Skip to content

Not Going To Play BG:EE....

UnseeyingEyeUnseeyingEye Member Posts: 48
until the release of its sequel that is. As excited as I may be (and I am as excited as the rest of you so don't say I am not!) I cannot bear to play BG:EE until the release of BGII:EE. It'll take some serious patience and willpower but I will not cave. Anyone else going to do the same and wait a year or so?

Comments

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Why?
  • Corto81Corto81 Member Posts: 18
    I'll be playing it and very probably re-playing it long before BG2:EE comes out.
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Corto81 said:

I'll be playing it and very probably re-playing it long before BG2:EE comes out.

As will I. It'll be great fun to find all the new stuff. :)

• Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Will probably take me a year to complete BG:EE anyway :/
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I loved BG and so will play BG:EE to death from the moment it is released. But to be honest I find BG2 a bit of a bore and I think I have only ever finished it once. I will buy BG2:EE when it comes out and look forward to seeing how it improves on the original. But I definitely won't be waiting for it before I gather my party and venture forth once more.
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    @Permidion_Stark Yeah. its odd how the games are so different and so similar at the same time, but I like both equally. Prefer the main quest in BG1 but the side quests in BG2 are so, so much better imo. Mind, theyd have to be considering the whole of chapter 2 is based on them.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    I won't wait a year. No way. I plan to start is as soon as it is realeased. I will take it slow, though.
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    @Djimmy: Likewise. I will be taking my sweet time to enjoy the game.
  • EidolonEidolon Member Posts: 99
    Corto81 said:

I'm with you. I will be playing BG:EE, and replay it till BG:EE 2. In all honesty I doubt it will be that long a wait in between BG:EE amd BG:EE 2.

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited August 2012
    I have precious little time for gaming, but I will do everything I can to try to squeeze it in somehow for the two EEs.

Lol, no, I won't wait until BG2:EE comes out to play BG:EE. I'll try to play BG:EE as soon as it's available. It's how much time I have to complete it that's the problem for me.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @UnseeyingEye I definitely see your point.. normally BG doesn't feel worth the playthrough for me if I can't go on and play BG2 and ToB afterwards. And that's not because I don't like BG1, but I see the BG series pretty much as one game nowadays.

As has been stated though, another year with no BG is a long time to wait, so I'll likely play it. If push comes to shove I can always recreate the character in regular BG2 and keep going from there, minus new NPC:s and such.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    mch202 said:

Anyone else going to do the same and wait a year or so?

Masochism isn't my thing...
    don't knock it til you've tried it :)
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Where do you guys get the idea it will take a year for BG EE II to come out?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Totally agree with @Space_hamster.
    BG:EE took some months and had a lot troubles being the 1st project.
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    I have to congratulate the OP on one of the best thread titles ever. Totally suckered me in...

I'm going to play it right away about 5 times, with many different party combinations. I waited 14 years for this game to be improved...I'm pretty much done waiting. :)
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    edited August 2012
    I'll probably play through a couple iterations of BG:EE to bring different class PC's to max level for import to BG2:EE

I also believe BG2:EE will probably follow on much quicker than it took to do BG:EE, though they may space out it's release to allow for people to be ready to spend money again...you release them too close together and you risk overloading the consumer wallet not that these games cost much but for some $20 is more than it is for others.
  • UnseeyingEyeUnseeyingEye Member Posts: 48
    edited August 2012
    decado said:

If you do eventually intend to play it can I suggest that you buy BG:EE anyway to show support to the developers?

More support = more chance future enhanced games will be produced.

Don't worry, while I admit I have not pre-ordered BG:EE, I fully intend to purchase it relatively soon after its release even though I will put off playing it.
    Silence said:

I have to congratulate the OP on one of the best thread titles ever. Totally suckered me in...

Haha thank you. That was my intention. I knew many people would see it and, thinking me total scum, click the link with a hate message already in their minds that their fingers were just itching to write.

I was inspired by similar titles such as: "I keep beating my wife" ...at Call of Duty etc.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    Personally I will prolly just be content to beat BGEE multiple times with multiple classes/kits so that when BG2 comes out I already have a large group of characters to choose from.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    mch202 said:

Anyone else going to do the same and wait a year or so?

Masochism isn't my thing...
    @mch202 you have NO idea what you're missing!!

Ahem... joking aside... :P

I agree that waiting one year is a bit much, or whatever time BG2:EE comes, maybe waiting a bit at the start though would be ok.

I probably won't be able to play it since the start of October or mid October, because of exams :/

If i play it, exams are screwed :P

• shadowstriker85shadowstriker85 Member Posts: 14
    I'll be playing it the moment it is available for android. Have quite a few times every day where I have an hour or two to kill, and one of the best games ever made + portable = win.
  • cutlasskiwicutlasskiwi Member Posts: 35
    Corto81 said:

Hear hear!
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175

Personally I will prolly just be content to beat BGEE multiple times with multiple classes/kits so that when BG2 comes out I already have a large group of characters to choose from.

Me as well. I've already got two PCs in mind, for two playthroughs, and possibly a third. That way, when BG2:EE releases, I'll hopefully have 2+ PCs ready to go!

My guess is that while they're working on BG2:EE, they'll release a few DLCs. I have every intention of exploring every nook and cranny--multiple times.

Speaking, of course, as someone who has completed two full playthroughs of the entire saga this year alone. (I'm currently playing Dragon Age: Origins to pass the time, and I'm bored to tears.)

• DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Zarffyn

I've been trying to play DA: O to pass the time but as I outlined in another thread its not exactly working. I forget which thread it was or I'd link my detailed reasons why again.

@Zarffyn

I've been trying to play DA: O to pass the time but as I outlined in another thread its not exactly working. I forget which thread it was or I'd link my detailed reasons why again.

I'm playing it for the first time. Maybe I've been spoiled by 14 years of Baldur's Gate, but...meh. Good for venting frustrations from work...if I imagine my customers as darkspawn.
  • koverasaltkoverasalt Member Posts: 4

Where do you guys get the idea it will take a year for BG EE II to come out?

From Trent Oster's twitter account July 12, 2012
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    #bgee will launch in 2012, before summer ends! #BG2EE will ship in 2013. We're committed!
    That's the most information I could find. 2013 is technically a year after 2012

That's the most information I could find. 2013 is technically a year after 2012

Technically 2013 begins a day after 2012 ends. :) (One could be more precise, but one needs not to be.)

Of course, if the world ends with the Mayan Calendar, we're all hosed and will never see BG2:EE. And wouldn't that be a crying shame?