlandonLlandon Member Posts: 6
    So...... now what? I've done the pre-load, but what comes next? Will there be more files to download or will the game magically unlock and be playable??
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    Llandon said:

So...... now what? I've done the pre-load, but what comes next? Will there be more files to download or will the game magically unlock and be playable??

Now we wait until tomorrow.
    There will be a small amount of files to download tomorrow when it goes live, after that, it will be playable.

• moskitoprmoskitopr Member Posts: 7
    Day 30 in which time zone ?
    @moskitopr one would assume MDT as that is where beamdog are UTC-6 hours i think

moskitopr said:

Day 30 in which time zone ?

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
    MDT
    (currently 1715 hours/5:15pm)
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Just got my copy and preloading now! Never played IWD1 but played IWD2. I think I will appreciate these new enhancements.
    I started preloading almost as soon as it was available
    started off really fast
    now i'm stuck at 2.5/2.6G with my installer saying connecting and occasionally getting up to the whopping speed of 35KB/s ( for around 4 hours)
    it's not fair should've been finished by now :(
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    edited October 2014
    Here's an update in case you aren't following the other thread:
  • moskitoprmoskitopr Member Posts: 7
    9:00 MDT in Brasil is 1:00PM !!! :(
    @moskitopr‌ Its 3pm in the uk!
This discussion has been closed.